X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

plasma ignition diodes

Originally posted by jonathan View Post
    l try to make plasma spark l try 10 uf capasitor and 16 diodes in4007 1000v 1a it work but after 4 spark the diodes burn whats the problem ? low amp diodes
    Those diodes don't have enough current rating.

I would recommend some 6A100 (6 amp 1000v) diodes. Cheap and rugged.
    Make a string of those and they're almost indestructible for these tests.

At least you got the plasma so you know how to make the circuit correct.
    Sincerely,
    Aaron Murakami

Books & Videos https://emediapress.com
    Conference http://energyscienceconference.com
    RPX & MWO http://vril.io

Comment

plasma spark

thanks Aaron l will try it with 6 amps diodes where l can find schematics that work 100% without burn diode capasitors and inverter thanks
      Last edited by jonathan; 06-18-2011, 06:41 PM.

Comment

l try to make plasma spark l try 10 uf capasitor and 16 diodes in4007 1000v 1a it work but after 4 spark the diodes burn whats the problem ? low amp diodes
        If you force the coil too go over 16k volts you will burn some diodes out. I use 40 or more 4007 no problem.

Comment

plasma spark

what you mean force the coil l think if l have 40kv coil l want to make 40kv diodes or l want to make more diodes? thanks maxc and every one

Comment

what you mean force the coil l think if l have 40kv coil l want to make 40kv diodes or l want to make more diodes? thanks maxc and every one
            When testing spark output in open air 20k will jump about .350 inch 40k volts will jump about 1 inch. I put 2X diodes in series of the output of coil.

Comment

plasma spark

ok thanks my friend l will try it again with 4007 diodes and 2 diodes at the output coil thanks my friend

Comment

ok thanks my friend l will try it again with 4007 diodes and 2 diodes at the output coil thanks my friend
                No use 80 diodes if your max output is 40K.

Comment

plasma spark

ok l have 40kv l want to make 80 diodes to protect low voltage and another 80 diodes to the output coil? l didnt understand you thanks for help can you send me an image how to connect them pls thanks

Comment

ok l have 40kv l want to make 80 diodes to protect low voltage and another 80 diodes to the output coil? l didnt understand you thanks for help can you send me an image how to connect them pls thanks
                    Maybe you should use different diodes than the 4001's. 80 diodes is a lot!

This diode should be bullet proof for the plasma spark.

But this set of 50 6amp - 1kv diodes is the best bang for your buck.

Comment

• Just recently watching a youtube video I've had an idea. Why not try microwaved water in a plasma spark gap? The water is not the same as proven by watering plants with it, so I wonder if it is just enough to finish the puzzle of running a car on water?

I have the high pressure mister, but no plasma spark setup yet. Still need to buy those diodes.

Here's the inspirational video I watched. Too bad he didn't have a plasma ignition setup to see the results.

Comment

• plasma

l did the plasma my problem is l have 40 kv l think l want to make 40 diodes to protect low supply and another 40 diodes to the coil ? help pls

Comment

• Originally posted by jonathan View Post
                          l did the plasma my problem is l have 40 kv l think l want to make 40 diodes to protect low supply and another 40 diodes to the coil ? help pls
                          Just follow the circuit. If you're running 40kv then you do need 40 1kv diodes (around 3amp as per Aaron to withstand the current surge)

You can buy some dirt cheap chinese diodes or go with big tesla coil diodes and you'll be fine I'd imagine.

Comment

• plasma

ok thanks to everyone l order new diode 5408 l try with them thanks a lot

Comment

• Check on ebay for some diodes. Not sure if how well they will hold up or work, but the price is right.

link here.

Comment

• HV diodes

jonathan, your problem with the diodes is because of the spark gap length.
                                The HV developed in the coil is strictly dependent on the air that has to be jumped.
                                Small air spark gap needs few KV to be jumped, so as the HV in coil rises, when it reaches the needed amount, it will jump the air gap, resulting in a spark.

From what I have read, it needs 1KV to jump each mm of an air gap, in open air.

Conclusion: use smaller gaps when doing tests, so your ordinary diodes will resist longer.
                                Real PEACE from the Prince of Peace: Jesus Christ!

Comment

Working...
                                X