Originally posted by jstadwater
View Post
I do not believe that you will get the high voltage that you are looking for in the alternator unless you rewire the stator. I have rewired a Delco stator to achieve high voltage and it is possible, but what you get is three phase AC. I have tapped the stator both ways and with the factory stator you will get approximately 9 to 11 volts AC out of each phase and once you run it through the rectifier you get your 12 to 14 VDC. On my rewired stator (using 26awg wire) I can achieve 150 vdc at approximately 2000 RPM's at the alternator. It would be possible to utilize a rewired alternator but I would see two problems,
1. You need the room to mount it
2. The voltage increases at the RPM's increase.
I'm not sure if this would be the best solution, but if you would like to know how to do it then I would be glad to explain it to you.
Just my 2 cents but who knows I could be wrong.
What does every one else think?
LapperL

I used an induction digital amp meter clamped over various feed wires while operating. It showed less than 2 amps being drawn from battery at any rpm. The readings on the feed wires from the inverter (after isolation transformer) to the tripler circuit were only .56 amps for either wire. Output after the tripler circuit only showed a .22 amp draw. I am having a hard time understanding why the inverter can't handle this small of a load! It is a 1000 watt inverter for pete's sake! I'm almost ready to try to tap the alternator for my high voltage. If I can't get reliable operation from this circuit using an inverter, it's time to FIND a source that will be reliable. The mentioned amp draw readings were taken while rotating distributor at 4,300 rpm, but the inverter only hangs on without "crying" at 2,200 rpm for a few minutes longer than the higher rpm. Anyone know the correct way to utilize the alternator tap before the regulator to set this up with that high voltage? Any help would be appreciated, I'm about to kick this inverter across the parking lot.
thanks for sharing that.
I don't really mind if there is a little where just wanna prove the MPG like you(concept of spark and booster), and i think we would get good results with wouter's booster. Will set it up tonight (Rev's) and post later to take your mind of that. Cheer up man, i am thinking now we should just make the custom inverters probably cheaper
.
Comment