Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clip lead in water

Originally posted by ibpointless2 View Post
    I was able to break the 2 volt barrier today! in-order to break the 2 volt barrier I had to use a rock as one of the electrodes. The picture is below. Can anyone guess what rock that is, its a very common rock.

I used tap water and the positive goes to the rock and the negative goes to the magnesium ribbon.

[ATTACH]10397[/ATTACH]
    Ibpointless2:
    Would you please check the voltage and CURRENT of your last test with the clip lead out of the water. As the clip lead is a metal. Also the rock from your picture is hard to see. Less water would help and keep the lead out. The rock looks to have some Basalt? and Quartz? Not sure where you live so I don't know the rock in your area. Also it looks to have a sediment layer in the middle that is very, very dark as well as porous. A fare test would be to dry your rock and perform the test again. Please post results with this test if you can.

Chuck H

Comment

• Alum conversion for lead acid batteries

In dec 2007 I purchased a new U1P-7 lawn and tractor battery and dumped the acid mix out. I refilled it with a alum solution (McCormick's Ammonium Aluminum Sulfate and distilled water). I charged and discharged it 5 times using 'West Mountain Radio's Computerized Battery Analyzer'. It then sat on a shelf untill sept 2009 when I repeated the tests again. It showed a standing voltage of aprox 11.6volts and the discharge curve continued below where it would if it was a lead acid. I took it off the shelf again and am charging it now to run another round of tests. The pics show charts of the 2007 and 2009 tests.

Mike Klimesh
      Attached Files
      Live to experiment, Experiment to live (+_+)

Comment

• Originally posted by mklimesh View Post
        In dec 2007 I purchased a new U1P-7 lawn and tractor battery and dumped the acid mix out. I refilled it with a alum solution (McCormick's Ammonium Aluminum Sulfate and distilled water). I charged and discharged it 5 times using 'West Mountain Radio's Computerized Battery Analyzer'. It then sat on a shelf untill sept 2009 when I repeated the tests again. It showed a standing voltage of aprox 11.6volts and the discharge curve continued below where it would if it was a lead acid. I took it off the shelf again and am charging it now to run another round of tests. The pics show charts of the 2007 and 2009 tests.

Mike Klimesh
        Mike Klimesh I sent you PM.

Vtech
        'Get it all on record now - get the films - get the witnesses -because somewhere down the road of history some bastard will get up and say that this never happened'

General D.Eisenhower

http://www.nvtronics.org

Comment

• First Post

Hi All,

This is my first post, my name is Alex (AKA Griplets on Youtube). I have been following this thread almost everyday for the last year or so and have decided to weigh in. Have not built anything yet but I will soon... following John's formula.

My first question relates to the "Manganese (III) Oxide (Mn2o3)" in John Bedini's formula; I have noted that a number of people are quoting it as (and possibly also using) Manganese (IV) Dioxide (MnO2). From what I read on Wiki they are quite different and I have been wondering why some people are using the latter?

Fausto & Lidmotor thank you for our videos. John Bedini I hope to meet you one day.

Comment

• IBpointless2, I loved that you went over 2 volts by hooking up to a rock. Have you ever tried hooking up to thorium?

,Shawn

Comment

• Originally posted by chuck H View Post
              Ibpointless2:
              Would you please check the voltage and CURRENT of your last test with the clip lead out of the water. As the clip lead is a metal. Also the rock from your picture is hard to see. Less water would help and keep the lead out. The rock looks to have some Basalt? and Quartz? Not sure where you live so I don't know the rock in your area. Also it looks to have a sediment layer in the middle that is very, very dark as well as porous. A fare test would be to dry your rock and perform the test again. Please post results with this test if you can.

Chuck H
              Hi Chuck thank you for your concern about the clip lead, but their is no way that the metal of the clip lead and magnesium could ever give over 2 volts with using tap water. Before I went to bed i posted a video of me testing the rock with other metals and found that the rock always likes to be positive. Rock electrode makes other electrodes negative - YouTube

I didn't find the rock i bought it from eBay. The person who i bought it from also gave me a free gift which is another rock that is "conductive" too, you probably see it in the video to the right, its a orange-yellow rock. I'll see if i can shoot a video of this again to show that its not the clip lead. Cheers.
              All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

• Originally posted by shawnnweed View Post
                IBpointless2, I loved that you went over 2 volts by hooking up to a rock. Have you ever tried hooking up to thorium?

,Shawn
                Nope never tried it. Its radioactive and is slowly attacked by water, so it won't make a good electrode. But i might try gallium. Thanks.
                All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

• I have 60Hz Transformer circuit on Crystal Cell

NickZ,
                  I have a circuit running, now I have not adjusted it yet, super bright lights and my crystal cells runs these easy. All is you do is use any transformer with the BJT and the base resistor is 1K the capacitor is .01 to 1uf. If you make the capacitor big like 220 uf ( Base +) will blink bright, you can also drive the led's from the 120 volt output. I did one thing different I put the led's across the whole input inductor. I'm going to try different devices next. I used a standard MPS8099 that was laying on my bench for now. but it does work good. The thing that I have noticed right away the MA meter readings are false and can not be depended on. I must go find a current probe around here to see what is going on. I do not know if I believe Robbie's circuit yet as far as the meter readings go. I find some tricks with the circuit that I do not think were explained to those working on this circuit. I will run a video when I'm done. 2N2222 better gain capicator .01uf
                  John B
                  Last edited by John_Bedini; 02-28-2012, 06:54 PM. Reason: Adding information
                  John Bedini
                  www.johnbedini.net

Comment

• The rock crystal that I used to get the two volts and I showed in my latest videos is called Hematite. Hematite - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It is basically iron-oxide, and its mined as the main ore for iron. The reason why I used it as a electrode was that its already been exposed to water and the environment so I don't need to worry about it corroding. You won't find the metals we use in our cells laying around, they're usually rusted or have a oxide layer on them and they must be heated up to remove the oxide layer and that leaves you with the plain metal. Hematite is heated up and the oxygen is removed and your left with iron/steel. Iron will always want to go back to hematite so why not just use hematite, nature's electrode? Hematite will always want to be the positive electrode so that means carbon, copper, and titanium will be the negative electrode and since most of these are corrosion resistant we can have electrodes that will out live us. So now it doesn't matter what crystal solution you use (to a certain degree). There is other ore's out their we can use too!

Here is where i bought my hematite, they gave me a extra gift of some more crystals too. HEMATITE ROUGH ROCKs - 1 LB Lots - Healing - Lapidary | eBay

Comment

• Sounds Good

Originally posted by ibpointless2 View Post
                      The rock crystal that I used to get the two volts and I showed in my latest videos is called Hematite. Hematite - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                      that sounds pretty great man, i would like to see the results of the test that chuck proposed (the probe clip outside the water) also, you don't say anything about current, have you measured it? we all would appreciate it if you did these tests since you have the rock already, let us know and if the result is still as good, ill definitely buy some rocks... for now it sounds pretty promising, thanks IB

carlos

Comment

• Originally posted by ibpointless2 View Post
                        Nope never tried it. Its radioactive and is slowly attacked by water, so it won't make a good electrode. But i might try gallium. Thanks.
                        yeah, I know. But that is exactly the point. Because it is radioactive means that it is quickly decaying(at least in comparison to other elements), which makes it a little dangerous but when an object decays it releases great amounts of energy. And water works with Thorium much the same way as galvanic acid batteries does with metal, if you know what I mean. It's the reason why I asked. But anyway, it was just a theory who knows if you draw great amounts of voltage from it or not, I really don't think anyone has ever tried. Most people when you say the word radioactive duck and cover as if you could hide from it. But Thorium is in almost every rock. We use it x-ray machines, lanterns, cermaic glaze, welding rods, etc. It is one of the most common elements that naturally occur which means that we are constantly exposed to it. But as long as you are not near a pile of it the size of a house, you will be alright and of course it is dangerous to breathe the dust of Thorium due to the cancer it causes but then again what doesn't give you cancer these days. I'm pretty sure a small rock the size of a marble or smaller should not be dangerous to handle. Granted some marbles are larger than others. Anyway, just curious and thought I would throw my hat in the ring for an idea that maybe no has tried. But I love your research irregardless.

Comment

• The Rock

@Ibpointless2,
                          I just have Two question, what made you pick this rock for your test? and what are you going to do for the negative electrode in place of Magnesium?
                          JB
                          John Bedini
                          www.johnbedini.net

Comment

• John:
                            I had made a post to you earlier but someone came and I forgot to press the post button. Anyway, glad you got the circuit going. I got most of the parts that you've mentioned, like the 2n2222, 102 to104 caps, 1k resistor, transformer, etz...
                            Once you've got it tuned and running right, I'll try to replicate it. I'm sure Lidmotor and others will give it a shot also. Can you explain a bit about how to connect the transformer up to the circuit? Maybe a simple diagram, or whatever is easiest.

Ib2: I tried your method using some magnetite instead (like the snake eggs magnets), that I have, but it gave very low output. I guess hematite and magnetite although they are somewhat related, they are not related enough.

Nick

Comment

• I left the circuit running on used 1.5 volt AAA battery

Originally posted by NickZ View Post
                              John:
                              I had made a post to you earlier but someone came and I forgot to press the post button. Anyway, glad you got the circuit going. I got most of the parts that you've mentioned, like the 2n2222, 102 to104 caps, 1k resistor, transformer, etz...
                              Once you've got it tuned and running right, I'll try to replicate it. I'm sure Lidmotor and others will give it a shot also. Can you explain a bit about how to connect the transformer up to the circuit? Maybe a simple diagram, or whatever is easiest.

Ib2: I tried your method using some magnetite instead (like the snake eggs magnets), that I have, but it gave very low output. I guess hematite and magnetite although they are somewhat related, they are not related enough.

Nick
                              NickZ,
                              Good, I left the circuit running I'm still not done as I want to try some things with the regeneration in the circuit. I will keep you posted on the effects and when I get it done I will make a video of it for you with the diagram. Anyway I have something up your alley over in my last post Bedini Ferris Wheel Regauging Motor I think you should watch it.
                              It may answer some questions on what is possible.
                              John B
                              John Bedini
                              www.johnbedini.net

Comment

• Originally posted by shawnnweed View Post
                                yeah, I know. But that is exactly the point. Because it is radioactive means that it is quickly decaying(at least in comparison to other elements), which makes it a little dangerous but when an object decays it releases great amounts of energy. And water works with Thorium much the same way as galvanic acid batteries does with metal, if you know what I mean. It's the reason why I asked. But anyway, it was just a theory who knows if you draw great amounts of voltage from it or not, I really don't think anyone has ever tried. Most people when you say the word radioactive duck and cover as if you could hide from it. But Thorium is in almost every rock. We use it x-ray machines, lanterns, cermaic glaze, welding rods, etc. It is one of the most common elements that naturally occur which means that we are constantly exposed to it. But as long as you are not near a pile of it the size of a house, you will be alright and of course it is dangerous to breathe the dust of Thorium due to the cancer it causes but then again what doesn't give you cancer these days. I'm pretty sure a small rock the size of a marble or smaller should not be dangerous to handle. Granted some marbles are larger than others. Anyway, just curious and thought I would throw my hat in the ring for an idea that maybe no has tried. But I love your research irregardless.

I have thought about making a radioactive battery, beta cell, many times. The reason I was adding salt substitute to my cells was do to me wanting to make my cells radioactive. Salt sub contains potassium which is slightly radioactive. I even made a ion chamber to test to see how many volts i would get. The beta cell testing failed for me due to me not using anything really strongly radioactive but it did lead to is me making a glue cell with Epsom salt and the left over salt sub i had laying around from the beta cells i was making. Thank you for the input

Comment

Working...
                                X