Bedini Earth Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some more thoughts

Galvanic cells or concentrate cells create more voltage when you use the most neg compound with the most pos compound
    Standard electrode potential (data page) Standard electrode potential (data page) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thats why copper & magnesium gives more power than copper & zinc

If you look at the most neg compound on the chart, it is Fluorine, thats why I choose to use fluoride toothpaste for my cell # 3, you don't even need the copper in the cell, you can read off the toothpaste

I think a fluorine battery would be far superior to all current batteries of today
    __________________________________________________ ____________
    Why do we use doping agents in these cells in between to dissimilar metals or compounds

I believe it is to enhance the electron flows and increase the potential power between compounds

These doping agents are categorized as

N-type semiconductors. This creates an excess of negative (n-type) electron charge carriers. N-type semiconductor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

N-type
    Nitrogen group - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

p-type semiconductor (p for Positive)P-type semiconductor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Here is the p-type
    Boron group - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So the mission is to get the best doping agent to go with the pos and neg compounds, to get the most power
    __________________________________________________ ___
    I think the thought mission here is, or should be, to activate the piezoelectric from the crystals within or in combination with the galvanic cells

Just some thoughts on a boring Sunday

Comment

• @Allwest,

thank you for the tips. I just purchased the grease thingy and I will give it a try.

Fausto.

Comment

• Originally posted by plengo View Post
        I created a new cell using MnO2 that is mixed with different compounds. I am trying around 5 different combination with this new ingredient.

I can conclude that Oxigen WILL KILL the cell when using Magnesium (Mg). I don't know why but the outcome of two different setups is very repeatable and obvious. I don't think it is the water containment in this case.

Fausto.

ps: I got this email today: [NOW AVAILABLE] TigerDirect.com - INTRODUCING THE WORLD'S FIRST HOME MINI-NUCLEAR GENERATOR
        Fausto,

You may want to try some Oxygen removal methods. Try using Oxygen Free Copper, or Copper (II) Oxide or both. See these links:
        http://scifun.chem.wisc.edu/chemweek/pdf/airgas.pdf
        GCSE SCIENCE CHEMISTRY HIGH SCHOOL - Experiment to find the amount of Oxygen in the Air - gcsescience.com.
        Oxygen-free copper - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

My understanding is that it IS possible to preserve the components if one knows how. And I'm sure John B has worked it out already, I'm waiting for John B to reveal all.

Love your work Fausto!
        Alex.

Comment

• I have EXCELLENT news to our member fellas here.

I opened my 5 cell flat Mg, copper, Iron Pyrite, Carbon, paper cell again. The first time I opened I notice corrosion on the Mg side of it. So I added MnO2 to it and put it back.

Everyday I put water on this 5 cells connected in series running one LED no osc. Everyday I actually put the whole thing in the sink and open the faucet until they are totally sokken wet. Light goes bright and I let it there until next night I repeat the process.

I has been now about 2 months running like that and after one month I opened and noticed slow corrosion on the Mg. After adding MnO2 I see NO CORROSION any more. It totally stopped it on the cells I put it on.

On the cells I left WITHOUT MnO2 it continued corroding as expected but not on the ones with MnO2.

I have some cells running also with this MnO2 in other geometries that I will open eventually too, but for now I can certainly say that MnO2 with Iron Pyrite do protect the Magnesium substantially and it makes this cells a much more viable project.

Fausto.

ps: this is NOT NEWS BECAUSE of April first. I am serious.
          Last edited by plengo; 04-02-2012, 12:54 AM.

Comment

• Plengo:
            Thank you for the information on the success of using the iron pyrite and the MnO2 in the electrolyte mix on your tests to help fight off the oxidation. Very important news. This is what we all needed to have confirmed.
            I've also been using a conductive grease on my cells and their connections. It was given to me by the public power and light company, they use is on all their copper/aluminum connections. This is a conductive grease, instead.
            NickZ
            Last edited by NickZ; 04-02-2012, 07:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NickZ View Post
              Plengo:
              Thank you for the information on the success of using the iron pyrite and the MgO2 in the electrolyte mix on your tests to help fight off the oxidation. Very important news. This is what we all needed to have confirmed.
              I've also been using a conductive grease on my cells and their connections. It was given to me by the public power and light company, they use is on all their copper/aluminum connections. This is a conductive grease, instead.
              NickZ
              Probably this was a typo: You meant - MnO2 (Manganese Dioxide) not MgO2 (Magnesium Dioxide)??!!.

Fausto.

Comment

• The technology is readily available

Hi all, I have a link to share to everyone. They have this technology already...

Energy Harvesting - MEC - Micro-Battery Backup Power Solutions

Comment

• Very Nice

Originally posted by CrystalDipoleMatrix View Post
                  Hi all, I have a link to share to everyone. They have this technology already...

I read a few years back that the next major discovery in energy would be the ability to store energy. We are very good at creating energy, poor in storing it. This type of developement will make solar and wind much more viable. Good Find!

Comment

• Plengo and All:
                    Yes, correct, it is a typo error on my part. I meant Manganese Dioxide (MnO2). The error has been fixed.

I am having some good luck now with using aluminum/ activated carbon/ sand, regular salt mix, and am getting 50 to 60 mA per cell. The main trick is maintaining PRESSURE on the cells.
                    My last cell is a big 3 inch tall aluminum tube cell 1 1/4 wide, is using the semiconductor treated copper tube, with cloth separator. It is giving me 1.2 volts. So, not so bad for no cost cells, now putting out some useable light.

I am going to open up another carbon/zinc D cell remove the MnO2, and make a cell using that again. As I was able to light a red led by itself on a previously made Mn02 cell. Can I just add silica pellets straight into the electrolyte mix? I'm still looking for the pyrite, also.
                    The carbon and salt electrolyte combination is a winner though... as carbon absorbs the salt and water like a sponge, but the cell burns them up, like a jet afterburner.
                    My last cell is sealed, and is still having a watering hole on top, but, with a removable rubber plug on the watering hole, to keep additional moisture at bay.
                    I'm still working on new cells, but will upload some pics soon.
                    NickZ
                    Last edited by NickZ; 04-02-2012, 07:25 PM.

Comment

• Worth the time to look at

Originally posted by CrystalDipoleMatrix View Post

Thanks for posting that link. This was well worth the time to look at this and watch a video on what these thin cells can do. Pay special attention to HOW this cell works. The way that the electrons and ions move in the electrolyte sounds like what John has been talking about in his cells. The big difference is that these cell are stricly storage devices. They don't produce the energy on their own. They are just rechargables but they were designed to easily accept "ambient energy" of very low power levels (RF, heat, vibration, and light) from a gathering device such as a solar cell or a piezio element. These cells last almost forever like a capacitor and they don't leak away the energy.
                      Cool stuff.

Lidmotor
                      Last edited by Lidmotor; 04-02-2012, 10:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lidmotor View Post
                        Thanks for posting that link. This was well worth the time to look at this and watch a video on what these thin cells can do. Pay special attention to HOW this cell works. The way that the electrons and ions move in the electrolyte sounds like what John has been talking about in his cells. The big difference is that these cell are stricly storage devices. They don't produce the energy on their own. They are just rechargables but they were designed to easily accept "ambient enegy" of very low power levels (RF, heat, vibration, and light) from a gathering device such as a solar cell or a piezio element. These cells last almost forever like a capacitor and they don't leak away the energy.
                        Cool stuff.

Lidmotor
                        Yeah, just saw the demo videos. Now I understand that big difference! My mistake...

Comment

• Heating the MNO2

Originally posted by NickZ View Post
                          Plengo and All:
                          Yes, correct, it is a typo error on my part. I meant Manganese Dioxide (MnO2).

I am having some good luck now with using aluminum/ activated carbon/ sand, regular salt mix, and am getting 50 to 60 mA per cell. The main trick is maintaining PRESSURE on the cells.
                          My last cell is a big 3 inch tall aluminum tube cell 1 1/4 wide, is using the semiconductor treated copper tube, with cloth separator. It is giving me 1.2 volts. So, not so bad for no cost cells, now putting out some useable light.

I am going to open up another carbon/zinc D cell remove the MnO2, and make a cell using that again. As I was able to light a red led by itself on a previously made Mn02 cell. Can I just add silica pellets straight into the electrolyte mix? I'm still looking for the pyrite, also.
                          The carbon and salt electrolyte combination is a winner though... as carbon absorbs the salt and water like a sponge, but the cell burns them up, like a jet afterburner.
                          My last cell is sealed, and is still having a watering hole on top, but, with a removable rubber plug on the watering hole, to keep additional moisture at bay.
                          I'm still working on new cells, but will upload some pics soon.
                          NickZ
                          Maybe trying to heat the MNO2 to form MN2O3 and comparing the results ? John was talking about using mn2o3. But I was reading about the mn2o3 that was a biproduct from the redox reaction of mno2 in an alkaline cell. I'm not sure which form to use...

Comment

• Maybe another form of depolarizer discovered!

I've found that heating iron pyrite will kill the sulfur to form fe2o3 (rust). The mineral form of mn2o3/fe2o3 is called bixbyite. It is often found with magnetite and hematite. It really mean something to me. I will make some cells with my heated iron pyrite and powdered bixbyite as doping. Will see!

Comment

• CrystalDM:
                              I don't know if I'd want to mess to much with the Mn02, as the stuff is very nasty, and dangerous to work with.
                              In any case let us know how it goes...

Comment

• Rochelle salt

I just made rochelle salt with cream of tartar and heated sodium bicarbonate. That's really cool stuff!!! Some big crystals too!

Comment

Working...
                                X