Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Neight View Post
    Hey Herbie
    I thought it was pretty cool myself! at the very least unexpected. The first time I tested them, there was no copper in there, I added the copper after testing the quartz with the metallic shell, and getting a tiny bit of voltage. It really didn't help at all, and the salt only made a minimal difference. Testing the rocks other than quartz also gives me voltage with no copper plate. I have lots of these different crystals and rocks, and can keep testing them, see what gives the best results (provided I can even identify them well enough to report back which ones worked )
    I haven't tried any combination that didn't include the iron pyrite, but may try that as well and see what I get...
    I can shoot a video if you like showing the voltage, sans copper, but try as I might, it wont make any current.
    (*crystal-to-rock*) - is what i meant, sorry.
    but yes, Since I don't have any pryrite on me now, it would be nice to see if the Copper-Pryrite & Copper-Crystal combinations isolated from each other would produce any significant voltage.
    - Kyle Herbig

Comment

• Now my curiosity is up even more....
      Ran some quick tests, and two crystals (in this case rose quarts and the small blue rock from my video) will give me voltage without any iron pyrite, or metallic shell.
      I cleaned out the small cup I had, and put fresh sterilized water in it, and tested the crystals, and got a few mV's. I added a tiny bit of table salt again, and got a bit more voltage. Here is the tricky part, no matter which rock I probe with the positive test lead, the voltage comes up negative
      I have switched them again and again, and have yet to see it venture into positive territory without some form of metal in the dish. Just seeing it make voltage is interesting enough, but no positive pole, how does that even work?

I sat here and tried so many crystal combinations, I finally just had to stop...
      every single one of them gave me some small level of voltage, and every single one of them was both poles negative on the meter...

I might try some of these better ones with the iron pyrite, or maybe just the crystal and the copper piece and see what I get out of that.

it wont make useful voltage, and I have yet to see any current, but it's neat anyway
      The absence of proof is not proof of absence

Comment

• Originally posted by Herbie687 View Post
        but yes, Since I don't have any pryrite on me now, it would be nice to see if the Copper-Pryrite & Copper-Crystal combinations isolated from each other would produce any significant voltage.
        I will take some video of this in a little bit, so you can see it, but I have now tested the combos you requested.
        with the copper in the water, and the pyrite in the water, but at least .5" space between them, I do get voltage, and even 45µA, though it drops fast. Voltage is no better than 250mV, and it also drops then fluctuates rapidly.
        the copper and pyrite will sustain close to 200mV while the copper and crystal combo will only keep around 100mV and no current.

I will post the link to the video when it's done and uploaded, might be a few hours from now though

Comment

• Willard Battery

Originally posted by plengo View Post
          Hey Chuck and Bedini,

on the last video you showed this very old cute battery. You mention you have many. Would you sell a few and for how much, please?

Fausto.
          Fausto,
          That is and 1951 Willard battery that I bought back when I was doing pulse charging experiments. Believe me Fausto you do not want that battery or maybe you do. They were 6 volt cells used for the Korean War.
          The reason we used them was you could see right through them. I pointed them out to Chuck to try and fill that with Alum for the test as we could always empty them back out. It's not a real good battery as they leak allot. But you must collect these antique relics. Peter L filled his house with smoke as the charger burned up as they are very hard to charge, since they were never formed, shiny led plates. I think the shipping would be the thing that would cost Fausto and they my not let us ship that thing. "Where is it shipping to" I might have 6 or 7 left.
          John B.
          John Bedini
          www.johnbedini.net

Comment

• John B

John B,

Could you please go to the Ferris Wheel thread and let me know what you think about what I posted about Ed's wheel?

John K.
            http://teslagenx.com

Comment

I finally got a video uploaded, and for some reason it cut off the first minute. I really had a terrible time with getting this video from the camera to youtube, which is what caused most of the delay.
              It did manage to leave in all the important bits, and I run the same test with several different combinations of things, and I start out with just the copper and iron pyrite isolated from each other. I show the voltage and the amp reading from those two, then show several other combinations.

here is the link -
              Crystal Voltage - YouTube

if anyone has any suggestions, or anything they would like to see me try, I am more than happy to film more tests on request

N8

Comment

And so I shall start to see if it is so in the morning.
                That's also a great discovery on the bismuth! We should now get even more voltage out now using magnesium.
                That's wierd though! It has an electronegativity of 2.02. Did you use pure bismuth, or was it an ore/mineral form of it?
                "Nothing ventured is nothing gained."
                The bottle says its 99.97% pure.
                All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

• Originally posted by ibpointless2 View Post
                  The bottle says its 99.97% pure.
                  That's really weird dude. It should be the negative, but it's not.
                  - Kyle Herbig

Comment

• Red hematite iron ore

Red hematite iron ore:
                    Red Mountain, Birmingham Alabama – is minutes from where I work.
                    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Mountain_(Birmingham)
                    Taken from this source:
                    “The Red Mountain Formation of hard Silurian rock strata lies exposed in several long crests, and was named "Red Mountain" because of the rust-stained rock faces and prominent seams of red hematite iron ore.”

The Red Mountain ores are known as a red fossil ore, because originally the iron accumulated in extensive beds of fragments of fossils, principally the hard parts of crinoids, bryozoans, and brachiopods. The iron, from solution in some form, was precipitated upon and within these beds of fossil fragments and thus the ore beds are simply a particular kind of sedimentary layers inclosed in ordinary sediments, shales, and sandstones, composing the bulk of the Red Mountain formation. As the fossil fragments were composed of calcium carbonate, which is the mineral that forms limestone, the iron ore beds at depth, where they are unweathered and where there has been no condition that permitted leaching of the lime content, carry a considerable percentage of lime, so that the ore is self-fluxing.”

@IB: Could your discovery lead to a fossil fuel crystal battery?
                    Last edited by b_rads; 03-02-2012, 05:41 PM.

Comment

• Bismuth 12 GA Shot

Originally posted by ibpointless2 View Post
                      Some of you may laugh but I have found something that is interesting and it concerns bismuth. Bismuth subsalicylate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Bismuth subsalicylate is the only active ingredient in an over the counter medication that will leave a shiny metal oxide slag behind after being completely burnt with a blow torch."

I think I need to get my hands on Pepto-Bismol, fist test it as a electrolyte and than make it a electrode.
                      @IB I reload my own ammo and actually started using Bismuth shot used in my 12 Gauge shotgun shells. You can pick up a bag at your local firearms retailer that carries reloading equipment. They switched over years ago from Lead for environmental reasons.

I have Bismuth on my bench that I melted down to experiment with. Everything has been put on hold for a while as far as participation and building do to family health issues, but I'm trying to keep up on the forum progress.

Great Job Guys, keep up the great work.

Thanks John Bedini for all your time and effort.

Mike
                      Last edited by Michael Kishline; 03-02-2012, 06:15 PM. Reason: grammer

Comment

• Originally posted by b_rads;182684
                        "IB: Could your discovery lead to a fossil fuel crystal battery?[/COLOR
                        Golly don't mention the words fossil fuel.
                        Next thing you know there will be a shortage and Hemitite will be $110.00 per ounce!
                        Jim

Comment

• You're right...

Originally posted by ibpointless2 View Post
                          If you use rust from steel than you going to have red dust that falls off into the water solution. Even though rust is iron-oxide and so is hematite I don't think you can compare them that easy. Hematite is mostly a giant glob of iron-oxide compressed from pressures from earth and the environment. If you can make rust and compress it into a solid object and it works than that's great! Or coat the rust onto something that's not steel/iron than that will work too. Only way to find out is to do it. Nothing ventured is nothing gained.
                          I checked on the steel this morning at school. It did form a rust powder on top that went right back into the water as I pulled them out. So I'm trying again by letting them sit on water soaked paper towels. Hopefully they rust up well over the weekend.
                          *Will a conductive epoxy become a electrolyte if i use it with pure rust powder? I'm thinking of doing that as well.
                          - Kyle Herbig

Comment

• Originally posted by Neight View Post
                            I finally got a video uploaded, and for some reason it cut off the first minute. I really had a terrible time with getting this video from the camera to youtube, which is what caused most of the delay.
                            It did manage to leave in all the important bits, and I run the same test with several different combinations of things, and I start out with just the copper and iron pyrite isolated from each other. I show the voltage and the amp reading from those two, then show several other combinations.

here is the link -
                            Crystal Voltage - YouTube

if anyone has any suggestions, or anything they would like to see me try, I am more than happy to film more tests on request

N8
                            Nice man... that's awesome.
                            The fact that they're both crystal are negative is strange. I'm thinking that it may be producing AC in that instance, or the water on the test lead maybe was interfering.
                            I need to search for quartz and scope it sometime.
                            Also, if you want more DMM's that are cheap, you can get $4 DMM's at Habor Frieght Tools. They're just as good as the one's at radioshack. (Although the leads that come with it are a different story.) Those analog meters are annoying to read, and I'm thinking you might feel the same as well.
                            for posting.
                            Last edited by Herbie687; 03-02-2012, 11:11 PM. Reason: Grammar
                            - Kyle Herbig

Comment

Nice man... that's awesome.
                              The fact that they're both crystal are negative is strange. I thinking that it may be producing AC in that instance, or the water on the test lead maybe was interfering.
                              I need to search for quartz and scope it sometime.
                              Also, if you want more DMM's that are cheap, you can get $4 DMM's at Habor Frieght Tools. They're just as good as the one's at radioshack. (Although the leads that come with it are a different story.) Those analog meters are annoying to read, and I'm thinking you might feel the same as well.
                              for posting.
                              No Problem, happy to help where I can
                              You hit the nail on the head I think, it never occured to me to set the meter on ACV, as I almost never have to use that setting....
                              it shows the same AC reading as it was a -DC reading, only no negative.

I will have to stop in @ HF, and check out their meters, at $4 I could get a few. And yes, reading that analog meter can be a pain at times, but it also seems to be one of my most reliable meters right now.
                              thanks for the tip

N8

Comment

• IB, i'm thinking that being the hematite a good pair electrode to the copper we can still use it (as i understand, its the best combination you've made, hematite-copper since it gave you over 2V, right?) since we already have a good way of turning the copper to a semiconductor which will not corrode, (heat it up several times until it turns dark), this creates an oxide layer that is very successful, no drop in voltage or current... i always do this now, and since i've never had any more problems with the copper corroding of sulfating... give it a try, is the first thing ill do as soon as my hematites get here... cheers

Comment

Working...
                                X