This forum is preserved as a permanent archive. The community continues at eMedia Press.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KMD - Kehyo's Magnetic Disruptor

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • KMD - Kehyo's Magnetic Disruptor

    Hi.

    As of 11.1.11 I am starting my new project of a motionless electromagnetic generator. I will be disrupting magnetic field of a permanent magnet placed within a Rodin coil wound on toroidal core made from ferrofluid. This core material will provide almost no hysteresis lossess to a high voltage pulse and it will respond to high frequencies of switching carrying magnetic mometum along the N-S axis and at 90 deg. around the toroidal core... I'm going to make ferrofluid first and then I plan to construct the core's shell from fiber glass stripe and some resin to form multilayered laminate on a wax donut model...

    My logo for this project incorporates the starting date and somewhat resembles the device... :]_.o0



    OK. So, here it is:



    The idea is as follows: when a Rodin coil is not being energized the magnetic flux is focused within the closed loop core (4), fixed around a permanent magnet (1). When a Rodin coil (2) is energized it creates a twisted magnetic field gradient around it and saturates the donut core inside (3) at 90 deg. angle. It affects the closed loop core in such a way that the field from a permanent magnet now has to find some other route. The inner part of a Rodin coil (wires close to the permanent magnet) creates magnetic field of the same orientation as permanent magnet's field. So those two vectors add up an now the lines of force go through the core in the shape of a triangle with a powerful magnetic momentum, inducing voltage in the output coils (5) of that core. Then we stop the current flowing through a Rodin coil and the system seeks equilibrium state finding the shortest routes to balance itself. Closed loop core's particles rotate back 90 deg., which induces voltage on the output coil (5) around the outer edge of a Rodin coil.
    Last edited by kEhYo77; 01-15-2011, 08:10 PM. Reason: diagram added

  • #2
    Sweeeeet! Can't wait to see it!

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by kEhYo77 View Post
      Hi.

      I plan to construct the core's shell from fiber glass stripe and some epoxy to form multilayered laminate on a wax donut model...

      I might not be understanding what you are saying, but fiberglass and epoxy
      do not usually work well together.

      FRC

      Comment


      • #4
        fiberglass and epoxy do not usually work well together
        Don't worry, a friend of mine makes laminated crane cabins, I don't know the kind of binding agent I am going to use but it is not a problem. I am in the process of modeling my device in 3D so you will see what it is about soon.

        Comment


        • #5
          So what do you think about it? I might generate some unusual effects at resonance.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by kEhYo77 View Post
            So what do you think about it? I might generate some unusual effects at resonance.
            Can you explain your thoughts on the purpose and workings of the permanent magnet? Which coils are the input/pulse coils? Have you taken into account that the Rodin winding forces 1 pole to be entirely tucked away in the center and the other all around the outside? Did you know the clockwise or anticlockwise orientation of the Rodin coil affects the polarity? Do you intend the ferrofluid to maintain and build momentum, or periodically reverse direction?

            I like the look of it, but you didn't tell us much about it's intended operation.

            Comment


            • #7

              Comment


              • #8

                Because one picture is worth a thousand words...
                Last edited by kEhYo77; 02-13-2011, 03:18 PM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I built this today... It is a beta version ready for testing. It lights up 2 ><LEDs at the 2 output coils when 12V is applied to all 4 input coils at once. This indicates that the output core section magnetises and demagnetises while pulsing DC in one direction only, which is a GOOd sign! There will be strong kickback from 4 input coils when the magnet closes the loop after the pulse. What is interesting at this moment is that when input polarity is reversed it still lights up those LEDs...

                  Comment


                  • #10

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Today I was browsing through google patent database and look what I've found:
                      Magnetic Power Converter
                      it looks like this one is based on my idea from Feb 2011, what do you think about it?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by FRC View Post
                        I might not be understanding what you are saying, but fiberglass and epoxy
                        do not usually work well together.

                        FRC
                        Basically all boat hulls (fiberglass) are made with fiberglass mat and epoxy so I'm not sure what you are referring to there AFAIK that's essentially to core ingredients for most boats as well as fiberglass car bodies (like Corvettes had when the dropped the metal bodies).
                        There is no important work, there are only a series of moments to demonstrate your mastery and impeccability. Quote from Almine

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by kEhYo77 View Post
                          Today I was browsing through google patent database and look what I've found:
                          Magnetic Power Converter
                          it looks like this one is based on my idea from Feb 2011, what do you think about it?
                          Looks close enough that you might want to write the patent office to let them know this is open source or that it is prior art.
                          There is no important work, there are only a series of moments to demonstrate your mastery and impeccability. Quote from Almine

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X