George Wiseman uses this same technology in his HHO systems.
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
No Galvanic Isolation - High Risk? 120VDC Power Supply
Collapse
X
-
So you believe this capacitive transformer is in fact what gives you the isolation? I see that it is two capacitors before the bridge. Or is it the full wave bridge rectification, forcing both hot sides of AC to one side of DC that makes it safe? Sorry, just trying to clarify. Indeed I have no desire to add a 30 lb transformer if uneccesary - I just want there to be no added risk to the design.Originally posted by SilverToGold View PostGeorge Wiseman uses this same technology in his HHO systems.
Which part of the circuit behaves in an isolating manner.
Thanks----------------------------------------------------
Alberta is under attack... http://rethinkalberta.com/
Has anyone seen my Bedini Ceiling Fan that pushes the warm air down, and charges batteries as an added bonus? Me neither. 'Bout time I made one!!!!! :P
Comment
-
I don't believe it acts like an isolation transformer. I am just saying this is the system George uses. If you are concerned about safety about liquids and electricity, use a ground fault interrupter built into your circuit. I think that would solve your problem and keep your weight and cost down.
Comment
-
Thanks. My main area for concern is while a person can ultimately be very careful and not touch anything theyshouldn't, etc, etc, at the end of the day you are talking about a device that is prone to spontanious failure/leaking which could, ultimately change everything at any given moment.Originally posted by SilverToGold View PostI don't believe it acts like an isolation transformer. I am just saying this is the system George uses. If you are concerned about safety about liquids and electricity, use a ground fault interrupter built into your circuit. I think that would solve your problem and keep your weight and cost down.----------------------------------------------------
Alberta is under attack... http://rethinkalberta.com/
Has anyone seen my Bedini Ceiling Fan that pushes the warm air down, and charges batteries as an added bonus? Me neither. 'Bout time I made one!!!!! :P
Comment

Comment