This forum is preserved as a permanent archive. The community continues at eMedia Press.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tesla microfilm letters

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • G Scherff 1 #0086-0087-0088-0089-0090

    G Scherff 1 #0086


    New York, July 6th, 1899.
    46 & 48 E. Houston Str..

    Nikola Tesla, Esq.,
    Colorado Springs, Colo.

    Dear Mr. Tesla:

    Mr. Uhlman reports that several parts of the second independent break, as the base, switch, brush-holder and pulley are nearing completion and that remaining castings will also soon be finished.

    I inclose three bills, one of them from the Okonite Company for the large reel used to wind on the heavy cable which was around the room. This reel was obtained with the understanding that it was to be returned and to be paid for only in case of damage or breakage. It seems, therefore, that this bill has been sent by a mistake.

    Respectfully,

    Geo. Scherff.

    __________________________________________________ __________________

    G Scherff 1 #0087


    New York, July 7th, 1899.
    46 & 48 E. Houston Str..

    Nikola Tesla, Esq.,
    Colorado Springs, Colo.

    Dear Mr. Tesla:

    The base and parts belonging thereto, as well as several minor parts of the break, Mr. Uhlman says, are now finished. The work on the break keeps all the men occupied.

    Among the mail obtained to-day at the Waldorf was, besides journals, a circular announcing the next meeting of the Amer. Electro-Theraputic association and the inclosed appeal for aid.

    Respectfully,

    Geo. Scherff.

    __________________________________________________ __________________

    G Scherff 1 #0088


    New York, July 8th, 1899.
    46 & 48 E. Houston Str.

    Nikola Tesla, Esq.,
    Colorado Springs, Colo.

    Dear Mr. Tesla:

    Mr. Uhlman says the parts of the second independent break which are finished up to date are the base, switch and all parts belonging to the base, also brush holders, pulley and cover. The remaining castings are nearly finished, and the armature, armature spider, commutator and disk are progressing rapidly.

    The mail to-day consisted of the inclosed notice and an inquiry about electrical oscillators.

    I send also a statement of the expenses for this week.

    Respectfully,

    Geo. Scherff.

    __________________________________________________ __________________

    G Scherff 1 #0089


    New York, July 11th, 1899.
    46 & 48 E. Houston Str..

    Mr. Nikola Tesla,
    Colorado Springs, Colo.

    Dear Mr. Tesla:

    Mr. Uhlman reports that the two clockworks will be ready for shipment to-morrow morning, and that, as all the instrument makers are occupied on them, the work on the independent break is temporarily delayed.

    The inclosed note from Mr. Lagelouze was just received. I have acknowledged its receipt to him and written that it would be immediately forwarded.

    I send inclosed the telephone bill for this month.

    Permit me also to call your attention to the rent for July, for which no check was sent.

    Respectfully,

    Geo. Scherff.

    __________________________________________________ __________________

    G Scherff 1 #0090


    New York, July 12th, 1899.
    46 & 48 E. Houston Str..

    Nikola Tesla, Esq.,
    Colorado Springs, Colo.

    Dear Mr. Tesla:

    The two clockworks have been sent off to-day, and all the men are now working again on the independent break. The winding of the magnets, which was temporarily delayed so as to rush the clockworks, will be finished to-morrow, Mr. Uhlman thinks, and he says he will test the speed of the motor as soon as possible.

    The mail of to-day contained, besides the inclosed letter and bill, an appeal for aid from Rev. J. H. McCullagh of Kentucky, to whom I have written that you are absent on a scientific expedition and that the matter would be submitted to you on your return.

    Respectfully,

    Geo. Scherff.

    __________________________________________________ __________________
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeYscnFpEyA

    Comment


    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeYscnFpEyA

      Comment


      • G Scherff 1 #0096-0097-0098-0099

        G Scherff 1 #0096


        New York, July 17th, 1899.
        46 & 48 E. Houston Str.


        Nikola Tesla, Esq.,
        Colorado Springs, Colo.

        Dear Mr. Tesla:

        Your two letters, inclosing letter to Mr. Rankine bill and checks therefore, also checks for Mr. Unger and for laboratory expenses were received this morning. Cash on hand is now $227.15.

        I immediately forwarded the letter to Mr. Rankine, together with the first two chapters of the prospectus and patent list, by Alfred to the office of the Cataract Construction Company, after first ascertaining by telephone that he would be there this morning.

        The shipment of the oscillator is delayed by the two secondary spools, which Mr. Merckling promises to have ready to-morrow morning. Everything else is ready.

        Mr. Uhlman reports that the work of the shop is on the armature, pump, shaft, winding of magnets, armature spider and ball bearings. He says that the speed of the independent break is now up 200 revolutions per minute and that he will test its breaking efficiency to-morrow. He also requests that you lay out some more work, as he expects that the second independent break will be ...

        __________________________________________________ ___________________

        G Scherff 1 #0097


        ... finished very shortly.

        I inclosed letter in Servian was received to-day, together with a very large engraved paper, which looks like a diploma.

        Respectfully,

        Geo. Scherff.

        __________________________________________________ ___________________

        G Scherff 1 #0098


        New York, July 18th, 1899.
        46 & 48 E. Houston Str.


        Nikola Tesla, Esq.,
        Colorado Springs, Colo.

        Dear Mr. Tesla:

        Your letter of July 14th was received this morning, and Mr. Uhlman says that work on the coherers has been begun according to the instructions, and that they will be finished as quickly as possible. The work in the shop now is on the armature, armature spider, shaft, casting for the fields and coherers.

        The D. Van Nostrand Company have forwarded three books on astronomy to select from. They are being shipped together in the box with the oscillator. Mr. Speirs said he had not a single copy of the book by Mascart and Joubert on hand, but he thinks he can obtain it until to-morrow. It will be sent on as soon as it is received.

        The mail to-day consisted of two letters from inventors, who wish you to buy their ideas.

        Mr. Uhlman and myself have been delighted to hear from yourself of your record-breaking success. We have been anxiously, but vainly, watching the papers for some report of your experiments.

        Respectfully,

        Geo. Scherff.

        __________________________________________________ ___________________

        G Scherff 1 #0099


        New York, July 19th, 1899.
        46 & 48 E. Houston Str.


        Nikola Tesla, Esq.,
        Colorado Springs, Colo.

        Dear Mr. Tesla:

        Mr. Uhlman reports that the work in the shop is on the coherers, commutator, armature and shaft. The work on the coherers, he says, is progressing rapidly.

        The parts of the second independent break finished up to date are castings, armature spider, brush-holders, bushing for the shaft, magnets, disk, pulley cover, pump arm. Pump and ball bearing.

        The heavy wax paper used in winding the secondary coils is all exhausted. Another roam of it has been ordered and is expected in a day or so. Mr. Uhlman says he will have some of it cut to the proper size for the spools which have been sent and forward it as soon as possible.

        Respectfully,

        Geo. Scherff.

        __________________________________________________ ___________________

        Hi Ernst,

        This complete the Scherff 1 correspondence that was not done by me when I started transcribing that folder, just the hand written letters to be done but I can't make head or tails of his scribbling. I hope someone that can decipher those come forward to transcribe them.

        Check what is left to be done and I will try to do them as I can.

        How are your other projects coming along?

        Take care,

        Michel
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeYscnFpEyA

        Comment


        • Hi Michel,

          You're a great help! You'll be famous someday The man who single handedly transcribed a couple of 1000 Tesla letters.
          Today we already see a steady increase in interest in Tesla's legacy, but when my project is published it will explode... (this interest, not my project )

          At this time I am preparing publication in the form of two video's.
          (I like to keep them short)
          Video #1 will describe the full process of the Magnifying Transmitter, and with it many other things will become clear about Tesla's work, such as the Death Ray and Interplanetary Communication. I already put a teaser/preview online.
          The video will show the whole process, but explain only 90%. Because the last 10% requires a bit more attention. Modern scientists who'd view this video will say that the scheme as presented won't work. But the problem is not in the scheme, it is in their understanding.
          That is why video #2 is made. This video will show and explain what is lacking in our understanding and thus prove that this way we can indeed hook our machines up to the "wheelwork of Nature". This video too will make people understand many other things that Tesla said, but are currently either misunderstood or misinterpreted.

          There are influential people who'd not be happy with this info being public. And since also the Death Ray will be explained (though not explicitly) they will probably use state-security (or something similar nonsensical) as an excuse to remove the video's. So I will urge everyone to make the video's viral as soon as they are online, copy, redistribute etc.
          But I will let you'all know when I am ready, by opening a new thread.

          Now, to rebuild Wardenclyffe is beyond any of us, mostly for financial reasons, but there is a possibility that with modern electronics we can produce interesting results on a much smaller scale. I'm no good with power transistors but other people are, so they will have to provide the small scale evidence.

          In the unlikely event that my project will not get the attention it deserves I will create lightning the way Tesla did and that can be heard miles away. That will put me on national TV for sure. (and in jail later?) For this purpose my coils are being upgraded to run in CW mode at 60KW.

          So, that is my 'other' project's status.


          Ernst.

          Comment


          • Tesla needs to be recognized as FAMOUS, not me.

            Hi Michel,

            You're a great help! You'll be famous someday The man who single handedly transcribed a couple of 1000 Tesla letters.
            LOL Like I need to be famous... I'm trying to keep a low profile here.

            Any thing left to transcribe? I might not be as available as before but I'll try to do my best in helping you achieve a prompt conclusion to this workload.

            Today we already see a steady increase in interest in Tesla's legacy, but when my project is published it will explode... (this interest, not my project )
            I guess then the politic scene needs to be revamped and according to your country's list of possible POTUS, I see only if "The Donald" gets to the finish line for that to be achievable (?). I don't see Hillary moving toward that goal, as she is bought for by the special interests crawling in DC and she is under criminal investigation for possible treasonous activities as SOS and all that happened before and during the time she held that post. (That's my political view and it is not negotiable... LOL)

            I wish you SUCCESS in your projects and beyond.

            Take care,

            Michel
            Last edited by Michelinho; 06-11-2016, 06:09 PM. Reason: Corrections.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeYscnFpEyA

            Comment


            • According to my administration the situation is as follows:

              G Scherff (1) - 502 files
              missing: 8, 29-35, 42, 46, 47, 50, 51, 70, 76-80, 84, 85, 91, 143, 144, 151, 152, 165, 172, 173, 181, 182, 199, 200, 226, 234, 263, 264, 284-287,289-302, 310, 311, 315, 316

              G Scherff (2) - 373 files
              missing: 166, 185, 189, 262, 307-312, 316-322, 324, 336, 337, 339, 340, 353, 358

              G Westinhouse
              - 60 files
              missing: 1, 21, 24, 50, 52

              JP Morgan - 254 files - being worked on by Jeff
              missing: 29-33, 41, 91-96, 100-144, 172-end

              RU Johnson (1) - 405 files - being worked on by Dom
              missing: 3-end

              RU Johnson (2) - 288 files
              missing: all

              S Clemens - 3 files
              missing: all

              Westinghouse Company - 354 files
              missing: 3, 4, 113, 122, 126, 128, 132-133, 150, 151, 153, 157, 169, 192, 233, 239, 255, 287-290, 315, 329, 337

              So....
              RUJ (2) and Sam C are free....


              Ernst.

              Comment


              • OK, will check them out. The handwriting looks a little easier to decode.

                Michel
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeYscnFpEyA

                Comment


                • RU Johnson(1) -0003-0004

                  Aug. 30, 1894


                  Dear Tesla:

                  My train leaves at 2:50 from east 34 St. Ferry and I shall be very happy if your failling(??) mood of yesterday would from(????) going through(??) to impel you to take that train. The time given above is that of the ferry. All the better if you come a little earlier and join me in the bridge Hampton(??) train. Remember that Saturday is a half holiday and Monday is a whole holiday
                  .
                  Here is a copy of my script(???) which I hope will not displease you. Please destroy it lest it falls into the hands of the man who ??? me on the trouble of the blind men's club

                  Tout a vous!

                  R.U. Johnson
                  Last edited by dominator9999; 06-12-2016, 12:31 PM. Reason: grammar

                  Comment


                  • RU Johnson(1) -0009-0010

                    Saturday morning
                    April 13, 1895


                    Dear Tesla:

                    Do you know that it has now been more than three months since you have been in this house?

                    We shall be at home tonight after nine thirty and it would give us great pleasure to see you again.

                    We appreciate very much your recent kind letters but letters do not satisfy the desire of friends to see each other when they are as near as we are.

                    Faithfully yours,

                    R.U. Johnson

                    Comment


                    • S. Clemens 1-2-3

                      S. Clemens 1
                      44.
                      HOTEL KRANTZ
                      Wein/I.Nuer Markt
                      Nov. 17/1898.

                      Dear Mr. Tesla-

                      Have you --- & English patents on that destructive terror which you have been inventing (2) and if so, wont you set a price upon them & commission me to sell them. I know cabinet ministers of both countries, Germany too; litauisk William II.

                      I shall be in Europe a year yet.

                      I --- in the hotel the other night when some interested men were discussing means to persuade the nation to join with the Czar & ---, I advised them to seek something more since --- --- by perishable paper, contract --- the great --- --- to contrive something against which fleets & armies would be helpless & --- make --- --- --- impossible. That you were already --- to that & getting ready to introduce into this earth permanent peace & disarmament --- a practical & mandatory way.

                      I know you are a very busy man, but with you steal time to --- a line.

                      Sincerely yours,

                      Mark Twain

                      __________________________________________________ ____________________

                      S. Clemens 2


                      THE PLAYERS,
                      16 GRAMERCY PARK.
                      March 4/94.


                      Dear Mr. Tesla:

                      If I can possibly manage it I'll be there by 4 pm. But I am dreadfully pushed for time. I --- --- depend on use.

                      In haste

                      Sincerely yours,

                      S. L. Clemens.

                      __________________________________________________ ____________________

                      S. Clemens 3


                      THE PLAYERS,
                      16 GRAMERCY PARK.
                      March 4/94.


                      Dear Mr. Tesla:

                      I am desperately sorry, but a matter of unavoidable business has intruded itself & bars me from coming down to-morrow afternoon. I am very sorry. Do forgive me.

                      Sincerely yours,

                      S. L. Clemens

                      __________________________________________________ ____________________
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeYscnFpEyA

                      Comment


                      • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeYscnFpEyA

                        Comment


                        • RU Johnson (2) 0006-0007-0008-0009-0010

                          RU Johnson (2) 0006


                          … you have forwarded are a sad reminder of my former folly. I had thirty-six patents on my system of power transmission in which billions are invested now. I won every suit without exception and had it not been for “scrap of paper” I would have received in royalties Rockfellers fortune. But just the same I feel I am safe to invite you to dinner for the New Year after next in my own town house. Need I say that we shall have a fine time in the summer at my country residence?

                          As ever,

                          Yours sincerely,


                          P.S. Look to a formal notice f000orm my bankers that you may draw on me for all you want.

                          __________________________________________________ _____________________

                          RU Johnson (2) 0007

                          Dec. 26 , 1914
                          THE CENTURY ASSOCIATION
                          7 WEST FORTY-THIRD STREET

                          Dear Tesla:

                          I am very sad over the death of Muir – one of my most faithful and affectionate friends. I have had letters from him as late as this month and feel very near to him.

                          I hope the New Year will bring you the realization of your hope. I am very busy on work that …

                          __________________________________________________ _____________________

                          RU Johnson (2) 0008

                          … Yields little but which does not leave me unhappy. What I most crave and miss, is the chance to write poetry in serenity. Wordsworth said “poetry is emotion remembered in tranquility” but the problem is how to get the tranquillity.

                          Yours faithfully --- you may not believe it

                          R. U. J.

                          __________________________________________________ _____________________

                          RU Johnson (2) 0009


                          COPY.
                          Waldorf-Astoria,
                          New York, Dec. 27, 1914.

                          R. U. Johnson, Esq.,
                          57 West 45 Street,
                          New York City, New York.

                          My dear Luka:

                          I have also been painfully shocked on learning of Mr. Muir's death. He seemed so vigorous in mind and body when I saw him not long ago.

                          Please take my words seriously and do not worry and write your splendid poetry in perfect serenity. I will do away with all difficulties which confront you. Your talent cannot be turned into money thanks to the lack of discernment of the people of this glorious country. But mine is one which can be transformed into car-loads of gold. I am doing this now. Get your harp and look out to that notice.

                          Yours sincerely,

                          __________________________________________________ _____________________

                          RU Johnson (2) 0010

                          Feb. 17 , 1915
                          CENTURY CLUB
                          NEW YORK

                          Dear Tesla:

                          I am joining the Servian Committee though I have no time for committee meetings and no money but I've offered to read (or contribute the copyright of) my paraphrases …

                          __________________________________________________ _____________________
                          Last edited by Michelinho; 06-25-2016, 01:56 AM. Reason: Corrections.
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeYscnFpEyA

                          Comment


                          • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeYscnFpEyA

                            Comment


                            • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeYscnFpEyA

                              Comment


                              • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeYscnFpEyA

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X