Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My First cell, now conditioning............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My First cell, now conditioning............

Hello everyone,

I have just built my first hydroxy cell and am now in the tube conditioning phase. My cell is tubular in design, a "five shooter". Now on day 2 of conditioning, have a dark bronze color on all inner tubes (negative) and no more water discoloration or brown scum floating to top. I suppose the bronze color comes before the white powder buildup? Hope I am doing this correctly. I am using a PWM, purchased online, to control and adjust the amperage to the cell. I am using the formula for conditioning that I found in "a practicle guide to free energy" from Stan Meyer info file (i think that is where I found it):

.5 amp for 25 minutes, then off for 30 min
    1 amp for 20 min, off for 30 min
    1.5 amp for 15 min, off for 20 min
    2 amps for 10 min, off for 20 min
    2.5 amps for 5 min, off for 15 min
    3 amps for 2-3 min, off for an hour before restarting sequence

I am using a PVC 6" container, Five 2" SS tubes with 1.5" SS tubes inside them, separated with natural rubber. The tubes are 12" in length, with all electrical connections made up in base of unit. I do not have the lid on the case during conditioning, so I can view the happenings inside. I AM doing this OUTSIDE the shop for safety (as recommended) . At the end of the 4th sequence, at 3 amp draw, I already can see thick gas vapors coming off the top of the open unit, kind of like a fog machine, but to a lesser degree. Way more action than yesterday at same amount of amp draw, progress......right? All this is completely new to me, so I will surely have lots of questions and greatly appreciate any input from you guys. I eventually intend to install a cell of some sort into my car, for now I am only bench testing and trying to get a better understanding of all things "hydroxy". Right now I am using distilled water, (Florida tap water is terrible!) My boss was told to use about 1 tblsp of distilled white vinegar per gallon of distiled water, that is the current solution being used. But, all my research on this forum has him picking up some KOH this evening for use in a fresh batch of electrolite for tomorrow, the right thing to do I assume? I am a mechanic and fabricator of 20 yrs. experience, but 0 yrs. experience with hydroxy. Can't believe I didn't find out about this sooner . I will post pics of my unit soon, and as I said, any and all input is appreciated greatly. Thanks to all for the GREAT and bountiful info on here and for all that is to come. We live in very exciting times!
    IF IT DOESN'T EXIST, CREATE IT!!!

conditioning protocol

That protocol you listed sounds like Ravi's protocol and it seemed to work very well for him from what I remember.

I simply used a variac's output to go pulsed or galloping dc through a full bridge so it is 120hz...+ pulsing through diode to annode and cathode back around to neg on bridge.

I just ran tap water and I had the white powder sometimes in just a few hours. I rant it off and on maybe 30 minutes at a time up to an hour or so at at time. About 12-24 volts and a couple amps.

The only time I had the brownish color or gunk was from non-stainless exposed wires or connections in the water.
    Sincerely,
    Aaron Murakami

Books & Videos https://emediapress.com
    Conference http://energyscienceconference.com
    RPX & MWO http://vril.io

Comment

Brownish color on cathodes

Hello again,

If I can figure out how to successfully upload pics, here is a few shots of my cell. I am wondering if the brown color on my cathodes is indication that I am not doing something correctly in trying to condition my tubes. The place my boss got the tubes from didn't even know what grade they were, surely not 316L. I did use a rare earth magnet to test for magnetic properties and only got a slight pull along the seam on the inside of tubes (appear seamless from outside). Also a question about resonant frequency tuning, is there a formula as far as tube thickness difference from inner to outer tubes that would have the resonant frequencies closer even before cutting notches in the outer tubes? I cut notches out straight across from each other on the outer tubes and was only able to make the frequencies closer, still nowhere near the same. Maybe if I cut the notches halfway down the tubes LOL. Thanks to all for being on this forum! Here I go, trying to load pics.

Last edited by jstadwater; 10-23-2008, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Looking Good!

Originally posted by jstadwater View Post
        Hello again,

If I can figure out how to successfully upload pics, here is a few shots of my cell. I am wondering if the brown color on my cathodes is indication that I am not doing something correctly in trying to condition my tubes. The place my boss got the tubes from didn't even know what grade they were, surely not 316L. I did use a rare earth magnet to test for magnetic properties and only got a slight pull along the seam on the inside of tubes (appear seamless from outside). Also a question about resonant frequency tuning, is there a formula as far as tube thickness difference from inner to outer tubes that would have the resonant frequencies closer even before cutting notches in the outer tubes? I cut notches out straight across from each other on the outer tubes and was only able to make the frequencies closer, still nowhere near the same. Maybe if I cut the notches halfway down the tubes LOL. Thanks to all for being on this forum! Here I go, trying to load pics.

[ATTACH]604[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]605[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]606[/ATTACH]
        That is one great looking cell! If it performs as good as it looks you will be in business...
        A few questions.
        -Looks a little like the Dingle design from the Phillipines. Did you do any welding like Dave Dingle?
        -Where did your source your pipe stock?
        W
        "But ye shall receive power..."
        Acts 1:8

Comment

Hello Wpage,

I am not familiar with the Dingle design, had most of this stuff laying around the shop, my boss got the tubes from some local steel shop and the guy didn't even know what grade stainless they were. Have to start somewhere though. I am a fabricator and builder of high end Lambo replicas. Right now I am waiting for the arrival of the KOH I ordered, couldn't find it local. I can't believe I've been a mechanic for 20 yrs. and just one month ago started looking into this technology! I now have my boss looking for some stainless wire to use for my wiring hookups on the next cell design, should be alot easier to make up, and use less space for when I down-size the unit for car application. I will post more results as I find them out. Thanks, have a GREAT day!

Comment

Hello Wpage,

I am not familiar with the Dingle design, had most of this stuff laying around the shop, my boss got the tubes from some local steel shop and the guy didn't even know what grade stainless they were. Have to start somewhere though. I am a fabricator and builder of high end Lambo replicas. Right now I am waiting for the arrival of the KOH I ordered, couldn't find it local. I can't believe I've been a mechanic for 20 yrs. and just one month ago started looking into this technology! I now have my boss looking for some stainless wire to use for my wiring hookups on the next cell design, should be alot easier to make up, and use less space for when I down-size the unit for car application. I will post more results as I find them out. Thanks, have a GREAT day!
            Stainless Wire = Stainless Steel Leader Wire (Used for Fishing rigs) Wal-mart $3.89 25FT

RedMeanie
            (psst...Don't Tell Anyone, But I'm Really Not Mean!)

Comment

The shark fisherman I am............and it never dawned on me to use the thing I use every weekend !!!!! I will go get some immediately, thank you for that perspective Redmeanie

Comment

Anti-slosh??

Hello everyone,

Much thanks goes out to all who post info and results here. The available info here has helped me greatly. I have a question on anti-slosh materials that could be used, say attached to the removable top lid of the cell housing. I looked for info here in different threads, but alas, it eludes me. Anyone know of a relatively flat material I could use that would inhibit water (but still allow hydroxy gas to flow) going through my gas outlet via sloshing from the vehicle being driven? I don't have one on a vehicle YET, but like to solve problems before I get to them sometimes. Just built a new cell design using tubes of 1" then 1.5" then 2", negative...nuetral...positive, respectively. Still a "five shooter" in a 6" housing, like the first one I built last week. Seems very promising on gas production already, even only on low amp conditioning stage (with basically NO catalyst, my KOH arrives tomorrow!). I will post picks soon. Thanks again for everyone's help.

Comment

Also a newbie

Hi all
                  A few months ago I built a HHO generator, well actually only got up to the part of assemblimg all the tubes. Did a quick test with a 12v battery saw some gas and unfortunately had to get involved in other matters. Any way I am now ready to surge ahead. Before I do, do you recommend that I drive this unit with the pulsed DC unit commonly know as PDF 14 or do I use a PWM controller or both. The other question is what volume of gas should I strive to attain and what would the voltages and amperages be to get this?

Comment

[COLOR="Blue"]

Right now I am waiting for the arrival of the KOH I ordered, couldn't find it local. COLOR]
                    Jstadwater, I know your KOH is arriving soon. If you need any in the future, Lowe's carries 100% lye under the Roebic brand name(found where they sell Drano, etc.... I have been waiting for weeks from the internet- then another poster suggested Roebics at Lowes. fyi- Jimmy

Comment

Thanks Jimmy,

I'm making a mental Lowe's note now...................got it! I can't wait to see my results with KOH use, if it's not here by mid-day tomorrow I'll probably run down to Lowe's, only about a mile away. What kind of cell design do you have? I'm always interested in new info.

Comment

Hi jstadwater,
                        This is my first jump into electrolysis, etc.... So, I've built the Smack's booster. Just finished testing on my old car(66 impala- motor is already shot, so I'm not scared to take a chance...). But, I saw no improvement in mpg. I need to look further- I don't know where to find a cheap flowmeter, and I don't know how much current I'm set up for(2 tsp lye as per the instructions). Like you, I had difficulty finding many things and finally decided to run the car with booster just to see what I could get- then dial everything in later when I found the proper tools to verify everything.... My tool "wish list" is slowly getting shorter and shorter, so we're getting there..... Good luck to ya! Jimmy

Comment

Cheap Ammeter

After looking for meters at AutoZone and Kragens, I found NONE. The ammeter has fallen out out favor and everybody uses a voltmeter (and people don't actually tinker with their cars).
                          Our local CARQUEST dealer had three different models of ammeters. I picked one up for $11 or 12 bucks. NAPA might also have them.

I did see the Roebics at Lowes.

Comment

jstadwater, did you ANNEAL your tubes before commencing?

Ash

Comment

Originally posted by wpage View Post
                              That is one great looking cell! If it performs as good as it looks you will be in business...
                              A few questions.
                              -Looks a little like the Dingle design from the Phillipines. Did you do any welding like Dave Dingle?
                              -Where did your source your pipe stock?
                              W
                              Hi! Page.
                              You can get ss pipe from Mcmaster-Carr. Great source for most HHO booster parts.
                              Al.
                              Antiquer

Comment

Working...
                              X