Online Parallel Resistor Calculator
John Bedini, estimates that the resistance of the trifilar windings on each coil is approx 0.4 ohms with four of these in series that gives us a total resistance of approx 1.6 ohms okay that's a given and understood.
The question now is why at 0.63 ohm load resistance was the output so high?
When you plug in the numbers to a parallel resistive calculation you get this
"parallel resistive calculation"
1.6 ohms Total Resistance and 0.63 ohms load resistance gives you a
total system resistance of approx 0.45 ohms!
This total resistance is extremely close to the resistance of a single trifilar coil and is within the realm of now impedance matching the entire circuit, which is a desired effect.
In simple radio theory a superhetrodyne receiver works on the same primciple impedance match your antenna with the RF Oscillator and you get the best SWR or (Standing Wave Ratio) or AKA Power Output
sorry for the geek speak
So to conclude you now have five resistors in a "closed parallel loop" that are all matched at approx 0.4 ohms.
In any future build you want to try and find this sweet spot simply by doing a standard parallel circuit calculation, whatever your coil resistance's are.
Make sure that each coil is exactly the same and then calculate what your load resistor should be to match the other four to obtain the best result.
I've heard that this effect is actually referred to as a "Lenz Law Clamp"
For anyone's curiosity. I have watched the video #10 and was completely shocked by what I saw, and I'm am currently building a Kromrey Converter
as well so yes I am a builder.
I think everyone on this forum is doing a great job at
So as a good friend of mine told me, Keep it up your on to something!
Thanks Again
NoNeed
"Why burn fuel when there's NoNeed"
John Bedini, estimates that the resistance of the trifilar windings on each coil is approx 0.4 ohms with four of these in series that gives us a total resistance of approx 1.6 ohms okay that's a given and understood.
The question now is why at 0.63 ohm load resistance was the output so high?
When you plug in the numbers to a parallel resistive calculation you get this
"parallel resistive calculation"
1.6 ohms Total Resistance and 0.63 ohms load resistance gives you a
total system resistance of approx 0.45 ohms!
This total resistance is extremely close to the resistance of a single trifilar coil and is within the realm of now impedance matching the entire circuit, which is a desired effect.
In simple radio theory a superhetrodyne receiver works on the same primciple impedance match your antenna with the RF Oscillator and you get the best SWR or (Standing Wave Ratio) or AKA Power Output
sorry for the geek speak
So to conclude you now have five resistors in a "closed parallel loop" that are all matched at approx 0.4 ohms.
In any future build you want to try and find this sweet spot simply by doing a standard parallel circuit calculation, whatever your coil resistance's are.
Make sure that each coil is exactly the same and then calculate what your load resistor should be to match the other four to obtain the best result.
I've heard that this effect is actually referred to as a "Lenz Law Clamp"
For anyone's curiosity. I have watched the video #10 and was completely shocked by what I saw, and I'm am currently building a Kromrey Converter
as well so yes I am a builder.
I think everyone on this forum is doing a great job at
So as a good friend of mine told me, Keep it up your on to something!
Thanks Again
NoNeed
"Why burn fuel when there's NoNeed"


I am officially stumped.
<< The hugee is my oscope.
Comment