Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy HHO results with a modified bedini

Hi guys!

I just got some crazy hho output with the bedini charger (modified of course). Now the modification is the strangest part. I'm no pro, but I like to tinker and try different things. I have a bifilar toroid choke for both the positive and negative, and haven't tried without that but I'm sure the results should be about the same.

So I stumbled on the phenomenon by accident. I was trying to measure amp draw with my cheapie meter. I set it to the 10A setting and changed the probe to the appropriate connector. I then started connecting it in various places and noticed that the fan slowed/quit moving on certain spots, and then I tried hooking the positive end to the positive tube and the negative end to the negative input source.

So my input is 19v @ 90 watts (that's whats listed anyway) and the meter while hooked up shows 1.8 on the screen so I'm assuming 1.8 amps. I re-confirmed the input voltage on my analogue meter to be about 19 volts. As I was trying to connect the probes I heard a strange noise, and lo and behold the hydrogen production went from tiny little bubbles to boiling water! I confirmed (with ringing in my ears) that it is indeed HHO by burning a very large bubble. So is this really high hho output at around 40 watts? By the way, the fan will not turn in this mode. And there is no cap pulser on the back end. Just a straight connection to the tubes.

I'm busy at the moment with other things so I can't make a video yet but any comments welcome. I thought I'd share because anyone with one of those cheapie digital meters can try this.

Now for some extra testing I did... This is the weirdest part. I made the gap on my stainless very small and so i was pulling the tubes out of the water to try to see if the amp draw would go down, but to my surprise it went up. In fact when I pulled it out of the water I heard a loud hiss as if the water was really boiling hard then the gauge went off the scale so I quickly put it back in the water to not burn out the fuse. This is the craziest part. I started seeing white arcing at one point under the water so I chickened out and disconnected the test probe, waited a few seconds and plugged it back in... then the high level production resumed.

By the way, this was all done with regular tap water. I'll have to try with distilled water sometime, but like I said I'm so busy with other stuff.

Thanks for the interest!

Well forget the 'crazy' results lol.

Turns out the municipal water where I live is rock hard. (who needs electrolyte?)

It just dawned on me that the meter completed the direct circuit and sure enough I tried some of my filtered drinking water and guess what? No HHO

So the moral of this thread is... check your household water! I'm so glad I don't drink that stuff, but regrettably have to shower in it.

I will report that with the impedance matching charger I was able to get some production with the same filtered water though, but it was with a very small input. I might go back to that method and try with the bigger power supply.

Ah I feel like a newbie

Comment

Yeah but... !
      Your supply water is so messed up that you can ignite it ! lol
      I have no idea, just seemed such a fascinating thing that went on at your place...and immediate thoughts were of testing your household supply to reproduce the effect with filtered water, back engineer the stuff outta the pipes. As I say, I know nothing about it,but if you can get decent production from small inputs, isn't that what folks are looking for, no matter what and how ?

Comment

I'm with Slider on this, it's sounds like you were getting very significant gas output from a small amount of power. And the sparking underwater??? Years back I did some cold fusion replications and it takes significant power to get underwater plasma. I'd be surprised if you'd get much from 90 watts.

If your power calculations are correct, which is a big if, you may still have found an efficient electrolysis with electrolyte. Double check your power calculations and post a vid!

Comment

Originally posted by Slider2732 View Post
          Yeah but... !
          Your supply water is so messed up that you can ignite it ! lol
          I have no idea, just seemed such a fascinating thing that went on at your place...and immediate thoughts were of testing your household supply to reproduce the effect with filtered water, back engineer the stuff outta the pipes. As I say, I know nothing about it,but if you can get decent production from small inputs, isn't that what folks are looking for, no matter what and how ?

lol I guess you're right. I wondered about trying to measure the output of the gas, but I don't have anything to do that unfortunately.

The best I ever got for no electrolyte and reverse osmosis filtered water was with the bedini impedance matching charger but I only tried a 12 volt and about 200ma input. It still gave me bubbles believe it or not... But I have a weird coil I wound as a solenoid with 2 layers of 24 gauge at about 300 turns on 1 1/2 inch abs pipe. I also have about 7 layers of 34 gauge at 900 turns each on there, so I tried different combinations. I think the key is using the impedance matching charger and using high voltage input. Stan talked about 5 watt input but I think the average joe will be hard pressed to get anywhere near that. Heck even a 200 watt input with no electrolyte and high gas production would be incredible!

Comment

Originally posted by skaght View Post
            I'm with Slider on this, it's sounds like you were getting very significant gas output from a small amount of power. And the sparking underwater??? Years back I did some cold fusion replications and it takes significant power to get underwater plasma. I'd be surprised if you'd get much from 90 watts.

If your power calculations are correct, which is a big if, you may still have found an efficient electrolysis with electrolyte. Double check your power calculations and post a vid!
            Well my power input is coming from a 90 watt laptop power pack. 19 volts at around 4.5 amps or so. But I can also get the same effect from the 18 volt drill battery pack. That thing can put out some serious power but again the meter didn't go over 2 amps.

I might be able to replicate it... I should go try. Now to find the video camera lol. I swear if I can get that white arcing on tape I'll be happy. Who knows, maybe they've already started adding lithium to our water?

Comment

Is Hard water bad?

Our water is very hard too. It messes the pipes up, and destroyed our geyser. There was a huge calcium buildup in our geyser.
              It also seems to affect our washing machine and dishwasher. Soap doesn't dissolve properly in it.

But is it bad to clean yourself with it? Any side effects?
              ‎"It's all in the MIND"

Comment

Well just went to check it again and it's not too impressive. Water heats up but it does create those white sparks. When it happened at first it seemed more spectacular but is just due to the gap being very small between the tubes. The brown muck being created is pretty disgusting too. What a terrible way to make HHO. Seems like the bifilar chokes reduced my amp draw from about 2 amps to 1.2 amps or so. I guess they do work. And the gas production seemed to stay about the same too.

Comment

Working...
                X