X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To All,

Thank you for your informative information and updates

I am working on a water filled cell, copper and mag

Below the water is the normal mag decay, but above the water (or at the water) I see copper being deposited on the mag

Has any body come across this, or know where to send me so I can research this?

Thanks

Best of luck to all

Comment

• Originally posted by Allwest View Post
      To All,

Thank you for your informative information and updates

I am working on a water filled cell, copper and mag

Below the water is the normal mag decay, but above the water (or at the water) I see copper being deposited on the mag

Has any body come across this, or know where to send me so I can research this?

Thanks

Best of luck to all
      @Allwest:

The only time I have ever seen this is when using copper sulfate in the solution. The copper sulfate bond is weaker than a zinc or magnesium sulfate bond. As the elemental Zn or Mg breaks free of the negative electrode and finds the copper sulfate, the copper is released and the sulfate attaches to the Zn or Mg. The copper has to go somewhere and I have seen it attach itself to the negative electrode as well as build up on the positive electrode.

Brad S

Comment

• Originally posted by b_rads View Post
        @Allwest:

The only time I have ever seen this is when using copper sulfate in the solution. The copper sulfate bond is weaker than a zinc or magnesium sulfate bond. As the elemental Zn or Mg breaks free of the negative electrode and finds the copper sulfate, the copper is released and the sulfate attaches to the Zn or Mg. The copper has to go somewhere and I have seen it attach itself to the negative electrode as well as build up on the positive electrode.

Brad S
        Very interesting, I have not used any copper sulfate, but I am trying a new (or new to me technique) I don't know if it hurts or helps this cell yet

Thanks for responding

To All
        I have been doing some long term testing of some cells, but I forgot to do a base line

Does any body have base line info for a how long a normal battery lasts on an LED light?

Thanks, and best of luck

Comment

• Super practical battery

Hi:
          Everybody, well one more innovation of the kind : why in the Heck I didn't think about it myself being in this forum!!!.....
          T
          o me is the ever telling you " be practical and simple" here the link

Scientists develop spray-on battery - Yahoo! News

Comment

• Each mixture part within spray on bottles..hmmm
            That really is very cool and, as you say, sort of obvious if ingredients are to be wet mixed

Quick update from here on 2x long run cells.
            In this short video I show a few things, including the 7 month and 4 month old more 'traditional' stovetop mixture types of salts cells, still running: 4xLED Osc w/1 water + pancake coil metals trouble.mpeg - YouTube
            Thoughts are, that while both cells are exposed and not sealed, the higher than sensible Oklahoma humidity is keeping them going.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slider2732 View Post
              Each mixture part within spray on bottles..hmmm
              That really is very cool and, as you say, sort of obvious if ingredients are to be wet mixed

Quick update from here on 2x long run cells.
              In this short video I show a few things, including the 7 month and 4 month old more 'traditional' stovetop mixture types of salts cells, still running: 4xLED Osc w/1 water + pancake coil metals trouble.mpeg - YouTube
              Thoughts are, that while both cells are exposed and not sealed, the higher than sensible Oklahoma humidity is keeping them going.
              Slider,

Thanks for video

Wow that little one still going, amazing!

With plain water on the one you made should last forever

something to try with the pancake coil, try removing the battery cell, and put it on the box

Good luck

Comment

• Thanks for viewing
                I know that people often ask about long running salts cells and my finding, along with others, is that a little bit lasts for months, higher power burns out in weeks.
                The capacitor can is a stovetop type, with the aluminium can being the negative. The seashell uses zinc oxide and green tipped match heads.

Not sure how you mean about removing the water cell. It would just stop lol
                I just did it anyway, wondering about the metal mass and energy soaking from the environment or something equally as tangential...it stopped
                So, yeah, just wondering how you mean ?

Comment

Thanks for viewing
                  I know that people often ask about long running salts cells and my finding, along with others, is that a little bit lasts for months, higher power burns out in weeks.
                  The capacitor can is a stovetop type, with the aluminium can being the negative. The seashell uses zinc oxide and green tipped match heads.

Not sure how you mean about removing the water cell. It would just stop lol
                  I just did it anyway, wondering about the metal mass and energy soaking from the environment or something equally as tangential...it stopped
                  So, yeah, just wondering how you mean ?
                  Well... that was worth a try also, to see if the coil (by itself) was collecting anything, but what I meant was take off the battery cell from the coil, but still leave it connected, and see which one needs to be elevated

Best of luck

Comment

• Oh I see
                    During the head scratching before realising it was the coil that needed to be lifted, I did just that. The immediate thought on moving it from the kitchen, was that i'd busted a wire somewhere. After checking everything, I took the water cell away from the coil and did in fact think it was something related to connections to the electrodes. All was fine...so I decided to put it to one side on the box, the oscillator started up. Put it down it stopped, put it back it started up.
                    Was entertaining for a Sunday afternoon lol

Comment

Oh I see
                      During the head scratching before realising it was the coil that needed to be lifted, I did just that. The immediate thought on moving it from the kitchen, was that i'd busted a wire somewhere. After checking everything, I took the water cell away from the coil and did in fact think it was something related to connections to the electrodes. All was fine...so I decided to put it to one side on the box, the oscillator started up. Put it down it stopped, put it back it started up.
                      Was entertaining for a Sunday afternoon lol
                      Must have to do with the coil being grounded

That is a BIG Coil

Best of luck

Comment

• "Many other incredible presentations including John Bedini's crystal batteries that were so big you can put a tripod under it and bbq a feast! 2 of them actually!"
                        http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...tml#post200229

I wasn't able to go to the conference, did anyone here go? I would like to know more about the John's big cells.
                        All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

• I've signed up for Peter's Newsletter...so should be able to view some of the presentations I hope.
                          Hmm, really huge crystal cells, puts me in mind of an empty whisky barrel or something. If I made one it would give 0.7V @2mA for a verrrrry long time

Comment

• One of the more interesting things I've seen with my pressure cells is that when they're first made they can have up to 1.3 volts or more. The pressure cell will then go down in voltage over the next few days to around .400V. As soon as it reaches its low point, each cell is a little different, the cell will start to climb up to around 1.2 or 1.1 volts and stay there. What is interesting is that even when its at the .400volt range it can charge a capacitor up to 1.2 volts with no problem. I took one cell that was at .500 Volts and hooked it up to a capacitor that had been sitting for over day and it had a standing voltage of 70mV. I hook the cell up to the capacitor and by the next morning the capacitor had over 1.2 volts in it. The cell was able to double its voltage over night due to charging a capacitor. This is why i so strongly suggested everyone charge capacitors. These pressure cells seem to do great when given a short or a resistive load such as a capacitor. The pressure cells remind me of Townsend Brown work with petrovoltaics rocks. The grains of salt substitute are nothing more than tiny rocks that are tightly bound to each other.
                            All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

• Originally posted by Sawt2 View Post
                              That is the stuff from harbor freight. I have not personally tried that but it does seem similar and inexpensive enough to try.
                              I found an address for the guy that I bought the chemalloy from, I am going to try to contact him and see if he will tell me where to buy it from.
                              I'll keep you posted once I know something
                              Brian
                              To all:
                              I finally got a response from the gentleman I purchased the original Chemalloy from. He still has a little and is willing to sell it to me. the normal price is 29.50 per pound. If I order 10 lb I could make it available to any one in the lower 48 for 26.50 per lb (that includes priority mail shipping)I would like about 3 lbs. so if at least 7 others are interested and serious about it I could order it. One lb is about 14 rods, approx. 9" long and about 1/4 to 5/16 dia. with 1 small flat side. The cells that I made I just cut the rods in half, however I do believe you could cut them in thirds or quarters and still have a working cell. Well, that's it for tonight if you are interested let me know.
                              Brian

Comment

• Originally posted by ibpointless2 View Post
                                One of the more interesting things I've seen with my pressure cells is that when they're first made they can have up to 1.3 volts or more. The pressure cell will then go down in voltage over the next few days to around .400V. As soon as it reaches its low point, each cell is a little different, the cell will start to climb up to around 1.2 or 1.1 volts and stay there. What is interesting is that even when its at the .400volt range it can charge a capacitor up to 1.2 volts with no problem. I took one cell that was at .500 Volts and hooked it up to a capacitor that had been sitting for over day and it had a standing voltage of 70mV. I hook the cell up to the capacitor and by the next morning the capacitor had over 1.2 volts in it. The cell was able to double its voltage over night due to charging a capacitor. This is why i so strongly suggested everyone charge capacitors. These pressure cells seem to do great when given a short or a resistive load such as a capacitor. The pressure cells remind me of Townsend Brown work with petrovoltaics rocks. The grains of salt substitute are nothing more than tiny rocks that are tightly bound to each other.
                                Interesting info, I like the idea of using cap's as storage, these cells produce around the clock

How is the amps of these?

Best of luck

Comment

Working...
                                X