X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by garrettm4 View Post
    Madhatter,

As usual, you have ideas and information that are ACTUALLY USEFUL and provide meaningful discussion. I would like to thank you for posting that, it reminded me of a Tesla quote on the aether:

"The assumption of the Maxwellian ether was thought necessary to explain the propagation of light by transverse vibrations, which can only occur in a solid. So fascinating was this theory that even at present it has many supporters, despite the manifest impossibility of a medium, perfectly mobile and tenuous to a degree inconceivable, and yet extremely rigid, like steel. As a result some illusionary ideas have been formed and various phenomena erroneously interpreted. The so-called Hertz waves are still considered a reality proving that light is electrical in its nature, and also that the ether is capable of transmitting transverse vibrations of frequencies hover low. This view has become untenable since I showed that the universal medium is a gaseous body in which only longitudinal pulses can be propagated, involving alternating compressions and expansions similar to those produced by sound waves in the air." Nikola Tesla

Now I don't think anyone, not even Tesla, can empirically prove that the aether (or space as I see it) is a gas, BUT I think we can ALL agree that a PLASMA is an electrified gas. It would seem that LONGITUDINAL waves are the DOMINATE propagation in such a "gaseous medium" (plasma). At least that's what I got out of the references you listed, if I am mistaken then disregard this whole post.

I think the plasma experiments do corroborate longitudinal electrical propagation's (E & H vectors are in parallel as opposed to perpendicular to the "direction of propagation") as proposed by Tesla, and subsequently for which he was shunned by the whole world for not believing that transverse electrical vibrations were all that could exist.

Garrett M

either the MIB are having fun with me or it's the usual glitchy nature of firefox, I had a reply about done when it went 'poof' and firefox closed with all my links and notes gone with no history. ahh well.

Yes Garrett that's exactly the point and conclusion I going for. Last yr a Russian team announced this: Russian Physicists Solve Radio Black-Out Problem for Re-Entering Spacecraft  - Technology Review

Irving Langmuir is also one to look into and his work in plasma physics.

Plasma may be called the 4th state of matter however I tend to view it as the base state of matter and 'door' to the aether.

well off to dig up the lost info again....

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin_L View Post
      Hi lamare, Eric, and others who may be tired of all the discussion and - from my perspective - differences in use of language to express certain facts.

I want to express my wish that you stay here on this forum - even if you decide to post less frequent - that would be o.k. for me.

When I got a faint idea who Eric Dollard might know from Tesla, Steinmetz and many others of the time window 19th to 20th century, it was lamare who alarmed me on his site Tuks DrippingPedia : Home Page that Eric would be around and even posting from time to time.
      I will definitely stay on this forum. It's just that it may be better to have the discussions about some stuff, such as the fundamental nature of the aether, at other threads.

I deeply respect Eric for all that he has done and shared with us and I have definately learned a lot from him and still do, but it appears he thinks I am going too far off topic on this thread and apparantly he does not like my perspective on how and where the limitations on his theories are to be found. That is all fine with me, but why bother other people with posting stuff they do not like in their threads?

There's plenty of threads on this forum including ones I have started, like:
      http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...e-history.html
      http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...ain-wrong.html
      http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...er-theory.html
      http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...-theories.html
      http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...phenomena.html
      http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...ity-howto.html

Other threads that may be of interest:
      http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...lications.html
      http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...-his-work.html
      http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...-variants.html
      http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...la-switch.html
      http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...plication.html
      http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...questions.html
      http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...gy-theory.html
      http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...-theories.html

I am subscribed to all of these threads (use thread tools at the top of the page), so there's plenty of threads to choose from and discuss various subjects.
      Last edited by lamare; 04-16-2012, 08:33 PM.

Comment

• Just stopping in before I head out for the day, it seems that I have forgotten to upload my results of my power multiplication experiment so I've fixed that up now I'll do a video of it hopefully tonight. You will need an oscilloscope to do these measurements unless you use very large resistances (say 10-100M Ohm) and just measure it over time with a volt meter. Reason being is that the discharge will be way to quick to measure with eyes/voltmeter if your using anything under a mega ohm.

Raui
        Scribd account; http://www.scribd.com/raui

Comment

• Aint that the truth

Originally posted by Redisnoc View Post
          Well, after watching this for some time, I thought it pertinent to share what came through my emails some time back. Annoyed at what it was, I deleted it, now, I wish I had it as an archival item.

It was a solicitation to "write" and to visit forums and 'contribute'. One could earn a high paying salary based on integration on particular "assigned" forums as well as pay increases for number of forums involved in. "Articles" would pay $3000 and up on top of regular pay based upon etc, etc, etc.

Further, there was available, a "professional staff" to "guide" and "assist" where extra "experience" was needed.

One doesn't have to be Fellini to observe what has been taking place on this forum with the increased "inputs" by those who "receive" a "salary" for disruptive and misleading actions on this (and other) forum(s).

"You get more flak when over the target" applies here, as what Eric is showing is something that opens waaaaayyyyy too many windows in the mind to not have a bit of trolling attached-and those windows have an absolute and direct affect upon the "global cash register".

So, ignoring works, as the "pay grade" is based upon performance, and when the performance output (distraction) goes to nil, so does the operand's pay grade-forcing a different 'HUMINT' personage or at least a name change--easy to spot.

Ignore....

Shortly, one sees the changes...

Redisnoc

This is starting to sound like the truth every day that passes.

I came out of the closet because one of the few people who might actually understand what Tesla was doing gave explicit instructions on how to prove that it was real and in a way that anyone should be able to do it.

Quote:
          Crystal Sets Gone Wild

For the diagram shown the coil dimensions are missing, number of turns, etc. A good ground is essential for these kinds of devices. 16 Ground rods in a 10 to 20 foot radius circle, connected to a single ground rod at the center(17th rod), this connection being 10 gauge wire. Dry sand or rock will not ground, so this requires 80, each 14 gauge wires in a 30 foot diameter circle in a star radial configuration, to a center terminal. Without these groundings a Tesla Transformer cannot properly operate, but some "HI-Z" sets may.

The objective here is to scale the "Crystal Set", a step at a time, into a Tesla Transformer for the reception of medium wave band, 300 - 3000 kilocycle A.M. broadcasts. No license is required for this and the broadcast station provides the power.

And this objective cooperates with the primary objective. That is; Who will be the first ham to disprove Einstein's theory? An International contest, but who will sponsor it, Iran maybe?

We have the good fortune in the "Crystal Set Initiative" that, in theory at least, a quarter wave A.M. broadcast tower, and its 120 quarter wave ground radials, must emit a pair of waves as shown by Tesla in his basic diagrams.

Hence it can be seen that a pair of waves are engendered by this transmission system. (Tower and Star Radials). One wave, Hertzian, is the over ground wave, the other wave, Telluric, is the under ground wave. These two waves arrive at the point of reception in their own distinct time frames, giving rise to a difference in phase. Hence, multiple rings of interference patterns are produced. Since the Hertzian portion, over ground, time frame is based upon the velocity of light, then the Telluric portion, under ground, time frame gives the Telluric velocity. Two crystal sets, one over ground, one under ground, and a basic oscilloscope , that simple. I have done this at Landers.

Concluding, a Tesla Magnification Transformer, properly proportioned can, in theory, actually draw power from a local 50 kW station. Several hundred watts of power reception is likely. This would prove Tesla once and for all. No antenna, just a good ground, and a nice and bright 100 watt light bulb.

This would overturn physics more than any billion dollar C.E.R.N. project. A ham radio operator overturns Einstein for 100 bucks. What a concept.
          Read,
          Tesla, "The True Wireless"
          Tesla, "System of Concatenated Tuned Circuits"
          Dollard, "System for the Transmission and Reception of Telluric Electric Waves"
          A.R.R.L. "Radio Amatuers Handbook". Chapter "H.F. Transmitters, & Tank Circuits"
          73 DE N6 KPH

So the question remains who will be the first to disprove Einstein?

Also I have come to the conclusion that even though many of you are using the same words you are talking about totally different things. Thats my theory.

To all those who have helped me

I could not have gotten as far as I have without your help.

Peace, Love, and Good Happiness Stuff.

jake

Comment

• Originally posted by jake View Post
            Quote:
            Crystal Sets Gone Wild

For the diagram shown the coil dimensions are missing, number of turns, etc. A good ground is essential for these kinds of devices. 16 Ground rods in a 10 to 20 foot radius circle, connected to a single ground rod at the center(17th rod), this connection being 10 gauge wire. Dry sand or rock will not ground, so this requires 80, each 14 gauge wires in a 30 foot diameter circle in a star radial configuration, to a center terminal. Without these groundings a Tesla Transformer cannot properly operate, but some "HI-Z" sets may.

The objective here is to scale the "Crystal Set", a step at a time, into a Tesla Transformer for the reception of medium wave band, 300 - 3000 kilocycle A.M. broadcasts. No license is required for this and the broadcast station provides the power.

And this objective cooperates with the primary objective. That is; Who will be the first ham to disprove Einstein's theory? An International contest, but who will sponsor it, Iran maybe?

We have the good fortune in the "Crystal Set Initiative" that, in theory at least, a quarter wave A.M. broadcast tower, and its 120 quarter wave ground radials, must emit a pair of waves as shown by Tesla in his basic diagrams.

Hence it can be seen that a pair of waves are engendered by this transmission system. (Tower and Star Radials). One wave, Hertzian, is the over ground wave, the other wave, Telluric, is the under ground wave. These two waves arrive at the point of reception in their own distinct time frames, giving rise to a difference in phase. Hence, multiple rings of interference patterns are produced. Since the Hertzian portion, over ground, time frame is based upon the velocity of light, then the Telluric portion, under ground, time frame gives the Telluric velocity. Two crystal sets, one over ground, one under ground, and a basic oscilloscope , that simple. I have done this at Landers.

Concluding, a Tesla Magnification Transformer, properly proportioned can, in theory, actually draw power from a local 50 kW station. Several hundred watts of power reception is likely. This would prove Tesla once and for all. No antenna, just a good ground, and a nice and bright 100 watt light bulb.

This would overturn physics more than any billion dollar C.E.R.N. project. A ham radio operator overturns Einstein for 100 bucks. What a concept.
            Read,
            Tesla, "The True Wireless"
            Tesla, "System of Concatenated Tuned Circuits"
            Dollard, "System for the Transmission and Reception of Telluric Electric Waves"
            A.R.R.L. "Radio Amatuers Handbook". Chapter "H.F. Transmitters, & Tank Circuits"
            73 DE N6 KPH

So the question remains who will be the first to disprove Einstein?

Also I have come to the conclusion that even though many of you are using the same words you are talking about totally different things. Thats my theory.

Let me highlight a few portions:

With this, the speculation I posted earlier is a lot less speculative than I was aware of at the time I posted this:

Originally posted by lamare View Post
            Using only your understanding of RF, do you think it is possible to light a #327 bulb with a tuned antenna circuit tuned to an AM radio station 10kW 5mi away(actually more then 5mi but lets be conservitave)? Or would you say what I am trying to do is impossible, not gonna happen?

Jake

According to normal RF theory, the power density should rapidly decrease along the inverse-square law, at least in free space:

Radio propagation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
            In free space, all electromagnetic waves (radio, light, X-rays, etc.) obey the inverse-square law which states that the power density of an electromagnetic wave is proportional to the inverse of the square of the distance from a point source.
            When you are talking 5 miles, that would be about 8000 meters. Then the power density at the receiver should be about 10.000/8000^2 = 0.16 mW.

So, according to normal propagation theory, lighting a light bulb by means of RF waves transmitted trough the air should be impossible.

BUT, the transmitter not only transmits directly trough the air. Part of the transmitted power is transmitted in the direction of the earth. And according to Tesla, the earth is capable of resonating at multiples of it's natural resonance frequency of something like 10 Hz or so. That means, that it could very well be possible that a part of the transmitted power is not radiated away into space, but is actually "captured" as a standing wave propagating trough the interior of the the Earth.

And if that is correct, you could pick up the energy of that standing wave at any point upon the surface of the Earth by means of a good ground connection and a resonating receiver apparatus. Now suppose only 1% of the transmitted energy of a 10 kW transmitter is not reflected by the Earth surface, but ends up in a standing wave trough the interior of the Earth, then that standing wave would have a total power of about 100 W. Now if you are the only one tapping into that resonating standing wave, then you should be able to just about light a 100W light bulb....

However, this of course is very speculative.

Eric says he has done it....

And I agree that this would be a feasible way to disprove Einsteins theory.

However, it is quite a some work to setup such a system and I personally don't have much time to experiment and also don't have much money to spend.

The problem I see with this approach is that it will be very hard to convince the nay-sayers with this experiment. I think the experiment will work out just fine, but you are talking about a time difference in the order of 10 - 50 usec over a distance in the order of 10-30 km. We know and understand the relevance of such a timing difference, but it will be very hard to convince the general public and journalists that this experiment really disproves Einstein.

That is why I have chosen to try to accomplish a moon-bounce with dielectric longitudinal waves. That should give a timing difference in the order of 0.9 seconds. You can easily convince a journalist and thus the general public that something strange is going on there.

And since my lab time is very limited for various reasons, I have chosen not to build such a crystal set. At least not now, even though I think it is a very interesting project to do, if only because it offers everyone the opportunity to get 'hands on' experience with 'real' Tesla coils.

There's this classic picture that contains both an old and a young woman:

Eric's approach is to base himself on the level of describing the phenomena we are discussing in terms of capacitances and inductances. With that approach you can engineer these kinds of systems and get them to work.

My approach is to start from a deeper level, whereby I consider everything to be waves in the aether, a medium with fluid-like properties in terms of it's capabilities of propagating electro-magnetic and dielectric waves. I see this as complementary to Eric's work in that it offers a deeper level of understanding and thus identifies the limitations of the capacitance/inductance based approach.

It is my understanding that both capacitance and inductance are related phenomena, caused by flows in/of the aether, whereby capacitance has to do with aether-pressure and "steady-state" flows thereof, while inductance has to do with rotational movements of the aether.

However, both approaches describe the same phenomena, whereby with the capacitance/inductance approach you CAN engineer the system itself and get it working, but you CANNOT describe the actual longitudinal dielectric wave, because that propagates without magnetic fields and thus cannot be described using (distributed) capacitances and inductances. And as long as one sticks to the capacitance/inductance approach, one will never find an answer to the pi/2 propagation speed difference.

In order to do that, one needs to replace the magnetic inductance that has this rotational nature (essentially a dielectric displacement current flowing in closed loops), with some kind of dielectric inductance whereby you model/describe the dynamic nature of the dielectric displacement current itself and do NOT restrict your model to one particular shape of the displacement current as we currently to with our model of magnetic inductance.

So far, my attempts to just identify this issue have apparantly failed. And as long as one insists that we are looking at either a young woman OR an old woman so to speak, I can continue bringing this issue up until hell freezes over with the same result...
            Last edited by lamare; 04-18-2012, 09:17 AM. Reason: updated img

Comment

• Hi Nhopa,

I just don't see Eric's love for the Navy as he apparently wants to get back in good graces with them but he then rails against the Babylon system - which he is correct on .... BUT the Navy is a large part of the Babylon system. Just pointing out something he may not be aware of because I know he's cut off from society.

Sorry to tell Eric this - he's very brilliant but the Navy doesn't need his work because they already have free energy machines and the ability to transmit totally secret messages to each other with no possibly of being intercepted. They have UFO's, high energy hand guns, weather weapons ... whatever you can imagine, they've got it. No need for any of the things posted here. They got ALL the Tesla papers back when he was murdered in 1942 so they know it all and have had it for over 70 years.

It's not 'politics' - this affects everything and you can't separate it out. Without an understanding of the truth as to how the world really works.... how are any of you going to make any fruit from any of your ideas or inventions? You can't.

As far as the aether.. I think William Lyne lays it out pretty good for the layman so I say read his books.

I have no comments on coils since I'm not actively researching that area for now and have not had time to read what you have referred to. So I have nothing to say about that.

Not really sure what you guys are trying to do here with these coils. What is the purpose of all these coils? If you guys really want to do something VERY interesting and of import, why not build the Tesla Flying Machine. That's a free energy machine with almost infinite energy gains and very practical. The energy gain is like 1:10^40. Lyne lays it out in his book with lots of instructions and details. If I were to build a coil, I'd build it along those lines and not just to transmit a little energy from here to there.... don't really see the point in that outside of purely scientific interest.

Originally posted by Nhopa View Post
              Hi SilverToGold:

Could you please skip the politics and concentrate on the experiments. How about answering my questions I posted last week, now that would be helpful. What is the status of your coil winding? What do you think of the recently started "Aether" discussion? If your reply will be negative, just send me a private response.

Comment

• Originally posted by SilverToGold View Post
                BUT the Navy is a large part of the Babylon system.
                Navy is bad mmmmmmkay, so don't do Navy.

Comment

• Power Multiplication

As promised here is the video showing how you can demonstrate power magnification. Remember if you've not got an oscilloscope you can still do this experiment with a voltmeter but you must use high valued resistors/capacitor so you can more easily extract your results.

Now for a quick glance at my results;

The values I got for the peak power were approximately:

P1 = 1.52 Watts
                  P2 = 0.04225 Watts
                  P3 = 0.037639 Watts

If you take these ratios say P1/P2 and multiply by the resistance value corresponding to the top so in the case of P1 it is 111.1 Ohms you should get a value very close to the R2 value - In this case I got 3996.970 so I am only out by just over 3 ohms, not bad if you ask me and it is within experimental error ranges for my ohmeter.

Here is the video.

Raui

Comment

• Hi Raui, Because I'm not an engineer I feel qualified to ask. Over a period of
                    say 10 charge and discharges wouldn't the "total" power be the same ?

I don't think anyone is doubting that if the discharge time is shorter than the
                    charge time the peak power is increased in magnitude.

I think the question is (not my question) - Over a period of several discharges
                    is the total power the same or more.

I think the confusion is in some peoples definition of the word "magnification".

magnification - definition of magnification by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

I think this is the best definition for this situation.

magnification - the act of expanding something in apparent size
                    Cheers

Comment

• Farmhand,
                      Sorry but I'm not sure I completely understand what your saying when you say total power. Are you talking about the combination of real and reactive power (using pythagoras theorum since we are dealing with complex quantities) or are you saying that if we add all the values for power over the curve we get a constant or something entirely different?

If you're talking about the real + reactive then I have to admit that I don't know because I am unsure how to calculate the reactance in a circuit being excited by a waveform like that as there is no real frequency here. Maybe when I read more of Physics and Mathematics of Electrical Communications by Perrine I'll be able to help since I think that he deals with this in the book (don't quote me though).

If you are asking that if we add up all the individual values for power over the graph we get a constant then I would agree because adding all the little bits of power is performing what is known as integration of the power. The integral of power is energy and I am not claiming that the total energy is changing. If I haven't addressed the question I apologize, please try to put it differently.

I think the point you bring up is an important one about the word magnification, I'm only using the word because Eric does and I'd say he uses it because Tesla did. The idea that is trying to be put forward I think is that the power either grows or decays. Since energy is constant the time must change if the power changes.

Also thanks for the Walter Russell diagrams, I have a few of his books but I don't have a nice archive like that of all his diagrams. He truly was an enlightened man.

Edit: I found this on my daily hunt of the internet; Lightning directed by laser beams - tech - 30 March 2012 - New Scientist
                      The laser discharges 1 terra-Watts in 1 femto-second giving 1 milli-Joules of energy. Quite amazing that they are guiding lightning with as little as 0.001 Joules of energy all by discharging a small amount of energy in an infintestimal period of time, if this same amount of energy was discharged in say a millisecond you certainly wouldn't be able to make lightning. To me this is proof that this has a real effect on the world around us and is not just a mathematical trick.

Here is a quote from Tesla himself which will assist in discussion;
                      Yes, but with another kind of circuit I could, of course. The advantage of this apparatus was the delivering of energy at short intervals whereby one could increase activity, and with this scheme I was able to perform all of those wonderful experiments which have been reprinted from time to time in the technical papers. I would take energy out of a circuit at rates of hundreds or thousands of horsepower. In Colorado, I reached 18 million horsepower activities, but that was always by this device: Energy stored in the condenser and discharged in an inconceivably small interval of time. You could not produce that activity with an undamped wave. The damped wave is of advantage because it gives you, with a generator of 1 kilowatt, an activity of 2,000, 3,000, 4,000, or 5,000 kilowatts; whereas, if you have a continuous or undamped wave, 1 kilowatt gives you only wave energy at the rate of 1 kilowatt and nothing more. That is the reason why the system with a quenched gap has become popular.
                      Taken from: Nikola Tesla On His Work With Alternating Currents -- Chapter IV
                      I believe by undamped he is talking about a normal AC wave, which you cannot get a power magnification from. Damped/transient waves are what we saw in experiment demonstration and as we saw we can get different amount of power out.

Raui
                      Last edited by Raui; 04-18-2012, 03:56 AM.

Comment

• Thanks Raui, Yeah I agree, it is definitely magnification. Thank you for the reply.
                        Every little bit helps.

Cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by Raui View Post
                          As promised here is the video showing how you can demonstrate power magnification. Remember if you've not got an oscilloscope you can still do this experiment with a voltmeter but you must use high valued resistors/capacitor so you can more easily extract your results.

Now for a quick glance at my results;

The values I got for the peak power were approximately:

P1 = 1.52 Watts
                          P2 = 0.04225 Watts
                          P3 = 0.037639 Watts

If you take these ratios say P1/P2 and multiply by the resistance value corresponding to the top so in the case of P1 it is 111.1 Ohms you should get a value very close to the R2 value - In this case I got 3996.970 so I am only out by just over 3 ohms, not bad if you ask me and it is within experimental error ranges for my ohmeter.

Here is the video.

Raui
                          Fantastic little experiment. This is especially important when we are considering high Q systems, where the work compressed into a shorter time equates to a higher possible peak to peak voltage.

Comment

• Secondary/Extra Coil Measurements:

Secondary/Extra Coil Measurements:

Ground plate is roughly 24 in x 24 in x 0.5 in plywood, with Al. Foil wrapped, hold drilled in center for 5/16" bolt to clamp #4 welding cable with hammered ringlet terminations. Plate buried 14 inches into wet clay, volcanic soil. Several buckets of water were applied when back filling soil.

Instrumentation: Output monitoring provided with a RadioShack analog multimeter switched to the 50uA DCA scale with shunt diode across terminals, coupled to beer can (as depicted by Eric). Input function generator frequency/amplitude monitoring with a Tektronix TDS210 oscilloscope (60 MHz probe).

Secondary coil is designed for a center frequency of f=1000 k cycles/sec, and N=30 turns, with RG316 coax, resulting in a length of 1880 inches, a diameter of 20 in, and a height of 4 in. This provides (4 inch)/(30 turns)=0.133 inches/turn coax center spacing on form. Secondary coil measurements indicate 990 kHz. This is 1% error from calculated.

Using modified versions of Eric's extra coil design expressions, I designed an extra coil with length 1159.545 inches, diameter 8.0 in, N=46.25 turns, 0.172 turn/in conductor center spacing on form, with a spacing of 0.098 between conductors. Extra coil measurements indicate roughly 3.2 MHz using Eric's measurement technique. So, still more work in this area on my part.

Notes: With my test setup the can was not needed at all to get the uA meter to respond. Holding the lead several feet away or just clipping to a convenient location (support dowel) does the trick. One technique that works well for determining the center frequency is to quickly sweep the function generator until the uA meter responds (in my case the meter pegs full scale), adjusting the input signal amplitude until the uA meter responds half scale, repeating the frequency sweep until a new maxima is found, and so on. An AM stereo 25 feet away tuned to roughly 990 kHz responds quite well to input signals driving the primary loop (i.e. 10, 100, 1000 Hz square waves at various amplitudes).
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Nice setup!!

Originally posted by Geometric_Algebra View Post
                              Secondary/Extra Coil Measurements:

Ground plate is roughly 24 in x 24 in x 0.5 in plywood, with Al. Foil wrapped, hold drilled in center for 5/16" bolt to clamp #4 welding cable with hammered ringlet terminations. Plate buried 14 inches into wet clay, volcanic soil. Several buckets of water were applied when back filling soil.

Instrumentation: Output monitoring provided with a RadioShack analog multimeter switched to the 50uA DCA scale with shunt diode across terminals, coupled to beer can (as depicted by Eric). Input function generator frequency/amplitude monitoring with a Tektronix TDS210 oscilloscope (60 MHz probe).

Secondary coil is designed for a center frequency of f=1000 k cycles/sec, and N=30 turns, with RG316 coax, resulting in a length of 1880 inches, a diameter of 20 in, and a height of 4 in. This provides (4 inch)/(30 turns)=0.133 inches/turn coax center spacing on form. Secondary coil measurements indicate 990 kHz. This is 1% error from calculated.

Using modified versions of Eric's extra coil design expressions, I designed an extra coil with length 1159.545 inches, diameter 8.0 in, N=46.25 turns, 0.172 turn/in conductor center spacing on form, with a spacing of 0.098 between conductors. Extra coil measurements indicate roughly 3.2 MHz using Eric's measurement technique. So, still more work in this area on my part.

Notes: With my test setup the can was not needed at all to get the uA meter to respond. Holding the lead several feet away or just clipping to a convenient location (support dowel) does the trick. One technique that works well for determining the center frequency is to quickly sweep the function generator until the uA meter responds (in my case the meter pegs full scale), adjusting the input signal amplitude until the uA meter responds half scale, repeating the frequency sweep until a new maxima is found, and so on. An AM stereo 25 feet away tuned to roughly 990 kHz responds quite well to input signals driving the primary loop (i.e. 10, 100, 1000 Hz square waves at various amplitudes).
                              Did you use the extra coil calculation posted on the yahoo group?
                              Do you get any uA readings without the function generator? From a local station?

Is the coax on the secondary and extra the same diameter?

Thanks.
                              Last edited by jake; 04-18-2012, 08:10 PM. Reason: one more question

Comment

• Originally posted by Raui View Post
                                Farmhand,
                                Sorry but I'm not sure I completely understand what your saying when you say total power. Are you talking about the combination of real and reactive power (using pythagoras theorum since we are dealing with complex quantities) or are you saying that if we add all the values for power over the curve we get a constant or something entirely different?

If you're talking about the real + reactive then I have to admit that I don't know because I am unsure how to calculate the reactance in a circuit being excited by a waveform like that as there is no real frequency here. Maybe when I read more of Physics and Mathematics of Electrical Communications by Perrine I'll be able to help since I think that he deals with this in the book (don't quote me though).

If you are asking that if we add up all the individual values for power over the graph we get a constant then I would agree because adding all the little bits of power is performing what is known as integration of the power. The integral of power is energy and I am not claiming that the total energy is changing. If I haven't addressed the question I apologize, please try to put it differently.

I think the point you bring up is an important one about the word magnification, I'm only using the word because Eric does and I'd say he uses it because Tesla did. The idea that is trying to be put forward I think is that the power either grows or decays. Since energy is constant the time must change if the power changes.

Also thanks for the Walter Russell diagrams, I have a few of his books but I don't have a nice archive like that of all his diagrams. He truly was an enlightened man.

Edit: I found this on my daily hunt of the internet; Lightning directed by laser beams - tech - 30 March 2012 - New Scientist
                                The laser discharges 1 terra-Watts in 1 femto-second giving 1 milli-Joules of energy. Quite amazing that they are guiding lightning with as little as 0.001 Joules of energy all by discharging a small amount of energy in an infintestimal period of time, if this same amount of energy was discharged in say a millisecond you certainly wouldn't be able to make lightning. To me this is proof that this has a real effect on the world around us and is not just a mathematical trick.

Here is a quote from Tesla himself which will assist in discussion;

Taken from: Nikola Tesla On His Work With Alternating Currents -- Chapter IV
                                I believe by undamped he is talking about a normal AC wave, which you cannot get a power magnification from. Damped/transient waves are what we saw in experiment demonstration and as we saw we can get different amount of power out.

Raui

Sure there is.

You take your scope, start cranking the timebase till that pulse is at a manageable angle. like /\

Then measure the time from zero to the peak, or zero to zero and interpolate it to complete a full sine and compute the frequency from there.

Then for accurate understanding of the power it is the area under the curve that you need to convert to DC heating value.

I posted umteen times about this and even put up books and charts teaching how to do this and even went beyond the call of duty and drew up a circuit for it, and requested that the moderator put it up as a sticky for noobs to learn how to properly measure their circuits!!!!

Even after all that for some reason no one seems to get it.

That youtube video made no sense to me what so ever and your above charts have no axis labels.

This concept of magnification of power by shortening the pulse width makes no sense, at least in the way you all are presenting it.

The bottom line is the DC heating value, or the area under the curve (RMS) value.

Comment

Working...
                                X