No announcement yet.

Bedini Earth Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had a few people ask me to show them the amps on a cell that has the petroleum jelly on the magnesium electrode and here is that video. Showing Amps on cell with petroleum jelly on the Magnesium - YouTube

I'm using water that contains Epsom salt and salt substitute, both salts are very corrosive when combined with water and that's why i try to avoid water when it came to making the glue cells. I use Magnesium Ribbon because it will corrode faster than any form of magnesium but so far its not corroding and the control cells are showing corrosion. The control cells are corroding and the jelly on magnesium cell is not corroding so it looks good so far. I'm getting under 1mA which is ok.

My idea is since petroleum jelly rejects water away it does so by pushing the oxygen molecule in water away and in doing so the oxygen doesn't react with the magnesium to form magnesium oxide which is not conductive and breaks apart. Magnesium corrodes into magnesium oxide which is not conductive and is a powder, the reason why magnesium breaks apart is due to it becoming magnesium oxide which is a powder. Jbigness5 has made a good point, it could be the oxygen that corrodes the metal and since water contains the oxygen than the electrodes are corroding away. Combine water with the oxygen in the air and you get a good bit more corrosion. On some corrosion testing i've done on magnesium it would corrode first at where the water meets the air, so water and oxygen or mostly oxygen is a bad cookie.
    All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

• Iron Pyrite

For kicks last night I placed some Iron Pyrite in a bowl of water and measured the votage and current to see what would happen. Here's a video:

Energy from Iron Pyrite - YouTube

I couldn't get much out of two pieces of Iron Pyrite, but I had great results with one Iron Pyrite rock, some copper coated welding rod and just filtered rain water.

The other interesting thing was that after about an hour the colour of the water changed to resemble the colour of the Iron Pyrite. At this time I measured >700mV and >200uA. I'm going to try to run John B's oscillator on it tonight.

I'd post a photo but have run out of space here.

Now I just have to add the bleach

John K.
      http://teslagenx.com

Comment

• Originally posted by prato_braun View Post
        Thanks for the quick answer so we could use a normal oven to reach this temperature but i guess it wouldn'T be too healthy to bake cake in it again afterwards or am I wrong?

It's really amazing to see you guys pushing things further every damn week and I just wish I had more time for replicating and testing right now.
        Can't get back to that for some weeks and the last thing we did was a stove top. Thanks to IB again, with your video we got it right after 8 failed tries.
        I know it lacks in amps but we had the chemicals and I won't learn just by reading

Everybody keep it up this stuff rocks. Has anyone build the "cheap'n'easy" joule ringer and tried to run it from a single stove top?
        Cause we just have fun so far but getting light out of it would be awesome

Cheers,

Prato
        Glad to hear you got it working!
        All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

• @John_K...Photobucket.com are still going fine and are reliable. I've never run out of bandwidth or storage space with them for the last 6 years.

@IB2....I took your petroleum jelly method and ran with it.
          But, with galvanized steel.
          Got a long runner here of plain water in a pills bottle, with untreated copper and galvanized steel electrodes. It's been running an LED oscillator since November (Nephilim Penny with her big pancake coils) and has only had a clean of the steel a couple of weeks ago. A rust/white residue forms on the steel, on the couple of these that i've made and did so on this one. Quick Dremmel to remove the sludge stuff and off we go again, same water throughout.
          So I cleaned up the steel again with the Dremmel just now and put Vaseline on it.
          Connected all together again and nothing happened.
          I waited for 2 minutes, wondering about whether to replace the steel piece when, suddenly, flash flash flash it started up !
          So, my question is - do you think the ions need to form pathways through the jelly and once they do, ion movement returns ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Slider2732 View Post
            @John_K...Photobucket.com are still going fine and are reliable. I've never run out of bandwidth or storage space with them for the last 6 years.

@IB2....I took your petroleum jelly method and ran with it.
            But, with galvanized steel.
            Got a long runner here of plain water in a pills bottle, with untreated copper and galvanized steel electrodes. It's been running an LED oscillator since November (Nephilim Penny with her big pancake coils) and has only had a clean of the steel a couple of weeks ago. A rust/white residue forms on the steel, on the couple of these that i've made and did so on this one. Quick Dremmel to remove the sludge stuff and off we go again, same water throughout.
            So I cleaned up the steel again with the Dremmel just now and put Vaseline on it.
            Connected all together again and nothing happened.
            I waited for 2 minutes, wondering about whether to replace the steel piece when, suddenly, flash flash flash it started up !
            So, my question is - do you think the ions need to form pathways through the jelly and once they do, ion movement returns ?
            This is odd, I get instant response. I don't know if vaseline is the same as the 100% pure petroleum jelly as I use which is just the Walmart brand. Could it be the galvanized steel that you use? do you get a instant response when you hook it up to a volt meter? Are you using just plain tap water? I used Epsom salt and salt substitute water to get more power. This is interesting.

Comment

• Intro & Questions - Alum + Water MgCu Cells

Hi everyone, I'm Kyle. Me and my friends have been experimenting with these crystal cells for the last 2 months now, and we want more info to help us along in getting this stuff out to the world. You all proabably want me to share my findings too, which I can do at the permission of my partners.

@JohnBedini Your YouTube Vids at the Energenx Channel have been a backbone for our research. Thankyou for posting them!
              I have a few questions for you, and for anyone else who knows the answer also.
              We want to start experimenting with the Alum + Water Cells, but before we do, we need more info.

1. Is it Galvonic? (or is that still TBD?)
              2. Does the water evaporate? If so, is it Water Vapor, or Brown's Gas?
              3. Is there anything else that I need to know about Alum + Water Cells?
              - Kyle Herbig

Comment

• Originally posted by John_K View Post
                For kicks last night I placed some Iron Pyrite in a bowl of water and measured the votage and current to see what would happen. Here's a video:

Energy from Iron Pyrite - YouTube

I couldn't get much out of two pieces of Iron Pyrite, but I had great results with one Iron Pyrite rock, some copper coated welding rod and just filtered rain water.

The other interesting thing was that after about an hour the colour of the water changed to resemble the colour of the Iron Pyrite. At this time I measured >700mV and >200uA. I'm going to try to run John B's oscillator on it tonight.

I'd post a photo but have run out of space here.

Now I just have to add the bleach

John K.
                John K,
                If I might make an suggestion, When those Two guys showed up this is what they said to do, Take the two pieces of Iron Pyrite and place them in this dish add water so the clip leads do not touch the water. So you have a shallow dish with a water bridge between them then measure again, you might have to move the rocks around. The motor was connected between the two pieces of pyrite. I tried to look for the motor they gave me but it's to cold in that outbuilding for me right now. I was going to give you the specifications of it. I'm also looking for the old VHS tape of the shack I had gone to visit. With any luck it will get a little warmer. Remember I said I thought that the iron pyrite was emitting sulfuric acid, was my thinking at the time. This has been almost 31 years ago so the details are faint but I never forgot what happened.
                John B
                John Bedini
                www.johnbedini.net

Comment

• the chicken and the egg

Chuck,
                  The experiment will work, you know the chicken and the egg, I found the strips of magnesium tonight. but I'm looking for that little motor. But I did find the opal they gave me, I wonder if they mixed that with the plate material they made. as I said it's faint after 31 years. It's quite a good size about 5 inches in diameter.
                  John
                  John Bedini
                  www.johnbedini.net

Comment

• Herbie,

Alum is pretty corrosive, most of the guys here are using a mix of epsom salts and Rochelle salts, read the past threads as much as you can, its a long read, but its sure worth it, also check for bedini's latest videos and Plengo's, he has good stuff too

Energenx's Channel - YouTube

Crystal Cell 19a - YouTube

cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by cgalvisardila View Post
                      Herbie,

Alum is pretty corrosive, most of the guys here are using a mix of epsom salts and Rochelle salts, read the past threads as much as you can, its a long read, but its sure worth it, also check for bedini's latest videos and Plengo's, he has good stuff too

Energenx's Channel - YouTube

Crystal Cell 19a - YouTube

cheers
                      Thanks cgalvisardila. We have been experimenting with Rochelle Salt + Epsom Salt Cells since we started, though we are investigating into other kinds of cells that are developing. I will go through all of the past posts the next time I get a big chunk of time.
                      Also, I did a quick google search on Alum a few weeks back, and apparently there are multiple chemicals that are alum, but the most common is Potassium Aluminium Sulfate. The one you used was corrosive, but are the others also?
                      I saw John Bedini's video on his kit that uses Alum. John, what's your take on this?
                      - Kyle Herbig

Comment

• Alum

Originally posted by Herbie687 View Post
                        Hi everyone, I'm Kyle. Me and my friends have been experimenting with these crystal cells for the last 2 months now, and we want more info to help us along in getting this stuff out to the world. You all proabably want me to share my findings too, which I can do at the permission of my partners.

@JohnBedini Your YouTube Vids at the Energenx Channel have been a backbone for our research. Thankyou for posting them!
                        I have a few questions for you, and for anyone else who knows the answer also.
                        We want to start experimenting with the Alum + Water Cells, but before we do, we need more info.

1. Is it Galvonic? (or is that still TBD?)
                        2. Does the water evaporate? If so, is it Water Vapor, or Brown's Gas?
                        3. Is there anything else that I need to know about Alum + Water Cells?
                        Herbie687.
                        I guess we will start with the first one, That is a question that has two answers as my Alum cells are still working after 1 year. Nothing has rotted away so yes and no. I think Chucks are still running everyday under load. The Alum crystal just keep growing.
                        Gas, is not Browns gas but gas yes. The water will evaporate.
                        I think you know everything we know as you can flip through the posts here.
                        Others here may have a different opinion so you should ask them too.
                        We use food grade alum as safety is a concern.

John
                        Last edited by John_Bedini; 02-22-2012, 05:04 AM. Reason: Adding Information
                        John Bedini
                        www.johnbedini.net

Comment

• Originally posted by John_Bedini View Post
                          Herbie687.
                          I guess we will start with the first one, That is a question that has two answers as my Alum cells are still working after 1 year. Nothing has rotted away so yes and no. I think Chucks are still running everyday under load. The Alum crystal just keep growing.
                          Gas, is not Browns gas but gas yes. The water will evaporate.
                          I think you know everything we know as you can flip through the posts here.
                          Others here may have a different opinion so you should ask them too.
                          We use food grade alum as safety is a concern.

John
                          Thanks John. Will Do.
                          - Kyle Herbig

Comment

• for those that think this can not be done with Alum

@All for those that think this can not be done. As I have done this many times. Just as an example I even dump out the acid in a new battery and change it to Alum, The battery in my Hot Rod is almost 14 years old and it does not corrode anything, so it works.
                            Sepp Hasslberger: How to convert a Lead Acid Battery into an Alkaline Battery
                            John
                            Last edited by John_Bedini; 02-22-2012, 05:20 AM. Reason: Adding Information
                            John Bedini
                            www.johnbedini.net

Comment

• John,

do you think the alum is reacting with the carbon, and that's why it turns corrosive? this is a good point you rise here, i did notice a strong amonia smell on the first day i built a cell with carbon+alum replicating fausto's mix (it actually turned out to be a powerful cell) and a few days later the Mg was almost gone, fausto had the same experience... maybe that was giving the false impression that alum is corrosive, thanks for the article john... every day, new light into the matter

Comment

• magnesium

cgalvisardila.
                                Look I have always used the copper treated and I have also always used very expensive magnesium in my cells My favorite cells are the Alum cells, I did not have any luck with Graphite or Carbon as I did not see what the group did with the power. The graphite has always plugged up and the same for the carbon. These are my findings. The only reason the magnesium is gone is some galvanic action is taking place. Now the only thing different is that I'm running My oscillator circuit which I know returns back to the Alum cell. But I think Fausto has said the same thing in advise he gave someone here about oscillators. The Magnesium if pure should not do that, unless you are using some contaminated water in the mix of which I have found to be true. What Alum are you using as I use the food grade only. I do not agree with Ibpointless about using jelly of any kind as that is not the answer here to this problem. I have not had that happen and we run the cell day and night. The normal rate of Galvanic action is around 1 to 2% in a bad condition but as this happens it changes the mixture and it becomes very caustic to the magnesium and it eats away very fast almost as if you added table salt. so as this takes place you should see good power from the cell and then it will just die.
                                The next thing is how could you smell that if everything was new , did you use a carbon pole from a old carbon zinc battery? If you did you have caused the problem. If you do that then you must clean it and bake it and clean it again. soak over night in hot water rinse the next mooring and do it again until nothing is left.
                                John B
                                Last edited by John_Bedini; 02-22-2012, 06:52 AM. Reason: Adding Information
                                John Bedini
                                www.johnbedini.net

Comment

Working...
                                X