Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chuck,
    Great work.
    What mA are you getting from each individual cell and do you see series additive current like I am seeing?
    I believe the length of time the cells produce steady state is related to electrolyte MASS/VOLUME.
    Output intensity in voltage and current seems less affected.
    Do your tests concur?
    Bravo again,
    Very Best Regards,
    Jim

Comment

• I wanna try!

Originally posted by chuck H View Post
      Here is a video showing a carbonate crystal cell with really good and steady output. These have been going strong for a couple of months now. The mix is propriatary. so I cant divulge it at this point.

MVI_3330.AVI - YouTube
      @Chuck and John:
      Very impressive preview and thank you for the sharing. It appears that you have these cells in series to up the voltage output. From this configuration are we to assume that each cell is generating over 30ma. I am also guessing that the LED’s are in series as well? When you indicate that this is proprietary, are you using a mix given to you from someone else, or you just don’t wish to share? I hope this is something we will one day be able to replicate and that you will disclose the information required to do so.
      With utmost respect,
      Brad S

Comment

• Cell Current

Jim,
        I cant say much about the mixture as I'm still in the testing stage. The current of these cells is around 150 Ma each cell.
        John B
        John Bedini
        www.johnbedini.net

Comment

• Originally posted by chuck H View Post
          Here is a video showing a carbonate crystal cell with really good and steady output. These have been going strong for a couple of months now. The mix is propriatary. so I cant divulge it at this point.

MVI_3330.AVI - YouTube

Its a Sodium carbonate cell isn't it?
          All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

• Originally posted by John_Bedini View Post
            Jim,
            I cant say much about the mixture as I'm still in the testing stage. The current of these cells is around 150 Ma each cell.
            John B
            John,
            No worries about the mix.
            All with time. Are you seeing additive current with the cells in series?
            Within the canister and in-between the canister?
            Thank you sir,
            Very best regards,
            Jim

Comment

• From the Wiki:

"Sodium carbonate (also known as washing soda or soda ash), Na2CO3 is a sodium salt of carbonic acid. It most commonly occurs as a crystalline heptahydrate, which readily effloresces to form a white powder, the monohydrate. Sodium carbonate is domestically well-known for its everyday use as a water softener. It can be extracted from the ashes of many plants. It is synthetically produced in large quantities from salt and limestone in a process known as the Solvay process."

Ahhh, heptahydrates. OK, finally getting it !

Ashes of plants is interesting, plus back to rocks perhaps with limestone.

*Edit* wait a minute, that was exactly the process that used to be going on at our local ICI plant back in Northwich, Cheshire.
              ICI Winnington had huge raised up lake beds of the stuff, looked like flat topped hills and were called the Lime Beds.
              Nearby Nantwich has been mined for salt since Roman times.
              The fumes were like a fog above them. Often thought it would make a good setting for a Doctor Who episode

Here ya go: Winnington - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
              Well fancy that eh
              Plus, it's where Polythene was 'invented', when an experiment went wrong.
              Last edited by Slider2732; 10-25-2011, 10:58 PM.

Comment

• John:
                Is that a cell that has been cut in half (in front), and are those copper plates inside of the cutout of Mg cylinders that you made on the lathe?
                Really good new about each cell having 150 mA. You're the man... thanks for sharing.
                NZ

Comment

• Questions

b rads: Cells in series. LEDs in parallel with 10 ohm resistor.

jehdds: Current appears to be additive to a point.

nick z: No not cut in half just milled that way on lathe. Yes copper as I stated in video.

Comment

• A quick way to get Sodium carbonate is from tooth paste. Getting it from tooth paste is not the best way to obtain Sodium carbonate but it does get your feet wet.
                    All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

• Originally posted by chuck H View Post
                      b rads: Cells in series. LEDs in parallel with 10 ohm resistor.

jehdds: Current appears to be additive to a point.

nick z: No not cut in half just milled that way on lathe. Yes copper as I stated in video.
                      Chuck/John,
                      Thank you so much. I just wanted to make sure what I am seeing is not anomalous. Your video is amazing on many levels. Thank you for this gift.
                      I hope to find the limit to the additive current, for grins. Is the additive nature for the current VOLTAGE delimited, or more related to electrode material choice?

Very Very fine work guys.
                      Very Best Regards,
                      Jim

Comment

• Originally posted by ibpointless2 View Post
                        A quick way to get Sodium carbonate is from tooth paste. Getting it from tooth paste is not the best way to obtain Sodium carbonate but it does get your feet wet.
                        Just got back from the grocery Arm and Hammer All natural SUPER Washing Soda! 3lb box. 3 bucks.

FYI.

maybe some fun with chalk and this...... huuuum

Comment

• I never had any luck with sodium carbonate or baking soda type cells before. So this is got me thinking John Bedini must be using something more than Sodium carbonate or baking soda? Maybe some Potassium carbonate or some type of potassium? Or even Epsom salts? This is just all speculations.

One thing does worry me about the design. Its a cup like cells and the problem with these is that they easily trap water, where the top dries first and the inner can't dry due to top being dry. But I don't know the design and how they make it so my worries could be for nothing.

Comment

• Ib:
                            I tried toothpaste and paper towel as the electrolyte on my 4 inch square brass/galvanized iron plate cells (pictured), and in no time the zinc was eaten up, and even the brass was a bit oxidized. Toothpaste is pretty caustic stuff. I hope its ok for the teeth.
                            Bleach also works as an electrolyte, some say that it works better than salt, but I didn't think much of it. I tried in on my Lasersaber type cell using the water filter element (carbon/aluminum wire). The aluminum wire does seam to last quite a while, but the output is not that impressive, as I get more from my capacitor can cells.
                            My table salt version of your glue cell is still going, I lost tract of how many months its been.

Jim: I tried wood carbon mixed with ground sea shells (calcium carbonate) but did not get good results. As the mix was too dry to conduct well, as I also added a some dry concrete mix. I may try the sidewalk chalk that I have, but I read that it may not be calcium carbonate, but that it now is made with or contains gypsum instead. I may try ground coral instead, next.
                            One of these days I may hit on the magic mix.

John and Chuck: Thanks again for the info on the Mg/Cu cells, very inspiring...
                            I was about to throw the towel in, with the tiny current levels that we are all getting. Your video gives us hope, again.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Heptahydrates

editAt All,
                              Remember that I'm using Magnesium and can not have any Galvanic Action, it's a no no. Toothpaste(Sodium Hydroxide) is not the same thing and the mixture is much different then straight Sodium Carbonate. This is a Hydrate mixture and this cell is using Carbon dioxide for fuel from the break down of the water inside the crystal. These cells use that hole you see for water intake this is why I gave the hint about Heptahydrates . The electrodes must be multiple metal bonded semiconductors. I figure your all on your own thing here and do not have time to listen to me, so I kept going on my experiments.
                              And again I'm not talking about Epsom Salts....

The cell that is cut in Half is patterned after a Emitter junction to a power semiconductor on a much bigger level. The reason I said Heptahydrates is because they lock up water, as soon as it is used up to form Carbon Dioxide then the cell remains for two to three days at full power output. The holes you see are for feeder tubes for water and not much. The Hydrates reverses the Ion flow so no galvanic action occurs and the process starts all over again. Magnesium is Sodium Carbonate in a crude form. The cells have been under rated at 150 Ma more like 250 Ma under short circuit. The cells gain power under load the four Leds at 3.2 volts @ 20Ma each are all in parallel, we could add more but we just need to finish the testing. As chuck said these have been going for months now under extreme conditions, water is the fuel and the hydrogen is converted to CO2.

Don't jump to conclusions here Chuck and I will explain it in much better detail in a better Youtube, and Yes Ibpointlass ( should have been B Rads) I know what your doing also with your mixture so you do not need to give your secrete mix away. You just need to explain where the energy comes from.

To make this cell requires some real chemistry and machining . Also how many did the experiment with the Salt Substitute on Lasersabers battery to see what happened ? The chloride is very important but you do not need the glue at all, as it just adds water for the Heptahedra mix.
                              John B
                              Last edited by John_Bedini; 10-26-2011, 03:24 AM. Reason: edit
                              John Bedini
                              www.johnbedini.net

Comment

• Originally posted by John_Bedini View Post
                                At All,
                                Remember that I'm using Magnesium and can not have any Galvanic Action, it's a no no. Toothpaste(Sodium Hydroxide) is not the same thing and the mixture is much different then straight Sodium Carbonate. This is a Hydrate mixture and this cell is using Carbon dioxide for fuel from the break down of the water inside the crystal. These cells use that hole you see for water intake this is why I gave the hint about Heptahydrates . The electrodes must be multiple metal bonded semiconductors. I figure your all on your own thing here and do not have time to listen to me, so I kept going on my experiments.
                                And again I'm not talking about Epsom Salts....

The cell that is cut in Half is patterned after a Emitter junction to a power semiconductor on a much bigger level. The reason I said Heptahydrates is because they lock up water, as soon as it is used to up to form Carbon Dioxide then the cell remains for two to three days at full power output. The holes you see are for feeder tubes for water and not much. The Hydrates reverses the Ion flow so no galvanic action occurs and the process starts all over again. Magnesium is Sodium Carbonate in a crude form. The cells have been under rated at 150 Ma more like 250 Ma under short circuit. The cells gain power under load the four Leds at 3.2 volts @ 20Ma each are all in parallel, we could add more but we just need to finish the testing. As chuck said these have been going for months now under extreme conditions, water is the fuel and the hydrogen is converted to CO2.

Don't jump to conclusions here Chuck and I will explain it in much better detail in a better Youtube, and Yes Ibpointlass I know what your doing also with your mixture so you do not need to give your secrete mix away. You just need to explain where the energy comes from.

To make this cell requires some real chemistry and machining . Also how many did the experiment with the Salt Substitute on Lasersabers battery to see what happened ? The chloride is very important but you do not need the glue at all, as it just adds water for the Heptahedra mix.
                                John B
                                John,
                                Thank you so much for all of this. I too see the need for occasional MICROSCOPIC amounts of water to regenerate. I have been making mini cells that are designed to dry out fast to see moisture effects.
                                What is your honest opinion of the cells I have shown and the mix.
                                I sincerely appreciate your candor. I made a cell last night that is less than 1cm and uses a mg/ .7mm carbon pencil led as the cathode.
                                It makes 9.5-10mA and 2.5V.
                                You can dry it, add one TINY drop and bingo back to max.
                                All thoughts welcome.

Very Best Regards, and again bravo on your work and results.
                                We keep on the path.
                                All with time and experiments.
                                Great job guys all of you.
                                Jim

Comment

Working...
                                X