Long time lurker ... first time poster
Could not agree more! I would love to turn my 53 MF TO-30 tractor with broken steering box into a stationary wood Gasser! So many great PTO attachments besides gensets.
I am very interested in all things renewable energy but I currently own a simple ICE in an otherwise unusable tractor, lots of dead trees, few neighbors and access to a fully staffed fabrication shop (beer can buy a LOT of labor).
The only issue that has stopped me to this point is the filtration, I hope this thread lives again so I can get back to lurking!
Could not agree more! I would love to turn my 53 MF TO-30 tractor with broken steering box into a stationary wood Gasser! So many great PTO attachments besides gensets.
I am very interested in all things renewable energy but I currently own a simple ICE in an otherwise unusable tractor, lots of dead trees, few neighbors and access to a fully staffed fabrication shop (beer can buy a LOT of labor).
The only issue that has stopped me to this point is the filtration, I hope this thread lives again so I can get back to lurking!

From what I have read, most water based scrubbing for woodgas works, but is REALLY messy during cleanout - I plan on doing some more research and making a decision whether to go wet, or dry... my unit is supposed to be ready on Friday! Just got an email.
Comment