This forum is preserved as a permanent archive. The community continues at eMedia Press.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

High Voltage Bicycle Ride?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • High Voltage Bicycle Ride?



    After a day of studying alternative energy, I took a bike ride with my wife. There is a nice? path near a mason lodge with high tension wires overhead. Its basically a greened out, paved, high tension track.

    I was riding in a fashion to be insulated from the metal bits of my bike, just rubber soles on pedals and hands on rubber grips. My finger was barely touching the handle brake which was metal, and I felt a very familiar unexpected feeling! Voltage. If I grabbed any metal, the feeling would dissapear, and I would only feel it when I barely touched metal. So the people who ride with their hands fully on the brake would never feel this.

    The feeling intensified as I stood up, halved when I was sitting, and stopped when I left the bike path.

    The sparks must have been 1/2 to 1/4 of a MM, all I saw was a white dot between my bike and my finger. Soo, maybe 1500 or less volts. I want to take my multimeter with me next time.

    a SHOCKING discovery, no?
    But seriously I am concerned. When I o-scope probe my finger, I natrually resonate at ~55 hz. Grid coupling. Its disgusting. So as a grid coupled capacitor under high tension lines, it is not surprising that voltage is transferred between a metal antenna mass and the resonating capacitor.

    My wife felt it too. Its just magic to her though.

    Anyone have any thoughts?

    That path must have over 300 recreational people use it a day, maybe more. I would imagine that pacemakers would not like that place one bit.
    Is this safe?

    Do I -NEED- a Violet Ray Crystal Resonator to get me to resonate at a non-grid freq? or can I "do it yourself" make some circuit to help? I cant escape the grid lines at all.

    Also, I was thinking about some device that I could make to get power from that. Something quick that I can use as a demonstration, like a LED board hooked to a giant cap with rectifying diodes and an antenna.

    This thread might also apply to the health & wellness section......

    Please leave your thoughts.
    Thankyou.
Working...
X