Originally posted by soundiceuk
View Post
McMaster-Carr
This forum is preserved as a permanent archive. The community continues at eMedia Press.
o idea. What if there was an inverse ramp on the inner diameter pulling the weights in with no impact. I think that the impact and friction kill the 7:00 idea, because your taking away from the extra power caused by the swing in the 1 to 3 area. Maybe a few strategically placed neo's to pull the metal hanging weight in, with no added friction? this would possibly help the torque factor. Also, The bike tire would definitly be better. Think of how a tennis ball machine or base ball machine works. When a solid object(such as a baseball), hits the tire/launch mechanism, the relatively low speed of the tire/flywheel practically spits out the ball. I think a low pressure in the bike tire actually would help this effect. the nylon rod issue is confusing. I think a solid rod is the way to go, I don't understand why Mikhail used nylon.
o idea. What if there was an inverse ramp on the inner diameter pulling the weights in with no impact. I think that the impact and friction kill the 7:00 idea, because your taking away from the extra power caused by the swing in the 1 to 3 area. Maybe a few strategically placed neo's to pull the metal hanging weight in, with no added friction? this would possibly help the torque factor. Also, The bike tire would definitly be better. Think of how a tennis ball machine or base ball machine works. When a solid object(such as a baseball), hits the tire/launch mechanism, the relatively low speed of the tire/flywheel practically spits out the ball. I think a low pressure in the bike tire actually would help this effect. the nylon rod issue is confusing. I think a solid rod is the way to go, I don't understand why Mikhail used nylon.


© 2007–2026 A & P Electronic Media and its licensors · posts © their authors · Copyright & Archive Policy

Comment