No announcement yet.

Bedini Earth Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Although the link below is of some basic salt water cells or batteries, there is some information that can apply to what we are going. It also mentions the one similar metal type electrodes, as well as the notes at the bottom about the carbon rods verses the graphite rods.
    The Creative Science Centre - by Dr Jonathan P. Hare

Comment

• Originally posted by NickZ View Post
      My feelings are that there is a charge in the air that is causing the field effect that we are noticing, and also contributing to the non galvanic effect.
      It is something that I'm seeing, and not necessarily reading about.
      Just how high that voltage with no current (hardly), can go up to, may not really be known. Because what it is, or how to reading it accurately, may also be something else. But, it has nothing to do with sacrificial cathodes or anodes.
      I also have a regular capacitor that will maintain about a half volt permanent output, when using the caps can as the negative, but again with no current. I can imagine a pcb full of those type of caps all placed in series powering a load, like as a series of leds which can also produce some voltage on their own.
      I think this charge is like static electricity, and how high it can get probably depends on several factors like the type of electrodes, and electrolyte that is used in the cell. So, to develop that type of cell, again is something else, and maybe it will not have any current levels to it, just potential.

NickZ
      How did you come to state .6V for carbon carbon?
      Are these guesses or is there data somewhere to allow for what we "should" see if identical electrodes?
      IB stated it should be no more than 200mV
      Are we guessing or is this data to be found somewhere?
      Jim

Comment

• Dielectric

@All
        Since the thread has turned towards "same material" electrodes I started looking into that more to see if maybe one COULD make a power producing cell that way. This is what Jim may have come up with using two identical carbon electrodes. The first clue was this MIT video that Patrick posted on another thread showing a capacitor where a high voltage charge was held on the surface of a glass beaker instead of the two copper rings:

MIT Physics Demo -- Dissectible Capacitor - YouTube

This was news to me because I always thought that in a capacitor the charge was builtup and held on the plates of a capacitor. Now I am wondering if some of our "crystal" cells are working like that glass beaker. Maybe the energy (that comes from somewhere) is built up in the crystalline structure and NOT just a reaction between two dissimilar metals.

I pulled up "Dielectric" on wikipedia and it offered more clues:

Dielectric - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This might be a good direction that this facinating thread has headed.

Lidmotor

PS---Here is another article about using carbon in a high temperature fuel cell design. The carbon reacts with the O2 in the air and turns into Co2 but makes electricity in the process by releasing electrons. This kinda reminded me of John B's carbonate cell because he said that it used up water but the metal electrodes were not attacked.

Carbon Black Electricity
        Last edited by Lidmotor; 12-22-2011, 11:05 PM.

Comment

• Jehggs:
          The 0.6 volts is what I got today, on two carbon rods with damp paper towel as the electrolyte. And even higher on just one single carbon electrode using the same paper electrolyte, O.92 volts.
          I have gotten similar voltages in the past, but I don't recall all the values well enough to say now. But normally in the area on 0.3 to 0.6 volts, for some of the same electrode type of test. Those values or readings can also indicate the relative voltages of non galvanic environmental source inputs.

As far as there being other sources of that information, especially concerning outputs tests done with carbon/carbon. No, I've not seen that in particular. There may be some info on that on the internet, but you may have to look for it.

What I'm working on is not about a chemical reaction, but an Aether to usable electricity conversion process, with carbon being one of the most useful elements, as it also offers the biggest surface area of all, and does not oxidize.
          You might want to try two different sizes of the same carbon electrodes, in order to see if there is any higher voltage outputs. Or even two different types of carbons, for the two electrodes.
          NickZ

Comment

• Originally posted by NickZ View Post
            Jehggs:
            The 0.6 volts is what I got today, on two carbon rods with damp paper towel as the electrolyte. And even higher on just one single carbon electrode using the same paper electrolyte, O.92 volts.
            I have gotten similar voltages in the past, but I don't recall all the values well enough to say now. But normally in the area on 0.3 to 0.6 volts, for some of the same electrode type of test. Those values or readings can also indicate the relative voltages of non galvanic environmental source inputs.

As far as there being other sources of that information, especially concerning outputs tests done with carbon/carbon. No, I've not seen that in particular. There may be some info on that on the internet, but you may have to look for it.

What I'm working on is not about a chemical reaction, but an Aether to usable electricity conversion process, with carbon being one of the most useful elements, as it also offers the biggest surface area of all, and does not oxidize.
            You might want to try two different sizes of the same carbon electrodes, in order to see if there is any higher voltage outputs. Or even two different types of carbons, for the two electrodes.
            NickZ
            NickZ,
            We seek the same, and I will try differentials in surface area to be sure.
            Thank you and Lidmotor thanks for the links! All interesting to be sure.
            Very Best Regards,
            Jim

Comment

• Lidmotor:
              Thank you for the links and opinions.
              I have been thinking of using a Leyden Jar type of capacitor to absorb and build up the output provided by the cells. Maybe that is right about the glass separator being the holding tank for the charges, and not the metals or carbon electrodes. I've seen a similar video about that, but was not aware that the glass separator was what was holding the charge, and had thought that it was the metals taking the charge instead. I didn't know that glass has that capacity. Thanks for bringing that up.
              I don't use a separate electrolyte, like salts, acids, alkalines, or water, only dry raw carbon powder and the aluminum capacitor cans. Although the use of carbon rods as an extra positive center electrode does help raise the voltage potential, but is optional.
              The prospect of additional elements being mixed in to dope the carbon powder is interesting. Jim is going all out with the electrolyte mixes on his same electrodes carbon cells tests. Great going, Jim...

Comment

• Originally posted by xee2 View Post
                @ Lidmotor

Using a rod inside will probably not work as well. The current is a function of the contact area between the battery plates. I think a rod inside would produce a smaller area than the ribbon on the outside. However, the rod should last longer than the ribbon.
                If you own a car, you drive at night. It's a simple fact. Headlights are one of the most essential car light bulbs on the market. Even if your car is primarily a tool to get you from work or school and back, headlights must always be in top working order.
                Last edited by Malinany; 04-23-2014, 03:42 AM.

Comment

• Crystals grown in gel

@all

Came across a couple of interesting links...
                  The first one is in regards to growing different types of crystals, which i "stumbled" upon while researching Sodium Carbonate and different methods of producing it. The first page has some interesting links...
                  Here goes,
                  Dom's crystal growing page

The other link i found was actually on this page...the author of the page recommended some reading...one of those reads is a book called Crystal Growth in Gels, by Heinz Henisch. There is a link to google books with a relatively brief intro to the book, roughly the first 30 pages or so...here that is.

Crystal Growth in Gels - Heinz K. Henisch - Google Books

figured yall might enjoy these...especially you IB. Hope yall find some leads.
                  Shoots! Aloha

Comment

• P.S.

By the way....suggested gel materials for use were given...Salicic acid gels, gelatin (mmmmm...jello), agar, and my personal favorite, fruit jams and jelly...bon appetite

aloha again
                    many blessings

Comment

• John Bedini,

Is your two DVD's about the crystal batteries worth the price? I've been here on the this thread for awhile and was wondering dropping $60 on two DVD was worth it for me. Is there anything discussed in those DVD that was not mention here? What was discussed in the DVD's? Will a YouTube Preview of the DVD's be available soon?
                      All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

• I have purchased the latest "energy from the vacuum DVD" that talks about the crystal cell lecture. I'm just waiting for it to arrive, its now in the hands of the postal service. I often wondered why these DVD's were never available to download instead of purchase? Peter linderman does this with his DVD's and I find this a better way because I get very impatient.

I'm hoping some new information will be on the DVD, but the biggest reason for buying it was that Bedini goes over in detail how he makes LED oscillators.

Has anyone bought the DVD yet?

I've been floating back to the post in this thread and I wonder what happen to the Solid state crystal battery? Solid State Crystal Batteries In Series 2 - YouTube

My big blue crystal glue cell that powers the LCD clock is still running great, its been going since October non-stop. I have it sitting for a month in a vacuum sealed container and it just keeps on going.
                        All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

• Ib2 and All:
                          I was also very interested in that solid state type of cell, as it looked like it had very good potential (not a pun), and could be stacked to obtain any needed voltage, and even additional pressure could be applied to it also, to help if needed.
                          The JB type of oscillator is also of interest to me now, as it seams that many of the ones I've made (Jtc, or Hartley oscillators), don't work very well with these low mA type of cells. As most closed system oscillators get their output voltage hike by using the available current. Which is not much in my dry cells.
                          I hope that we do find some more of the needed information to make a real usable cell this next coming year.
                          Happy New Year,
                          Nick

Comment

• I made some improvements to the Penny Oscillator that Lidmotor made and I have it running my 5 foot Crystal Cell. Here is the video of it Super Penny Blocking Oscillator Running off of 5 foot crystal cell - YouTube

It went from using about 70uA of power down to 14uA and it now gives more light too! This is done by adding a ground plate and placing a square magnet in the right place, and it makes we wonder if other oscillators can be improved by doing it this way?

Comment

• Originally posted by ibpointless2 View Post
                              I made some improvements to the Penny Oscillator that Lidmotor made and I have it running my 5 foot Crystal Cell. Here is the video of it Super Penny Blocking Oscillator Running off of 5 foot crystal cell - YouTube

It went from using about 70uA of power down to 14uA and it now gives more light too! This is done by adding a ground plate and placing a square magnet in the right place, and it makes we wonder if other oscillators can be improved by doing it this way?
                              Hi,

Looks cool.

I redrew your schematic and posted it on Let's Replicate:
                              Super Penny Blocking Oscillator – ibpointless2

You "ground plate" would be classified as an antenna, even if it is picking up the Earth ground.

Comment

• Originally posted by LetsReplicate View Post
                                Hi,

Looks cool.

I redrew your schematic and posted it on Let's Replicate:
                                Super Penny Blocking Oscillator – ibpointless2

You "ground plate" would be classified as an antenna, even if it is picking up the Earth ground.
                                IB,
                                Do you have a large coil of wire or co-axial cable that would at least match the MASS of the aluminum block?
                                How large in dimensions and mass is it?
                                Great work.
                                Very Best Regards,
                                Jim

Comment

Working...
                                X