This forum is preserved as a permanent archive. The community continues at eMedia Press.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scaling up Voltage from Tate Power Module

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Scaling up Voltage from Tate Power Module

    I've built a basic Tate power module and am drawing small amounts of voltage, depending on the antenna and grounds used. Right now, I've got a sheet of aluminum foil covered in plastic lamination on both sides as an antenna. Ground connection runs outside to steel rod in earth outside the house.

    I'm going to try different configurations for scaling up the voltage using germanium diodes and capacitors, perhaps similar to a Cockroft-Walton voltage multiplier. I realize there's probably no current in this, and pulling less than 100 millivolts (which can be tweaked and improved).

    If anyone has any thoughts, feel free to chime in. I'll try a few things and report back.
    Bob
    Last edited by Bob Smith; 02-23-2015, 07:21 PM. Reason: Changed "less than 100 milliamps" (I wish) to "millivolts"

  • #2
    Originally posted by Bob Smith View Post
    I've built a basic Tate power module and am drawing small amounts of voltage, depending on the antenna and grounds used. Right now, I've got a sheet of aluminum foil covered in plastic lamination on both sides as an antenna. Ground connection runs outside to steel rod in earth outside the house.

    I'm going to try different configurations for scaling up the voltage using germanium diodes and capacitors, perhaps similar to a Cockroft-Walton voltage multiplier. I realize there's probably no current in this, and pulling less than 100 milliamps (which can be tweaked and improved).

    If anyone has any thoughts, feel free to chime in. I'll try a few things and report back.
    Bob
    The Tate power module was one of the first things I built, it produced little except during thunderstorm weather conditions. This obviously has its dangers. The Cockroft Walton device and the Tate have a basic flaw in that their design has multiple capacitors that will all have high losses. We know that placing an inductor in each part of the circuit can negate these losses but this then introduces a new problem. It will tune the circuit to a given frequency thus disallowing other frequencies from being efficiently collected.

    As small caps and diodes are very cheap, I suppose we could have multiple circuits to catch a wider range of frequency.

    As both these devices raise voltage and loose current, maybe it would be more beneficial to start with low voltage and high current such as we find in earth currents. the problem here is that much bigger wire will be required and a greater initial cost.

    Comment


    • #3
      Relevant post from Duncan on Franco Malgarini's Crystal Radio thread:
      Originally posted by Duncan View Post
      http://www.energeticforum.com/215834-post1.htmlhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhuSn6sc7scCapacitor electric Charger power from the air

      you decide ,I wouldn't like to bet against Nikki doing anything much. from an acorn giant oaks grow perhaps from a crystal set too kind regards Duncan

      Comment


      • #4
        I have heard similar stories as a child from my uncle, he was a tv engineer and operated a Hallicrafters 80M transceiver for years, he got me into messing with electrical experiments at age six and thats when I built my first crystal set. I had many hours of fun with that. at age 12 he gave me his Hallicrafters transceiver, a big black thing that weighed a ton this is where my interest in electrical phenomenon began.It was 30+ years later when I started to experiment again and built the Tate module. It would take a day or two to build up 2 or 3 volts in a 63uf capacitor but during a thunder storm it would rise to 50+ volts in minutes.

        Here is the picture of a Hallicrafters unit, I wish I still had it.

        Comment


        • #5
          Joe Tate: Ambient Power Module

          I am not much impressed with the rush to get into volts and amps in the REX write up still that aside It brought to mind this video

          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5lV5GT2o1MMoray Valve Manuscript - Nu Energy â„¢ Research Archivehttp://www.syscoil.org/medias/pdf/do...rgy_system.pdf

          regarding the Tate power device and its clones we are considering systems that demonstrably work (however feeble they may seem) however history tells us huge amounts of energy are available from similar systems alas the pieces of these jig saws have been cast asunder and some well hidden whilst red herrings abound.
          As Mbrownn noted natural ground current could be measured in KA but how to get hold of it ? Prof EPD tells us if we do but take the time to listen carefully and he in turn is translating Tesla lend an ear from 1M30 > in this clip

          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5ZWrjcrPl4https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1eE13UXAKsWhen you hear the sulphate crystals buzzing and crackling inside the battery, you know something amazing (and kind of scary) is happening.

          Is from this web page http://www.johnsavesenergy.com/Capac...l#.VOkwEFLyHoY

          kind regards Duncan
          Last edited by Duncan; 02-22-2015, 10:09 AM.
          Whatever you can do,or dream you can,begin it.Boldness has genius,power and magic in it.Begin it now.

          Comment


          • #6
            Hi Mbrownn,
            That transceiver looks like a beauty. If we only knew what we had sometimes... My wife doesn't feel that way about my treasures, but as long as I keep them confined to one room...
            Bob

            Comment


            • #7
              Duncan,
              Thanks for your post and the links you provided. I'll go thru them today. They look familiar, but the one thing I've found is that when watching some of these videos, there's always some new insight to be gained, especially when it's EPD presenting.

              The way I understand it, series resonance dovetails quite nicely with the open system concept. Would you agree?

              Regarding the Tate Power Module, I think it's just a start. As you say, the vast reservoir is out there, but at the initial stages of harvesting this stochastic resonance or sea of energy, we're only able to get small amounts of voltage, as MBrownn pointed out (with the exception of thunderstorm time).

              But I think the TPM, or some variation on it, can give us enough voltage to proceed....

              So what might this entail?
              I'd suggest something to amplify the voltage - something as simple as say, a Joule Thief. I think Larskro is the latest to produce an extremely low voltage JT (35mV). See video here:


              I believe There are things that can be done to amplify this voltage in turn, and then provide a means to draw in energy from the electrostatic environment to provide the necessary current, but more about that later. Hint: Don Smith thread.

              Bob

              Comment


              • #8
                @Duncan, thanks for the info, ill have to try and understand Eric D more, problem is he leaves me waaaay behind hehehe.

                @ Bob, Yes it was a real radio hehehe It took two of us to carry it. Women generally just dont understand guys "things" how we can be so interested in a bit of wire.

                The problem as I see it is that capacitors are just too lossy, even if we put an inductance in there with its gains we only end up at break even. We have to find a way to replace the capacitance with an inductance and then we will be really cooking.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Whatever you can do,or dream you can,begin it.Boldness has genius,power and magic in it.Begin it now.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    After Eric Dollard was back into lab there seemed to be some progress mostly in small pieces here and there. Because everyone was making small contributions a general theme around tesla's work was evident.

                    I would like to point to one experiment in particular however there were many others. April 2014 is about a year back I felt the thread as a whole was going somewhere.



                    Comment


                    • #11
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvJAgrUBF4w
                      Whatever you can do,or dream you can,begin it.Boldness has genius,power and magic in it.Begin it now.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        @ Duncan, Excellent post, its really got me thinking

                        longitudinal waves, i.e. pressure waves like we have in sound are the thing I understand best. It is the transverse wave that requires more thought and understanding.

                        Ill use your analogy of slapping the water in the pool. When you slap the water a longitudinal wave of pressure propagates out in all directions but this is not what we see. We see the transverse wave of the ripples spreading out on the surface. These waves appear to be the water moving outwards when in fact the water stays in its approximate position and oscillating up and down.

                        The transverse wave is at 90 degrees to the longitudinal force applied.

                        It is interesting that the oscillation of the water is in the same plane as the longitudinal wave. A bit like AC current in a wire when compared to DC

                        Could you explain the transverse wave wave better? do you have a better analogy? Does AC have transverse and longitudinal properties and how do we differentiate between them? Have I got all this mixed up?

                        I believe you are correct in that most of us mix transverse and longitudinal when we think about waveforms.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          The way I understand it, transverse electromagnetic (TEM) waves are of varying lengths, and traverse distances in space and over time from origin to their various destinations where they are received/absorbed/deflected.

                          Longitudinal magneto-dielectric waves are not really waves. Rather, they are vectors which influence bodies without traversing distance or time. Rather, as I understand them, they influence bodies through counterspace, in a fashion which is instantaneous and does not lose strength, because they are not passing through space or the delay of time.

                          There's that classic demo of EPD (I think) and someone else holding 2 ends of a rope. When one end sends a ripple thru the rope by quickly raising and lowering it, the analogy to a TEM wave is created. When EPD pulls the end of the rope, it instantaneously pulls the fellow at the other end; if it were a rod, you could push or pull from one end and feel the effect without attenuation (minus losses in the rod, but this is only an analogy).

                          I think the key to tapping this vast reservoir that frosts our battery leads with endothermic electrical phenomena is FREQUENCY.

                          So... As far as scaling up the Tate Power Module, it's not just a question of adding more caps and diodes. It's about taking the small amount of charge it gathers and getting it to oscillate in tandem with the right coils at the right frequency.

                          Now, if we're not using a TPM, another oscillator could be run from a lead acid battery thru the right coils to produce the same effect, I believe.

                          Bob

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Last edited by Duncan; 02-24-2015, 09:36 PM.
                            Whatever you can do,or dream you can,begin it.Boldness has genius,power and magic in it.Begin it now.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Thanks for the posts, Duncan. I'm still chewing on them, enjoying the taste

                              Thought I'd throw out some related gems from EPD - basically a transcript (as best I could do) of the video I link right below. Might be worth opening in a separate window and reading - some real great points of clarification on what's of Tesla and what has been fabricated and put in its place. Duncan, I think it ties in with some of what you're saying.


                              OK, the apparatus for establishing these lines of induction has, of course, taken on the name, Tesla Magnifying Transmitter. By definition, the TMT is a system of resonant transformers harmonically balanced to the electric condition of the earth. Also, the monopolar nature of the TMT greatly facilitates the departure of energy from the apparatus and into the environment. When you experiment with a resonating coil, you find that all your magnetism then appears at one end and all your dielectricity appears at the other end, and you have a difference(?) in these electrical discharges which occur off the end of this... which will occur back to the point at which they started from. And you can hook a radio frequency watt meter or amp meter or whatever you want here and there'll be actual initiation of very heavy flows of energy, all of which are reflected back to the coil, except that utilized by the load.

                              OK, so what we have here as an operating principle is the Tesla Magnifying Transmitter... Odd function resonance, which basically boils down to quarter wave resonance.. We have the principle known as the virtual ground. So what the coil does,...

                              Faraday found that if you take magnetic flux and change the quantity of it with respect to time, it produces what's called an electromotive force, which we now give the name VOLTage. It has become known as the Law of Electromagnetic Induction. Basically in English, the EMF with magnitude, E, is directly proportional to the total number of lines of induction imposed in the conducting system and this is proportional to the length of time required to produce or consume the applied induction.

                              This is how they mark the beginning of our knowledge of transformer theory. Also, Faraday discovered, didn't discover, but basically developed, the lines of force situation for what are called electrostatic charges and coined the word, "dielectric" lines of induction. This is to be considered as a complementary field to the magnetic lines of induction. In Experimental Researches of Faraday, greatly impressed, he was very influential ...[garbled] ... the minds... of James Clerk Maxwell and James J. Thompson. Maxwell sought to translate Faraday's Experimental Researches into more Mathematical form to facilitate understanding and working with these. In the process, Maxwell discovered that complementary Law of Dielectric Induction, which states, your lines of dielectric force compared to the time it takes to produce or consume 'em, develop what's called a displacement current, which we now only give the name, "Amperes" to.

                              Now this displacement current differs from inductive quality of wires in closed circuits in space. Again, this is... [garbled] ... displacement current. The key and the most fundamental problem that we have in dealing with Tesla's work is we've ignored the dielectric field; we've ignored the displacement current that flows through space and substituted electrons and particles and other things which are supposed to flow through the wires, which is absolutely impossible - the wire is solid - and it's just completely left our understanding of Tesla out of the picture.

                              OK, so what we have here, in operating principles, odd function resonance, which basically boils down to the quarter wave resonance...
                              Hope you guys enjoy it.
                              Bob
                              Last edited by Bob Smith; 02-25-2015, 01:48 AM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X