This forum is preserved as a permanent archive. The community continues at eMedia Press.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Permanent Magnets

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Green Energy 211

    Comment


    • #92
      Green Energy 211

      Comment


      • #93
        Originally posted by gyula View Post
        Hi Barry,

        I think Alnico magnets could fairly be used instead of Neos for the rotor magnets, they are also metallic and not much stronger than ceramic magnets (when ceramic magnets would be used for the stators), hence Alnico seems a good candidate.

        Of course I suggest this for those wishing to experiment with this setup but would not wish to spend too much money on this initially. And later when a "proof of concept" has evolved in front of them, the much stronger Neos could come.
        Now is the time to buy the neos, not later. China clamps down on rare earth exports. If China continues on their current policy, then most won't be able to afford the neos in the near future.

        GB
        Last edited by gravityblock; 03-19-2011, 03:05 AM.

        Comment


        • #94
          Originally posted by gravityblock View Post
          Now is the time to buy the neos, not later. China clamps down on rare earth exports. If China continues on their current policy, then most won't be able to afford the neos in the near future.

          GB
          But we can always count on our overlord dr joe champion to transmute copper into neodymium for us DRC Home.

          Comment


          • #95

            Comment


            • #96
              Energy?

              It has been identified as a photon, electromagnetic radiation, cosmic rays, radio waves, infrared radiation, microwaves, ultra-violet radiation, and light. They all refer to the same thing. The genuine difference is related only to the frequency of the radiation. All of these forms, and more, refer to the very same parcel of energy.

              There exists only one single fundamental phenomenon. A magnetic field produced by an accelerated charge, processing all the characteristics of energy; polarization, amplitude, frequency; all represent electromagnetic radiation.

              It makes no sense for us to assume that the nature of light changes due to a change in the method used to identify its existence. Any thoughts? Video & Theory at:
              Green Energy 211

              Comment


              • #97
                Click image for larger version

Name:	PMbasic.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	184.9 KB
ID:	450306Green Energy 211

                Comment


                • #98
                  Green Energy 211

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	flux normal2.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	531.6 KB
ID:	450313

                    Click image for larger version

Name:	flux controlled2.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	675.8 KB
ID:	450314

                    Comment


                    • Comment


                      • MonoPole Effect Video

                        YouTube - Single Pole Magnet Effect

                        Here's the video I previously commented on. Demonstrating flux control, or monoPole effect.

                        Comment


                        • You can upload it here, if it dont works on your other Account.
                          Home - EnergeticTube.com*-* Where technology goes LIVE!
                          uncensored Space for your Videos.
                          Theorizer are like High Voltage. A lot hot Air with no Power behind but they are the dead of applied Work and Ideas.

                          Comment


                          • Thanks Joit

                            I just stuck it on YouTube. I'm a little slow on all this hightech stuff.

                            Comment


                            • Hi Barry,

                              A little side question if you do not mind: have you considered wrapping up half of the area of a magnet pole only? I mean say I have cylinder magnets with poles lengthwise and I cover up not the total area but only the half of say the North pole area at the ends on two cylinder magnets. This way when I move such half covered endings like on a rotor and stator setup with the covered areas approaching to each other, then there would be but a minimal resistance against rotation and when they are just facing (or slightly further) they will repel each other. I think there will be a sticky point in the fully facing (or slightly further) position but rotor body mass and inertia could toss it over the sticky point provided I position the half covered magnets close enough to each other so that the repel force remaining could still push the rotor over those sticky points.

                              So I wonder what is your opinion on such half covered poles?

                              (To understand half covered poles better, just imagine I fully wrap up a cylinder magnet like you show in the video, then I remove it and cut it lengthwise into half to get two half-cylinders. Then I put one half of it onto one cylinder magnet, say, from one end to the other, and I put the other half of it onto a 2nd cylinder magnet.)

                              Thanks, Gyula

                              Comment


                              • flux control

                                Gyula, Yes. Cover part, cover all, thicker, thinner. There are so many ways to control the path or the strength of flux. The density of the material (pure Fe) can also be varied, allowing select areas to have more or less magnetic activity. I have found spending time with a simulation program and how flux patterns react to permeability is a good starting point. Then begin to physically test the ideas.

                                Using the two elements pure Fe and Bismuth offer great control. I have some magnets I've made that have two North poles, and no South, for example. Machining the "shape" (before magnetizing) of the PM is effective too, along with assemblies to strengthen, or weaken flux patterns. I've considered "doping" but have not done that yet.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X