Lockridge Device - Peter Lindemann

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• prony brake almost set up

I had some time to spend in the garage and got the adapter and pulley done(it had 5 ribs on it that I machined down smooth). I was woundering if I really need two scales like the video shows, or would a plain spring work? I found some spring scales on ebay, the only fish ones I see in the stores are 50lbs. Anyway here are some pics.
    Peace rawbush

Comment

• pault

Originally posted by pault View Post
      Might it not be possible to employ the BEMF to generate a little more "pull" by arranging another coil on the recovery brushes instead of a battery/cap? Then drain the secondary recovery pulse into a set of brushes 2 sections away?

pt
      pault this sounds like a very good idea. Do not know if it will work, but if it does,
      would be great.

FRC

Comment

• Originally posted by pault View Post
        I really appreciate your feedback!
        ....@Matt: I'm not using the stick method (I haven't figured out what it is, yet :-). I'm using the two springs and a strip of leather method. Pull both springs upwards and slow the motor down, then take readings. I think that you are suggesting that I focus on different RPM's and create a graph of the results. Yes? I need better resolution to do this.
        I've got an accurate kitchen scale. I'm thinking of weighing it down with some know weight, then rigging the ropes and friction in such a way as to slow the motor down by pulling against the weight on the scale, then read the scale. The amount of weight would be the difference between the starting (no load) and friction weights...
        pt
        Ya you need to know at what rpm the motor puts out the most amount of torque. For these motor its most likely going to balance out at high rpm rate.
        The setup you need to try is like MBrown suggested. Or you can go to wikipedia prony brake and look at the drawing.
        Make it real easy on yourself and add coupling on the shaft to make the shaft 1". Make sure the point the motor touch to the end of the stick is 1 ft. If you can it makes the math real simple.

You put this thing on. Then start tightening the bolt until you reach (For instance) 3000 rpms. And you scale may say your pulling 1 lbs. Mark that. Then tighten down to 2500 if you pulling 2 lbs at that point then Mark.
        Ect...Ect...
        Until you find the greatest amount of pounds for the highest amount of rpms
        then you do the math.

Rotary power (in pound-feet per second, lb·ft/s) = 2 x pi × lever length (in feet, ft) × revolutions per second × measured force (in pounds, lbs).
        Then figure your input power based on 746 watts per horsepower.

It should be real simple. Except actually building a pony break that works on high rpms.

SO you have another option if you have the parts.

Hook a stock to the modified motor via a flywheel.
        If your motor runs 3000 rpms at 72 volt 3 amp (216 watts). Your looking for your generator to make at least 80% or more. Assuming the motor you are using as a generator is 80% efficient you can then do the math on that and tell what your overall performance is.
        In this case you will want to slowly build the load onto the generator. These motors at 4500 rpms put out about 60 volt.
        If you add some series bulbs to as load, measure the amperage and them how much voltage is left on the poles of the generator you can deduce your total consumption not to RMS standard but close.
        So you put 2 series 12 volt 1 amp bulbs on the 60 volt connection and now your pulling 1 amp and you have say 36 volt left on the connection you know the bulb is pulling 24 volt at 1 amp. In reality it won't be so even. But you can add until either the motor cannot push the generator or is at a point that you want to be. 80% or above what your putting in the motor.
        This can tell you your horsepower as well.

Now reality the goal is to run this motor off the recovered and generated power. Right??? All the while running some lightbulbs from pure potential.

So the generator is going to have to be a real high voltage low amperage generator. This will work just like the motor on the BEMF scale. We will make alot of voltage and avoid making amperage.
        To get the need amperage to run the motor we'll cram this high voltage into a high farad lower voltage capacitor, and then feed it back to the motor.
        So why do i add this in?? To show you the output of the motor is only one variable. Once you know how much torque you have then you can design the given generator.

Most of us already have a good result from this motor, we just need to get past the point where we are concentrating on the given output of the motor and get onto building a generator that can convert the motor output to voltage. It does not matter so much that motor is some kind of (I hate the word) Overunity device. That is not really applicable until your are driving the generator. You just need to know how much torque you have available so that we can at some point start designing a generator that will run it.

We need to move ON, if you get my drift.

So do what you can, lets get some numbers and lets get going. So were not sitting around at a conference trying to figure out how some one else did when we couldn't.

Cheers
        Matt
        Last edited by Matthew Jones; 02-22-2011, 01:18 PM.

Comment

• Downloads Available

Hi folks,

You are all doing so well with this, learning what you need to learn in your own way. Keep up all of the great work. Also, my special thanks to Matt, Mark, Brian, Woopy, Pault, and others who are sharing your experimental results. You are all a great inspiration to me and to the Open Source community.

I just wanted to let you know, that the download versions of Electric Motor Secrets, Part 2, are now available, both as a video in WMV format, and as the original PowerPoint Presentation in a PDF file, with all of the slides and original talking notes from the lecture.

Some of you have been waiting for this, and I am sorry it has taken so long. Here is the link:

Free Energy, Products, Books and DVDs

Thank you all, again,
          Peter
          Last edited by Peter Lindemann; 02-22-2011, 05:48 PM.
          Peter Lindemann, D.Sc.

Open System Thermodynamics Perpetual Motion Reality Electric Motor Secrets
          Battery Secrets Magnet Secrets Tesla's Radiant Energy Real Rain Making
          Bedini SG: The Complete Handbook Series Magnetic Energy Secrets

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbush View Post
            ...I was woundering if I really need two scales like the video shows, or would a plain spring work?...
            I'm no expert, but it seems that one scale is always at 0, so substituting a spring should work.

pt

Comment

• Single winding note

When I wound my armature with a single winding, the result was that one slot was bulked up more than the other (volume-wise, not copper-wise).

The reason is that I slavishly went one turn right of the shaft, one turn left, and so on. I switched sides every time in the same slot. In the end, one slot contains all of the criss-crosses and the other contains none (and, hence, is laid more neatly and has lots of unused room left over).

I would suggest winding the single coil armature with some sort of 1 1/2 turn strategy, if that's possible, to even out the criss-crosses and, maybe getting to pack more turns into the whole thing.

pt

Comment

• same issue

The coils on my motor did the same thing as you explained. I've been thinking of other ways to wrap it that will get rid of that problem and allow for quite a bit more wire. I have also been looking around for some batteries, my proplem is everyone is charging a $10 core charge per battery. Hope to do some test soon, will keep you all posted.
                Peace rawbush

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbush View Post
                  The coils on my motor did the same thing as you explained. I've been thinking of other ways to wrap it that will get rid of that problem and allow for quite a bit more wire. I have also been looking around for some batteries, my proplem is everyone is charging a $10 core charge per battery. Hope to do some test soon, will keep you all posted.
                  Peace rawbush
                  Robush

Here is what I am using they're cheap and shipping is fast. Only $16 a piece.
                  12 VOLT 5 AH GEL CEL BATTERY | AllElectronics.com

Comment

• Thanks Mark, ordered 4 to start with.

Comment

• Gell Cells cause problems when you try to reformat them. Your better off with motorcycle or atv batteries. 24 dollars at walmart. Something with liquid in them.
                      They can always be conditioned, radiantly, and they hold up to the abuse better.

Matt

Comment

• 2 other cents for the eventually interested one

good luck at all

YouTube - shorting coil test 2 .wmv

Laurent

Comment

• New build for testing

Hi there to all , this is the motor ive built for some testing in this thread(will build some more aswell for testing).This one ive made here has adjustable brushes hence the two white notched discs so i can adjust on the fly. As you can see it has electro-magnets but ive put two magnets on two of them for now to test without the electro-magnet hooked up like a normal motor.The first little test i ran the motor from 20 to 60 volts in repulsion mode and it spun from 2500 to 15000 rpms depending on the voltage ,using one amp no matter the voltage with some good torque.When i get some more tests done so i can head in the right direction for what i want to achieve ill post some results if im wecome here to do so. anyway back to thinking and testing Jason Schmidt
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by N O G; 03-28-2011, 01:17 AM.

Comment

• Motor-Flywheel-Generator hooked up

@Laurent, Very interesting results. I think that will be my next project. Looks promising.

@Jason, Nice build! I like how you can adjust the brushes on the fly and able to see the inside while it's running.

Here's my latest video. All hooked up. Wish it wasn't so off-balanced. I'm thinking of shortening the chain and get everything a little closer together. I left all that room so I could put a bigger flywheel. Need to find a bigger well balanced flywheel since the other 1 foot diam. wooden flywheel I have is too unbalanced.

YouTube - Lockridge Replication Attempt - Motor-Generator-Flywheel 1st test

Brian

Comment

• forum talk

Thanks there Brian seems your into experiments to nice work . Ive done some tests a while ago and found that chains give lots of drag so efficiently will go down but you might have a reason though. (good videos on utube)

Comment

• Originally posted by n84dafun View Post
                                @Laurent, Very interesting results. I think that will be my next project. Looks promising.
                                @Jason, Nice build! I like how you can adjust the brushes on the fly and able to see the inside while it's running.
                                Here's my latest video. All hooked up. Wish it wasn't so off-balanced. I'm thinking of shortening the chain and get everything a little closer together. I left all that room so I could put a bigger flywheel. Need to find a bigger well balanced flywheel since the other 1 foot diam. wooden flywheel I have is too unbalanced.
                                YouTube - Lockridge Replication Attempt - Motor-Generator-Flywheel 1st test
                                Brian
                                So Brian, whats the generator kicking out? Thats the big number.

Good work
                                Matt

Comment

Working...
                                X