Bedini Earth Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Slider2732 View Post
    I am 99% likely to be wrong, but there ya go.
    You still make the most sense, so thank you!

Comment

• Originally posted by llynch View Post
      Amphoteric oxides can react as a base or acid. I haven't looked into the crystal structure of each but the behavior may be similar to the "Changeling" John mentioned. Then again maybe it's the polarity of the oxidation states that is the "Changeling".

Now I just gotta figure out how to turn this Galena into powder. Muriatic acid and polar north?

Apologies if someone has already submitted a link to this patent: (reminds me of acrylic that has had high voltage discharged into it)
      Process for forming ambient temperature superconducting filaments-4325795
      excellent info llynch

Ronald Bourgoin: Ambient Temperature Bismuth Superconductor

John V. Milewski -- Single Crystal Filament Light -- USP # 4864186, #5404836
      Signs and symbols rule the world, not words nor laws.” -Confucius.

Comment

• Guys,
        Update on Zn02 carbon Mg pile cell.
        In my basement, with dehumidifier,
        Cell voltage = 0
        current= 15mA
        Fluid seems essential to functionality.
        My test cell #2 and #4 sealed with epoxy
        And internalized desiccant holding voltage at 1.67v.
        Perhaps asymmetric distribution of desiccant in sealed cell is helpful.
        Placement towards copper electrode works better than towards
        Magnesium.
        Very Best Regards,
        Jim

Comment

• Update on Replications.

Update on some of my replications. The first cell is ibpointless2 stove top cell powering lidmotor's penny circuit. Notice also that the cement cell (inspired by NickZ) is still working and also see the 3 water batteries. Those 3 cells have now reached their first birthday powering a red LED nonstop for a full year. Thanks for watching!

Update - Crystal Battery - YouTube

Brad S

Note: if some of you noticed that my video looks a little “blue”, it is. Inspired by “SkyWatcher” and his thread “12 volt powered oscillator LED light”, I converted my workspace to solar lights. The LED’s ordered were supposed to be 5mm Straw Hat Wide Angle White LED’s. They actually give off a slight blue tint, but still light up the bench very well. Now that I have gotten used to them, I kind of like it.
          Last edited by b_rads; 09-20-2011, 09:28 PM. Reason: Added Note

Comment

• As I mentioned yesterday: Here are a couple of pics of the my quartz/carbon rod cell lighting an led by itself. Sorry the images are blurry, my camera has a hard time with close-ups. The led is not bright, but its on... The cell is already a few days old, and still nails the meter needle all the way to the 50mA mark, bangs the side of the analog meter, and backs off to 50mA.
            The last picture is of all capacitor can cells that I'm working on with different mixes, which I'm now connecting together. I'll post more pictures once I've done that.
            My first cells made with beach quartz rocks are still reading 50+mA, now two weeks old, and has been running 24/7 for most all the time.
            Total voltage if these cells are connected together is about 8.5 volts.
            Attached Files

Comment

• "Penny" replication

Originally posted by b_rads View Post

Update on some of my replications. The first cell is ibpointless2 stove top cell powering lidmotor's penny circuit. Notice also that the cement cell (inspired by NickZ) is still working and also see the 3 water batteries. Those 3 cells have now reached their first birthday powering a red LED nonstop for a full year. Thanks for watching!

Update - Crystal Battery - YouTube

Brad S

Note: if some of you noticed that my video looks a little “blue”, it is. Inspired by “SkyWatcher” and his thread “12 volt powered oscillator LED light”, I converted my workspace to solar lights. The LED’s ordered were supposed to be 5mm Straw Hat Wide Angle White LED’s. They actually give off a slight blue tint, but still light up the bench very well. Now that I have gotten used to them, I kind of like it.
              Brad I'm glad that you replicated the "Penny" oscillator and have it running on IB's "stove top" cell. Now there are two identical tests running. I am on another sailing trip to Catalinas Island and I left "Penny" at home---- running. I will not be back until the end of the week and it will be interesting to see if she is still going or not. For some reason THAT oscillator connected to THAT cell just kept on going week after week without dying or dropping off in voltage.

Good luck to all with the experiments while I am gone. I have internet access over here but I am not building anthing-----just fishing and relaxing.

Lidmotor

Comment

• Originally posted by NickZ View Post
                As I mentioned yesterday: Here are a couple of pics of the my quartz/carbon rod cell lighting an led by itself. Sorry the images are blurry, my camera has a hard time with close-ups. The led is not bright, but its on... The cell is already a few days old, and still nails the meter needle all the way to the 50mA mark, bangs the side of the analog meter, and backs off to 50mA.
                The last picture is of all capacitor can cells that I'm working on with different mixes, which I'm now connecting together. I'll post more pictures once I've done that.
                My first cells made with beach quartz rocks are still reading 50+mA, now two weeks old, and has been running 24/7 for most all the time.
                Total voltage if these cells are connected together is about 8.5 volts.
                Great work NickZ. Would you, please, be able to make a series of pictures showing each step of the way in how to replicate your cell?

I read many times what you have done but I am still having trouble to understand exactly what to do and how to do your cell. I am not very smart guy! Once you do that I am very willing to replicate and even create a video on Youtube with HD video so others can readily replicate also.

Many thanks,

Fausto.

Comment

• And watching for these Lidmotor ?
                  Couldn't resist that comment, after what my wife said about that area

Enjoyed that vid Brad..another exacting 'Penny' too. I need some of that wire ! wondering if Lowes carries it, our 2 DollarTree's don't seem to.
                  My few versions of the 'Penny' so far never quite get down to the 'blip blip blip' slow Hz running that Lidmotor's do and that I can see in yours, though i'll try a 1Meg pot instead of the 850K ones.

The originally polarity flipped carbon rod/capacitor can is now at 1.316V and 11uA.
                  A second one didn't flip and in fact has died off to 0.046V and 1uA - i'll bet my heating on the stove was different (probably not long enough or too high).
                  The graphite/carbon cell is at 0.106V, but hey it's dried out and that was no surprise
                  Next up, will be a graphite/carbon electroded epsom/alum cell, but taking note of previous replies i'll put the mixture in a cap can and see what happens.

Comment

• @ Fausto and All:
                    I'll see about showing the process in a day or two. I'm still just working on the different mixes to see what works best, but using the larger aluminum capacitor cans, and carbon rod anode are the two strongest and best working electrodes that I've tried up to now.
                    I've not had a chance to make I own carbon for the carbon/quartz electrolyte yet. Clear quartz points ground to powder and mixed in about 6 layers with carbon, is what has worked best as the electrolyte, so far.
                    I have made no expenses at all, and everything that I've used has been just laying around my house. $0 cost cells..

My intention is also to make the voltaic pile design, using a solid electrolyte. But pure magnesium plates, and carbon plates are not that cheap, or are something that I might just have laying around the house.

I think that a dry or solid electrolyte Mg/Carbon pile cell, like some of the guys are making now, has the best potential, and is also the most practical way to connect multiple cells together in a pile, to obtain at least 12 volts with some useful current too. We still need to know what is the best or optimum size of plates to use, as well as what makes for the best dry electrolyte.

Comment

• Maybe our understanding of the galvanic process is all wrong. It could very well be that the galvanic process is not the reason why metals corrode. Water is understood to be the universal solvent, its so strong it created the grand canyon. It might be that the water is what corrodes the metals and not the galvanic process. The galvanic’s are creating the dipole of unlimited energy so long as the metals are not exposed to water which corrodes it. This could be the reason why the crystal cell don’t show corrosion when dried and shorted out. Galvanic’s may not cause corrosion but it can assist in it when placed in a wet environment. Pure water won’t conduct electricity but to obtain pure water is complex and you’ll never get all the ions out from it. So pure water won’t corrode metals either but pure water doesn’t exist in everyday life so water contains ions and its these ions (minerals, etc.) that corrode the metal or other objects by dissolving them away. When Electricity is applied as from the Galvanic process the Ions get extra energy and that energy is what adds to the corrosion (dissolving) of metals. So we could say that Galvanic's is misunderstood and its the water with the ions that really kills the cells.

By what claim do I say this? How I see the galvanic process is simple, Two dissimilar metals in a electrolyte. From my testing when the electrolyte is wet (contains water with ions) it will “dissolve” the metals. When the electrolyte is dry (crystal) the metals don’t dissolve or corrode away due to the fact water is not touching it. For centries we only explored the wet electroylte, even what industries calls “dry” cells still contains mositure and so we always contributed galvanics to be the reason why batteries die because the galvanics was corroding it away. Its been the water that has been doing all the corroding. Avoid water with Ions when using dissimilar metals and you'll have a dipole with plenty of energy.
                      All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

• Although I agree that galvanic cell energy is proportional to the amount of material depletion, I've also suspect that galvanic corrosion is an accelerating case of general corrosion.

Today I've experiment with a new cell. We have so far use dissimilar metals to make our cells, I'm trying out same metal with dissimilar electrolytes. lol So far I've observed that electrical current flow between acid and base. I'd like to use lemon juice and bleach but out of lemon juice for now. lol This is the design I'm testing. I've also use paper as bridge but it also shows voltage with metal. I have not found any good information on the net on how this cell works. The only info I have is corrosion can occur due to difference in electrolytes, but speaking in general corrosion.

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

Comment

• [QUOTE=ibpointless2;158232]Maybe our understanding of the galvanic process is all wrong. It could very well be that the galvanic process is not the reason why metals corrode. Water is understood to be the universal solvent, its so strong it created the grand canyon.

Dear IB pointless,
                          May I suggest a very interesting and mind expanding alternative view of the hydrodynamic formative process for the Grand Canyon, seek Thunderbolts project and Electric Universe Theory. Just Something to chew on.
                          The Lightning-Scarred Planet Mars -- Part Two - YouTube
                          Please take this in the most sincere vein.

I am replicating your Pure Crystal cell with the addition of magnetic forces as per JB's idea and adding ZN02 as a constituent.
                          Thank you again.
                          Very Best Regards,
                          Jim
                          PS How long did it take to grow the crystals?

Comment

• @ Slider2732
                            I got my “plant wire tie” material at Home Depot. It was in 100’ rolls. I used the 1 meg pot on my circuit. The more I play with the stuff the more I am believing John Bedini is correct in saying that it is imperative to match the circuit to the cell. Too much stress on the cell will shorten its usefulness.

@ Ib
                            I hope your hypothesis on the galvanics is true. Now to prove this is true beyond a doubt. Any good ideas on how to test?

@ quantumuppercut
                            I toyed with Walter Lovell’s Monothermal cells a while back, and in reflection, I overlooked what was happening. These cells were very productive while they lasted. I used Mg and Cu for the plates, but sandwiched two layers of material in between. Glue with Carbon and Glue with Chlorine (tablets for swimming pools). What I found out was the consumption occurred on the chlorine. Same thing when I used glue and lawn fertilizer. The fertilizer was consumed. When I disassembled the cells, the electrodes were pristine – bright and shiny as the day the cells were made. I did not try same metal electrodes. I hope this helps you in your experiment.

@jehdds
                            I am really interested to see how your crystal growing goes. I did pretty well with aluminum and copper electrodes, but could not grow crystals using Mg. The electrodes bubbled the entire time they were submerged in the solution and would not grow crystals for me.

Brad S

Comment

• Originally posted by b_rads View Post
                              @ Slider2732
                              I got my “plant wire tie” material at Home Depot. It was in 100’ rolls. I used the 1 meg pot on my circuit. The more I play with the stuff the more I am believing John Bedini is correct in saying that it is imperative to match the circuit to the cell. Too much stress on the cell will shorten its usefulness.

@ Ib
                              I hope your hypothesis on the galvanics is true. Now to prove this is true beyond a doubt. Any good ideas on how to test?

@ quantumuppercut
                              I toyed with Walter Lovell’s Monothermal cells a while back, and in reflection, I overlooked what was happening. These cells were very productive while they lasted. I used Mg and Cu for the plates, but sandwiched two layers of material in between. Glue with Carbon and Glue with Chlorine (tablets for swimming pools). What I found out was the consumption occurred on the chlorine. Same thing when I used glue and lawn fertilizer. The fertilizer was consumed. When I disassembled the cells, the electrodes were pristine – bright and shiny as the day the cells were made. I did not try same metal electrodes. I hope this helps you in your experiment.

@jehdds
                              I am really interested to see how your crystal growing goes. I did pretty well with aluminum and copper electrodes, but could not grow crystals using Mg. The electrodes bubbled the entire time they were submerged in the solution and would not grow crystals for me.

Brad S

One way to help prove it is take some water and dope it with salt substitute and Epsom salt and drop only a magnesium ribbon into the water. Wait a couple weeks and see what happens to the metal when in a wet electrolyte.

This could be done with other things too. take the same water with the same doping and place a very thin sheet of aluminum foil in the water, just aluminum foil and no other metals. I've also done this before with regular store bought "distilled water" and watch as the aluminum foil over days got holes in it due to it dissolving. Since you're only using one metal by itself in the water you have no galvanic reaction so you conclude that its the water that corrodes (dissolve) metals.

---------------------------------------------------------

A side note if you do the aluminum foil in water, I found back when I worked on this idea something very interesting. When I folded the aluminum foil many times and placed it in the water and left it to sit the folds of the aluminum would expand with air. Never really understood why, could be due to the aluminum breaking down to its simpler element which was a gas.
                              All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

• GUYS,
                                Here is a compilation of the pile cell.
                                Fluid Electrolyte is essential. In the sealed cells, it may act as a cyclic source.
                                The open pile cell upon desiccation loses voltage but not current.
                                It will be a test in a few days and upon multiple drying cycles and rehydration if the Mg is being consumed. I anticipate such in the open environment.
                                Closed cell, perhaps not.
                                Very Best Regards,
                                Jim
                                Zn02 Pile CELL Update .mov - YouTube

Comment

Working...
                                X