• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jehdds View Post
    IB,
    Was that liquid Sodium silicate?
    Thanks for the update.
    Jim
    Yes it was a liquid Sodium silicate with Epsom salt added to it, turned it into a paste and then I heated it till it stop bubbling and then inserted magnesium electrode.
    All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

• Originally posted by ibpointless2 View Post
      I just combined Sodium Silicate and Epsom salt into one mix, cooked it till it stop bubbling and stuck my electrodes in. After letting the cell cool for 15 minutes I getting a whooping 1.662v @ 5.50mA!

Combining Sodium silicate and Epsom salt together makes a new material that looks and feels like my crystal glue cells. Timing did seem important, too much and the cell was useless and too little and the cell was hard to work with. I think i should have cooked it for a little longer though, but it being my first one I consider it good enough. I'll have a picture below to show you what it looks like.

[ATTACH]10102[/ATTACH]
      if you add carbon it will improve tremendously. You will get around 1.7v and above 10ma. The epson salts will suck water from the air though as time passes.

Fausto.

Comment

• Originally posted by plengo View Post
        if you add carbon it will improve tremendously. You will get around 1.7v and above 10ma. The epson salts will suck water from the air though as time passes.

Fausto.
        yeah i was think the same thing about the Epsom salt will absorb water from the air but something else is happening. The cell keeps loosing power. If the cell was using water as the median than the amps would stay the same or go up. So if the Epsom salt was absorbing water from the air than the cell would still be holding its amps or going up in amps but its not. Since the cell is going down in power then I would assume its loosing its water content. The cell is still above 1.5 volts @ ~3mA.

You also must keep in mind that when I combine the Epsom salt with the sodium silicate it became some very different now. Its a magnesium-silicate-sulfate compound now.
        All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

• It has mimicked a rock

Ibpointless,
          What do think the compound is? to get magnesium silicate you would need to cook this over time dissolving the magnesium grains and it would start the reaction all by itself.
          After you have that compound you can re-melt it with the Epsom Salts by adding a little water to form a Magnesium Hydrate and then fill the cell.
          You need to find out what you have made, if you look at it under a microscope you will see just what material it is. It has mimicked a rock that is mined and used everywhere. I'm not going to say what it is at this time as I want to see if the group can tell me what it is.
          John B
          Last edited by John_Bedini; 01-22-2012, 01:04 AM. Reason: spelling
          John Bedini
          www.johnbedini.net

Comment

• Originally posted by John_Bedini View Post
            Ibpointless,
            What do think the compound is? to get magnesium silicate you would need to cook this over time dissolving the magnesium grains and it would start the reaction all by itself.
            After you have that compound you can re-melt it with the Epsom Salts by adding a little water to form a Magnesium Hydrate and the fill the cell.
            You need to find out what you have made, if you look at it under a microscope you will see just what material it is. It has mimicked a rock that is mined and used everywhere. I'm not going to say what it is at this time as I want to see if the group can tell me what it is.
            John B
            Alex,
            I'll take building materials for 1000.....
            What is gypsum?

Jim

Comment

• Series and parallel

@ jehdds and all:
              Yes impedance is the issue in series. In parallel the current is additive in the sealed cells. The lamp in my last post has a cell that John built in one box that is actually 2 cells in 1 unit in parallel. The oscillator circuit makes up the voltage. If you series/ parallel 4 cells then you will get the voltage and current. The new sealed cells are at 2 volts and under the load of the oscillator they hold .92 volts.

@ all: Sorry if i don't get to every question and answer it.

Comment

• Gypsum/Selenite

@ jehdds and all:

No. It is not Gypsum/ Selenite
                Last edited by chuck H; 01-22-2012, 01:59 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by chuck H View Post
                  @ jehdds and all:

No. It is not Gypsum/ Selenite
                  Rats...
                  Back to wheel of fortune....

Any other hints?
                  Jim

Comment

• How bout limestone.
                    Jim

Comment

• Post 2469

@ jehdds and all:
                      No

Comment

• Post 2486

@ jehdds and all:
                        No

Comment

• Originally posted by ibpointless2 View Post
                          yeah i was think the same thing about the Epsom salt will absorb water from the air but something else is happening. The cell keeps loosing power. If the cell was using water as the median than the amps would stay the same or go up. So if the Epsom salt was absorbing water from the air than the cell would still be holding its amps or going up in amps but its not. Since the cell is going down in power then I would assume its loosing its water content. The cell is still above 1.5 volts @ ~3mA.

You also must keep in mind that when I combine the Epsom salt with the sodium silicate it became some very different now. Its a magnesium-silicate-sulfate compound now.
                          if you put that cell inside a bottle (like I did on my videos) you will see the water condensation on the walls of the bottle which means that indeed you have absorption of water by the cell and evaporation all at the same time.

You will also notice something very strange if you use a LED. The water will condensate AROUND the area where the LED is shinning. Very strange!!!

THat's why I am testing cells inside the plastic bottle. They all stand much longer in time running. That does not mean the Mg is not consume though.

Fausto.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by plengo; 01-22-2012, 01:39 AM.

Comment

• Run time

Originally posted by plengo View Post
                            if you put that cell inside a bottle (like I did on my videos) you will see the water condensation on the walls of the bottle which means that indeed you have absorption of water by the cell and evaporation all at the same time.

You will also notice something very strange if you use a LED. The water will condensate AROUND the area where the LED is shinning. Very strange!!!

THat's why I am testing cells inside the plastic bottle. They all stand much longer in time running. That does not mean the Mg is not consume though.

Fausto.

@ plengo and all:

Very good!

Comment

• Chuck,
                              Ok,
                              Bottom of the 9th,
                              Two up and two down.
                              Will this be the end of the inning?
                              The pitch....
                              Dolomite...........

Comment

• John B or Chuck H, is it calcium carbonate?

Comment

Working...
                                X