304 stainless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 304 stainless

Hi All, I haven't played for a couple of months. Making yet another configuration to get away from heat run. This time a 6 cell, tubular series cell. Difficult to find 316 in the right sizes for the prototype so I'm using 304. I've seen mention of problems with the impurities. Does anybody know if this will just be an initial problem, solved with conditioning, or will it be continuous? I'll be using KOH. Will post my results and discoveries on impurities.
    Last edited by p10e; 09-19-2008, 01:03 PM.

Originally posted by p10e View Post
    Hi All, I haven't played for a couple of months. Making yet another configuration to get away from heat run. This time a 6 cell, tubular series cell. Difficult to find 316 in the right sizes for the prototype so I'm using 304. I've seen mention of problems with the impurities. Does anybody know if this will just be an initial problem, solved with conditioning, or will it be continuous? I'll be using KOH. Will post my results and discoveries on impurities.
    I use 304 stainless and found that if you condition the plates correctly you will not have a problem. Many people are in a hurry and skip this very important step.
    I currently have a generator with 304 ss that is in operation for the last 14 months, and the electrolyte is a very weak tea color.
    Mike

Comment

Stainless Steel types

Originally posted by p10e View Post
      I personally use SS grade 316L wherever possible, though I fully appreciate the problems with getting the right sizes when at prototype stage. I am currently using 304 grade for threaded bar and connections. It seems to work reasonably well, though I am hoping to have everything as either 316L or plastic eventually.

I built a brute force system last year that puts out just over 1 ltm of hydroxy when hot. I am currently trying to improve on this with a Stan Meyer system.
      Cheers,

Michael

Comment

Working...
      X