Hi Laurent,
Nice job, I like it!
Your 18 coils will add up to 10.8 Ohm DC resistance and you wish to use a MOSFET switch that has a max 0.1-0.2 Ohm ON resistance, to minimize switching losses. If you need a type like that tomorrow I can help.
You wish to use a reed switch for controlling the gate of the MOSFET? Also, you wish to catch the collapsing fields energy of the series coils?
rgds, Gyula
Nice job, I like it!
Your 18 coils will add up to 10.8 Ohm DC resistance and you wish to use a MOSFET switch that has a max 0.1-0.2 Ohm ON resistance, to minimize switching losses. If you need a type like that tomorrow I can help.
You wish to use a reed switch for controlling the gate of the MOSFET? Also, you wish to catch the collapsing fields energy of the series coils?
rgds, Gyula
Originally posted by woopy
View Post


. I just bought 2, 7-1/4" plywood blades and am happy to see the hard plastic on the edges, I'll use these on my motor I have now to make some tests using 12 magnets per rotor. Hi Ted, thanks for your words.
and if your coil is 1000 ohms and you put all those in series, you wont get much speed at 250 volts. Here is a link to a nice web page of wire charts.
Comment