This forum is preserved as a permanent archive. The community continues at eMedia Press.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Neurophone?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Neurophone?

    I was looking up information on Pat Flanagan's Neurophone, wanting to build one cheaply on my own (instead of his $100-$800 models) when I came across this sentence:
    Originally posted by Rick Anderson
    Later embodiments of his device appear to be based on the observation that our neural systems are set up to receive and decode external stimuli as sharp, transient spikes which represent a conversion of smoothly-varying analog sound pressure waves into time-coded "digital" nerve impulses.
    Just reading "transient" made my mind jump directly to Eric Dollard, since he's the only person I ever hear use that word. I was wondering if anyone had any idea if there's any connection between the neurophone & his method for making tesla coil speakers?

    Also; if anyone had advice on making a neurophone without a TL494 I'd greatly appreciate it.

  • #2
    New Neurophone

    Originally posted by Dingus View Post
    I was looking up information on Pat Flanagan's Neurophone, wanting to build one cheaply on my own (instead of his $100-$800 models) when I came across this sentence:
    Just reading "transient" made my mind jump directly to Eric Dollard, since he's the only person I ever hear use that word. I was wondering if anyone had any idea if there's any connection between the neurophone & his method for making tesla coil speakers?

    Also; if anyone had advice on making a neurophone without a TL494 I'd greatly appreciate it.
    Phisciences - Patrick Flanagan $99 model coming if there's enough interest.
    Sincerely,
    Aaron Murakami

    Books, Videos, ESTC Conference Info, Blog, etc. https://emediapress.com

    Comment


    • #3
      Yes, I've heard. I can't imagine that new model being of any interest, since I hear his current $800 model being poor quality & prone to overheating as is. I can only imagine his newer model would place more emphasis on bone-conducting ultrasound effect than on the purely electrical effect the early models supposedly used. His 'real' models supposedly used copper covered with mylar as electrodes, yet his past several models use piezos, needing to be placed on or near the head, which defeats many of my reasons for wanting it in the first place.

      Another quote I read that reminded me of Eric's work:
      Originally posted by Patrick Flanagan
      The head and its distributed dielectric qualities was the dielectric of a higher voltage capacitor! Since the left and right Neurophone electrode signals were 180 degrees out of phase with respect to each other, the EM signals canceled each other somewhere in the middle of the head. Since the EM signals canceled we had a powerful scalar vector left over right where we wanted it, inside the brain!

      Comment


      • #4
        Interesting idea. "Living things inside a CIG" sounds like the Lakhovsky oscillator version that Eric developed, with the twin coils.

        I looked up the Neurophone, and the following comment suggests you may be on to something:

        Comment


        • #5
          I've never noticed similarities between it & the hairpin circuit, not to say there aren't any, but I haven't seen any neurophone schematics other than that one using the TL494. Maybe it is just a version of Eric's MWO with amplitude &/or pulse-width modulated input that uses skin electrodes instead of the antenna. I was actually thinking of asking Eric about the neurophone in my latest letter, but I figured he'd have nothing to say about it.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re-incarnation?

            Originally posted by Dingus View Post
            I was actually thinking of asking Eric about the neurophone in my latest letter, but I figured he'd have nothing to say about it.
            Tesla, Energy, & Reincarnation - Shows - Coast to Coast AM
            "Doesn't matter how many times you kick the coyote in the head, it's still gonna eat chickens". - EPD

            Comment


            • #7
              I've looked all over & I can't find anything where Eric comments on Flanagan. Not to say he hasn't, just that I haven't found it.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Dingus View Post
                I've looked all over & I can't find anything where Eric comments on Flanagan. Not to say he hasn't, just that I haven't found it.
                Last edited by Sputins; 06-24-2014, 02:05 AM.
                "Doesn't matter how many times you kick the coyote in the head, it's still gonna eat chickens". - EPD

                Comment


                • #9
                  Personally, even Eric is far too on the new-age for me, but I see the value in some of his work, same goes for Flanagan. At least with Eric I can respect that he hasn't turned it into an obvious money-making scheme.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Looks like he upped the price to $400. But at least now the shyster only selling them for 8 times what the parts are worth.
                    And it seems his crowd-funding campaign has been funded in a single day: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/n...itation-device

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I did some Excel calculations to see if those "private" donations were tipping the scale on that crowdfunder. Of 361 donations with listed donation amounts, those donations total $97,769 with an average donation of $270.82. Total raised as of writing is $100,502.

                      Either his social media man has a massive collection of credit cards or it's legit.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I suspected as much too, but remember that he's been promoting the "new" $100 Neurophone for at least the past 4 months with a facebook page & an email mailing list before the crowdfunder even started, so he might have had some idea of how much people were willing to pay even before the donations even started. From there he could set the bar just low enough to guarantee the goal would be met.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Dingus View Post
                          I was actually thinking of asking Eric about the neurophone in my latest letter, but I figured he'd have nothing to say about it.
                          Did you ever get a chance to ask Eric about the Neurophone?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I meant to, but it's something I never really got around to doing. I considered writing him a letter, but never quite knew what to say or how to say it.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X