This forum is preserved as a permanent archive. The community continues at eMedia Press.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tesla microfilm letters

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Tesla Correspondence Scherff 2 0061-0062-0063-0064-0065-0066-0067-0068-0069-0070

    Tesla Correspondence Scherff 2 #0061




    September 5, 1916.

    George Scherff, Esq.,
    17 Battery Place,
    City.

    Dear Mr. Scherff:

    In accordance with your request I am enclosing herewith copy of Certificate of Incorporation. The same has been entered in the minute book as directed by you. I notice that the date for the filing and recording of the Certificate is July 27, 1915, should it not be July 27, 1916.

    Awaiting your further commands, I am

    Very respectfully,


    Inclosure.


    __________________________________________________ _____________

    Tesla Correspondence Scherff 2 #0062




    September 11, 1916.

    George Scherff, Esq.,
    17 Battery Place,
    City.

    Dear Mr. Scherff:

    Under enclosure please find check for statement rendered Saturday.

    I understand that your check for $200. to the Nikola Tesla Company will square the account.

    Very sincerely,


    Enclosure


    __________________________________________________ _____________

    Tesla Correspondence Scherff 2 #0063


    (------- Geo. Scherff)


    17 BATTERY PLACE,
    NEW YORK


    Sep. 13, 1916.


    Nikola Tesla, Esq.,
    No. 8 W. 40 St., New York.

    Dear Mr. Tesla:

    I beg to acknowledge receipt of your letter of the 11th inst., together with check which I return herewith. It seems that I have not made myself clear regarding the transaction. The Tesla Company, Inc., should pay its own organisation expense and this Company's check should be issued for the bill which I rendered and I will return to the Nikola Tesla Company the $200.00 advanced to me on account of these expenses.

    However, there is no hurry about the matter, and it can be straightened out the next time I call at your office.

    Yours respectfully,

    Geo. Scherff


    __________________________________________________ _____________

    Tesla Correspondence Scherff 2 #0064


    Sept. 13, 1916.


    From Mr Scherff's letters.


    Assistants employed apart those previously mentioned:

    Johannnisson,
    Hartmann
    Lindeke
    Alfred (Peters)
    Scibel
    Wagner (glass blower)
    Meyer
    Willie (Epporsteiner)
    Mr. Uhlman (address at that time-518 No. 12th Street, (St Joseph, Missouri.)


    Among firms to remember:

    Whitall, Tatum & Co., (glassware)
    Allex (glass bottle)
    O.X. Dry Battery Company,


    __________________________________________________ _____________

    Tesla Correspondence Scherff 2 #0065




    October 2, 1916.

    George Scherff, Esq.,
    17 Battery Place,
    City.

    Dear Mr. Scherff:

    Under enclosure please find check for $25. which Mr. Tesla has directed me to forward you.

    Very respectfully,


    1 Enc.


    __________________________________________________ _____________

    Tesla Correspondence Scherff 2 #0066


    17 BATTERY PLACE,
    NEW YORK


    Oct. 3, 1916.


    Nikola Tesla, Esq.,
    No. 8 W. 40 St.,
    New York City.

    Dear Mr. Tesla: I beg to acknowledge receipt of your check for $25.00, for which please accept my thanks.

    Respectfully yours,

    Geo. Scherff


    __________________________________________________ _____________

    Tesla Correspondence Scherff 2 #0067




    October 20 ?, 1916.

    George Scherff, Esq.,
    17 Battery Place,
    City.

    Dear Mr. Scherff:

    Mr Tesla has directed me to forward the enclosed blanks to you which were received in this morning's mail.

    Very respectfully,


    re Tax Reports


    __________________________________________________ _____________

    Tesla Correspondence Scherff 2 #0068




    November 3, 1916.

    George Scherff, Esq.,
    17 Battery Place,
    City.

    Dear Mr. Scherff:

    Under enclosure please find check for $25. which Mr. Tesla has directed me to forward to you.

    Very respectfully,


    Enc.


    __________________________________________________ _____________

    Tesla Correspondence Scherff 2 #0069


    COPY




    November 28, 1916.

    George Scherff, Esq.,
    c/o Union Sulphur Company,
    17 Battery Place, City.

    Dear Mr. Scherff:

    Please find typed copies of tax reports under enclosure. I have filed the duplicates as requested by you.

    Trusting that you will find the reports to be correct in every detail, I remain,

    Very respectfully,


    Enc.


    __________________________________________________ _____________

    Tesla Correspondence Scherff 2 #0070


    -------- --- copy for Tesla Co., Inc.



    November 21, 1916.

    George Scherff, Esq.,
    17 Battery Place,
    City.

    Dear Mr. Scherff:

    I am forwarding under enclosure copies of trial balances taken March 31st and October 31st. 1916, in compliance with your request.

    At this opportunity I desire to inform you that the Company's telephone number has again been changed to 23 Vanderbilt. You will probably note that the listing in the new telephone book is 2320 Vanderbilt but this will be corrected in the next issue. Mr. Tesla preferred the smaller number.

    Awaiting your further commands, I remain,

    Very respectfully yours,


    2 Enclosures

    __________________________________________________ _____________
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeYscnFpEyA

    Comment


    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeYscnFpEyA

      Comment


      • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeYscnFpEyA

        Comment


        • Tesla Correspondence Scherff 2 0081-0082-0083-0084-0085-0086-0087-0088-0089-0090

          Tesla Correspondence Scherff 2 #0081


          December 27, 1917


          George Scherff, Esq.,
          17 Battery Place,
          City.

          Dear Mr Scherff:

          Please find Mr. Tesla's letter enclosed, also copy of his letter to the P. E. Co. Which kindly return for file.

          Very Respectfully,


          2 Enclosures


          __________________________________________________ __________________

          Tesla Correspondence Scherff 2 #0082


          December 26, 1917


          Dear Mr. Scherff:

          Under enclosure please find 16 checks blanks which I am forwarding for signature.

          With thanks for your trouble, I remain,

          Very respectfully,


          16 Enc.

          George Scherff, Esq.,
          17 Battery Place,
          City.


          __________________________________________________ __________________

          Tesla Correspondence Scherff 2 #0083


          Dear Mr. Tesla:

          On this day of your Patron Saint I send you my hearty greetings and sincere wishes for your well-being and success.

          Respectfully yours,

          Geo. Scherff


          __________________________________________________ __________________

          Tesla Correspondence Scherff 2 #0083


          Dec. 11, 1917.



          Dear Mr Scherff:

          Please find check for $102. enclosed.

          With thanks for the trouble, believe me,

          Very respectfully,


          George Scherff, Esq.,
          17 Battery Place,
          City.


          __________________________________________________ __________________

          Tesla Correspondence Scherff 2 #0085


          December 10, 1917


          George Scherff, Esq.,
          17 Battery Place,
          City.

          Dear Mr Scherff:

          Under enclosure please find check for twenty-five dollars which is due to you for the month of December.

          Very respectfully,


          Enclosure


          __________________________________________________ __________________

          Tesla Correspondence Scherff 2 #0086


          Dec. 10, 1917


          George Scherff, Esq.,
          17 Battery Place,
          City.

          Dear Mr Scherff:

          Under enclosure please find check for twenty-five dollars which is due you for the month of December.

          Very respectfully,


          Enc.


          __________________________________________________ __________________

          Tesla Correspondence Scherff 2 #0087


          17 BATTERY PLACE
          NEW YORK


          Dec. 6, 1917.
          Nikola Tesla, Esq.,
          The Blackstone,
          Chicago, Ill.

          Dear Mr. Tesla:

          Some time ago, when a reply was received from the U.S. Radio Department in reference to the royalties due your Company from the Tuckerton Plant, I wrote and asked you, if you wished me to do anything further in the matter. As I did not hear from you, I assumed that you were too busy, and took the liberty to write to Mr. Crammond Kennedy, attorney of Mr. Meyer, as suggested in the letter from the Radio Department. I have requested Miss Skerritt to forward you a copy of this correspondence, and you have no doubt seen, that it will be necessary to go through some red tape in order to collect this money. I should be very glad to follow the matter up on the lines suggested by Mr. Kennedy, but am hesitating to do so without your approval. Will you kindly inform me of your wishes? I would be in favor of pushing the claims against both wireless companies.

          I am very sorry to learn from your telegram of Nov. 30th that you have been ill, and trust that you have now completely recovered.

          Respectfully yours,

          Geo. Scherff


          __________________________________________________ __________________

          Tesla Correspondence Scherff 2 #0088


          17 BATTERY PLACE
          NEW YORK


          Nov. 7, 1917.
          Nikola Tesla, Esq.,
          The Blackstone,
          Chicago, Ill.

          Dear Mr. Tesla:

          This morning Miss Skerritt informed me by telephone, that a letter has been received from the Radio Department in reference to the royalties due to your Company from the Tuckerton station. A copy of this letter is no doubt in your hands. It is stated therein that the matter should be taken up with the attorney of Mr. Meyer, who is interned. Will you please let me know, if it is agreeable to you that I get in touch with this attorney?

          I am very glad to learn, that your work in Chicago will be soon completed.

          Respectfully yours,

          Geo. Scherff


          __________________________________________________ __________________

          Tesla Correspondence Scherff 2 #0089


          COPY


          Chicago, Nove. 7, 1917.


          My dear Mr. Scherff:

          You will probably understand that it must have been business of the greatest importance to keep me here so long and spend as much money. The fact is that P.N.Co. Contemplate to stop the manufacture of their old machines altogether at least the manager told me so. Furthermore they are convinced that the forty thousand headlights already sold will have to be sooner or later replaced as they are wasteful and the railroad people are pressing this and other objections against their will.

          Our business arrangements have been delayed until a demonstration is made before prominent officials on which orders of not less than ten thousand machines are hinging. The Company has also put on the market a 3 K.W. R.R. lighting outfit and has an order for 500 of them but is hesitating to proceed as the machine is very heavy, expensive to build and takes too much steam. My turbo-generator of 5 K. W. Would be hardly one third the size and would save 100 lbs. Steam per hour. I have been working hard in persuading them to adopt mine and think they will.

          As you see all this means very big business if I am successful not to speak of other projects in connection.

          I am arranging for the demonstration before the officials about middle of next week and as I am confident of a veritable triumph I am anxious not to touch on financial matters until then.

          Now the funds in the bank are very low, we have of course a perfectly safe claim for about $7,000.00 in the wireless and also an additional sum as compensation in the patent suits but it will take time to collect them and therefore we must depend on the deal here for the present.

          What I would want you to do is to advance whatever Miss Skerritt may require Saturday and if not too much of a sacrifice to deposit $200.00 for the account of T.Co.Inc. This will be enough to make it unnecessary for me to raise the question of money until I am through when they will naturally have to approach me in the matter.

          Hoping to see you very soon with the best news, I remain,

          Sincerely yours,

          (signed) N. Tesla.


          George Scherff, Esq.,
          Union Sulphur Co.,
          17 Battery Place,
          City.


          __________________________________________________ __________________

          Tesla Correspondence Scherff 2 #0090


          November 1, 1917


          George Scherff, Esq.,
          17 Battery Place,
          City.

          Dear Mr Scherff:

          Under inclosure please find check which is due to you for the month of November, 1917.

          Very truly yours,

          TESLA COMPANY, Inc.

          By


          Inc.


          __________________________________________________ __________________
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeYscnFpEyA

          Comment


          • Tesla Correspondence Scherff 2 0091-0092-0093-0094-0095-0096-0097-0098-0099-0100

            Tesla Correspondence Scherff 2 #0091


            November 1, 1917


            George Scherff, Esq.,
            17 Battery Place,
            City.

            Dear Mr Scherff:

            Please find under inclosure check which is due to you for the month of November.

            Very truly yours,

            TESLA COMPANY, Inc.

            By


            Inc.


            __________________________________________________ ___________________

            Tesla Correspondence Scherff 2 #0092


            Oct. 18, 1917


            Dear Mr Scherff:

            Will you please be so kind as to sign the enclosed sixteen check blanks of the Tesla Co. Inc.

            I have just forwarded then check bearing you signature to Mr. Tesla and this leaves my supply exhausted.

            Very respectfully,


            16 Enc.



            George Scherff, Esq.,
            17 Battery Place,
            City.


            __________________________________________________ ___________________

            Tesla Correspondence Scherff 2 #0093


            Oct. 18, 1917


            Dear Mr Scherff:

            I am forwarding under enclosure letter addressed to the Officer in Charge of the Tuckerton Radio Station together with stamped envelope for mailing.

            An extra copy of same is being mailed to Mr. Tesla.

            Very respectfully,

            Enc.



            George Scherff, Esq.,
            17 Battery Place,
            City.


            __________________________________________________ ___________________

            Tesla Correspondence Scherff 2 #0094


            COPY


            NAVY DEPARTMENT,

            NAVAL COMMUNICATION SERVICE,

            U.S. Naval Radio Station
            Tuckerton, N. J., 18 October, 1917.


            Nikola Tesla Company,
            8 West 40th Street,
            New York, N. Y.

            Gentlemen:

            Your letter of October 17, has this date been forwarded to the director of Naval Communications, Southern Building, Washington, D. C., for reply thereto.

            Very truly yours,

            (signed) O. F. Hular
            Gunner (R) (T), U.S.Navy.
            Officer-in-Charge.


            __________________________________________________ ___________________

            Tesla Correspondence Scherff 2 #0095


            October 17, 1917.


            Officer in Charge of Radio Station,
            Tuckerton, New Jersey.

            Dear Sir:

            Some time before the declaration of war this Company brought a suit against the Hochfrequens-Maschinen Aktiengesellschaft fur drahtlose Telegraphie operating the wireless plant at Tuckerton for infringement of patent rights, but accepted an offer of a license agreement, under the terms of which we were to receive a certain small percentage of the receipts. Although payments were generally lagging, the Hochfrequens-Maschinen Aktiengesellschaft fur drahtlose Telegraphie has met its obligations under this agreement up to December 31, 1916, a remittance for the sum due up to that time having been received by us on March 15th of this year. With the declaration of war and the seizure of the plant at Tuckerton all dealings obviously ceased, but there remains a sum of money still due to us on account of receipts for the period from January 1, 1917, until the plant was closed down. We believe that the matter will be honorably adjusted after the cessation of hostilities, but inasmuch as we do not know in what state our claim will be in view of existing circumstances, we should be greatly obliged, if you will kindly enlighten us on the subject, in so far as consistent with your duties and, if possible, advise us what steps to take in order to secure our rights.

            Yours very truly,

            NIKOLA TESLA COMPANY

            BY

            Secy. & Treas.


            __________________________________________________ ___________________

            Tesla Correspondence Scherff 2 #0096


            Oct. 16, 1917.



            Dear Mr Scherff:

            Under enclosure please find the two letters about which I have spoken to you over the phone.

            Very respectfully,


            George Scherff, Esq.,
            17 Battery Place,
            City.


            __________________________________________________ ___________________

            Tesla Correspondence Scherff 2 #0097


            17 BATTERY PLACE
            NEW YORK


            Oct. 16, 1917.
            Nikola Tesla, Esq.,
            The Blackstone,
            Chicago, Ill.

            Dear Mr. Tesla:

            Your letter of Oct. 12th came to hand yesterday, and I am writing to the officials in charge of the Tuckerton plant on the lines suggested by you.

            Upon inquiry at your office I learn that the check of the Pyle National Company was received and deposited on Saturday morning. I have asked Miss Skerritt to draw a check for $500.00 in favor of the N.T. Co. And send it to you for signature.

            I am very glad to learn that you are bringing the business there to a successful conclusion and am looking forward to the pleasure of seeing you in New York soon.

            Respectfully yours,

            Geo. Scherff


            __________________________________________________ ___________________

            Tesla Correspondence Scherff 2 #0098


            COPY


            Chicago, Oct. 12, 1917.

            My dear Mr. Scherff,

            It was impossible for me until now to spare a few moments for correspondence as all my time from early morning till late at night was taken up.

            I have thought over the suggestion contained in your letter of Sept. 27th relative to claims against the wireless Companies and think it would be best that you write a letter in your official capacity to the men put by the Government in charge of the Tuckerton plant (see correspondence). I would say that prior to the war we have started a suit for infringement but accepted an offer under the terms of which we were to receive a certain small percentage of receipts. The Company has up to a few months before seizure of the plant scrupulously discharged this obligation although the payments were generally lagging. With the declaration of war all our dealings obviously ceased but there remained a sum of money still due to us. We believe that the matter will be honorably adjusted after the cessation of hostilities but inasmuch as we do not know in what state our claim might be in view of the existing circumstances we would be greatly obliged to you if you would kindly enlighten us on the subject insofar as consistent with your duties. These facts you may be able to express them better than myself.

            The P.N.Co. Gave me a check yesterday for royalties due but I told the treasurer to mail it as usual. Please see that it is deposited Saturday morning when it will be found in the mail. I would like you to direct Miss Skerritt to make out a check to the N.T.Co. For $500.00 and forward same for my signature.

            Last night I made a trial run with the improved machine and it promises very well indeed.

            I do not have what good news I will be able to tell you on my return but my effort will be to put the various pending propositions in a substantial form although, of course, everything will have to have a preliminary character.

            WITH BEST REGARDS,

            Sincerely yours,

            (signed) N.T.

            George Scherff, Esq.,
            Union Sulphur Co.
            17 Battery Place,
            City.


            __________________________________________________ ___________________

            Tesla Correspondence Scherff 2 #0099


            Chicago, Oct. 11, 1917


            George Scherff, Esq.,
            17 Battery Place,
            City.

            Dear Sir:

            Mr. Tesla has not a moment to spare and he directs me to write to you that he hopes to get through next week. He is just completing his improved machine and expects fine results. The usual check will be mailed today but other matters are to be considered.

            Very respectfully,

            (Signed) George.


            __________________________________________________ ___________________

            Tesla Correspondence Scherff 2 #0100


            Oct. 16, 1917.
            Nikola Tesla, Esq.,
            The Blackstone,
            Chicago, Ill.

            Dear Mr. Tesla:

            Your very interesting letter of the 7th inst. Came to hand yesterday, and I am anxious to hear more about your new machine.

            I have advanced to Miss Skerritt the requirements until Wednesday. As regards the deposit for T.C.I. - I am keenly disappointed at not being in a position to perform this service just at the present, as early in the week. I was compelled to settle a lawsuit in connection with my son's business, which cleaned up my bank account. I am hopeful, however, of recovering something from my associates, and if I do I shall inform you and make the deposit.

            A few days ago I wrote you regarding your claim against the Tuckerton station and am expecting to hear from you concerning this matter. I should think though that your chances of collecting from the Atlantic Communication Company would be much better as they are doing business all the time. Do you wish me to do anything in this respect?

            Respectfully yours,

            Geo. Scherff


            __________________________________________________ ___________________
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeYscnFpEyA

            Comment


            • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeYscnFpEyA

              Comment


              • Morgan 145, 146

                I can't read the handwriting in Morgan 100-144. And it's not the quality of the scans that is the problem; it's the handwriting. Maybe a group of doctors could figure it out LOL.

                Morgan 0145
                COPY.
                Waldorf-Astoria
                New York, Dec. 18, 1907.

                My dear Sir:
                Acting on your suggestion I made my letter to Mr.
                Morgan with reference to patents as short as possible, but
                that made it necessarily incomplete. As I am anxious no to
                disturb him I would ask you to kindly bring the following, at
                the earliest propitious moment to his attention.

                The value of the patents is not so much dependent on the
                commercial success of the original invention as on the general
                development of the art. Whoever succeeds commercially is bound
                to put his business under the protection of the controlling
                rights for the simple reason that he can make more money in
                this way than by fighting. Besides, it is a matter of principle.
                A competent business-man is not disposed to devote himself to an
                undertaking with the sword of Damocles constantly constantly above his head.

                Now I have in the U.S. Patent Office since four years
                several inventions which should be protected in the foreign
                countries without delay. They are of the greatest importance
                and value. It would be difficult to explain them in a short
                letter, but just to convey an idea of one suppose that all
                boilers heretofore made were of a material full of holes through
                which steam would escape so that the most furious fire would
                not raise but a feeble pressure. My discovery enables me to
                make the boiler absolutely tight and get any pressure I may
                want. Only in this way it is possible to get some of the results
                I published in 1900 (experiments I performed in 1899), and
                only so can a plant be made to carry a voice, say, across the
                Atlantic. As I wrote Mr. Morgan three years ago my present
                plant will transmit speech over the Pacific with equal facility.

                I would like Mr. Morgan to feel that I am not
                actuated by my own financial interest but only by the desire
                to achieve for his sake. What little money is needed he might
                perhaps advance simply as a small loan to the Company. Five
                thousand dollars ($5000) would be ample provision for all
                __________________________________________________ _________
                Morgan 0146

                W.C.King--2

                expenses during the next few months. Treasury shares might
                be pledged until we get some returns. The shares cost at
                present $175.00 in actual cash expended. So far I know
                only a few of my own have been disposed of at that figure.

                Under inclosure I forward a letter, one of many
                evidences on this nature, which please return.

                Yours very truly,

                Comment


                • Morgan 147, 148, 149

                  Morgan 0147
                  COPY.
                  Waldorf-Astoria
                  New York, Dec. 22, 1907

                  Mr. W. C. King
                  23 Wall Street.
                  New York City, New York.

                  Dear Mr. King:

                  Your letter relieves me, at least, on an harassing
                  responsibility, but that is an unusual attitude to assume for
                  a man of Mr. Morgan's broad views.

                  In all I attempted for the past few years I have
                  encountered a strange and firm resistance. Mr. Morgan will
                  rather have the property go to the dogs than to help. I
                  think I understand!

                  Yours truly,
                  __________________________________________________ ________
                  Morgan 0148

                  June 9, 1908.

                  Mesers. J. P. Morgan & Company,
                  23 Broadway.
                  New York City.

                  Gentlemen:--

                  Some crank has forwarded letters addressed to me to
                  your care, which have reached me apparently through your courtesy.
                  You will greatly oblige me if you will henceforth throw
                  such letters in the waste-paper basket, where they belong.

                  Very truly yours,
                  __________________________________________________ ___________
                  Morgan 0149
                  (COPY)

                  Waldorf-Astoria Hotel, March 31, 1913

                  J.P. Morgan & Co.,
                  27 Wall Street
                  New York, N. Y.

                  Dear Sirs:

                  Please accept my heartfelt condolences on the
                  death of a great man who was the head of your famous firm.
                  When I can feel such a void in my heart and brain at the
                  passing of Morgan I can appreciate, in a measure, the depth
                  of feeling of those who were his lifelong comrades.

                  The loss is irreparable but I hope that his wonder-
                  ful mind will further guide your house and that it will con-
                  tinue an example of banking on the highest plane, for the
                  honor of the country and the benefit of the whole world.

                  Believe me,
                  Very truly yours,
                  (Signed) N. Tesla

                  Comment


                  • Tesla Correspondence Scherff 2 0111-0112-0113-0114-0115-0116-0117-0118-0119-0120

                    Tesla Correspondence Scherff 2 #0111


                    17 BATTERY PLACE
                    NEW YORK


                    Sep. 21, 1917.
                    Nikola Tesla, Esq.,
                    The Blackstone,
                    Chicago, Ill.

                    Dear Mr. Tesla:

                    Yesterday your office communicated to me your message that “all is well”. This was cheering news, indeed, and I trust that you have succeeded in overcoming any difficulties which you may have encountered in connection with your work there.

                    I do not know of anything startling at this end, but everything seems to be normal.

                    Respectfully yours,

                    Geo. Scherff


                    __________________________________________________ _________________

                    Tesla Correspondence Scherff 2 #0112


                    17 BATTERY PLACE
                    NEW YORK


                    August 20, 1917.
                    Nikola Tesla, Esq.,
                    The Blackstone,
                    Chicago, Ill.

                    Dear Mr. Tesla:

                    I was deeply grieved and shocked when I read the enclosed. But I have the supreme confidence that more glorious work will arise from the ruins.

                    I trust that your work in Chicago is progressing to your satisfaction.

                    To-night I shall leave the City for a short vacation and has informed your office to this effect and where to reach me, in case my service should be required.

                    Respectfully yours,

                    Geo. Scherff


                    __________________________________________________ _________________

                    Tesla Correspondence Scherff 2 #0113


                    17 BATTERY PLACE
                    NEW YORK


                    August 1, 1917.
                    Nikola Tesla, Esq.,
                    The Blackstone,
                    Chicago, Ill.

                    Dear Mr. Tesla:

                    I received your letter of July 25th and telegram of the 27th, and was delighted, indeed, to learn of the fine results you have attained with your machine. In view of the many handicaps, under which you were working here, I have been convinced since some time that you would soon arrive at a conclusion of this work with facilities you have at your command in Chicago. Please accept my congratulations on your success.

                    I am keeping in touch with your office and shall, of course, be glad to render any service in my power.

                    Respectfully yours,

                    Geo. Scherff


                    __________________________________________________ _________________

                    Tesla Correspondence Scherff 2 #0114


                    July 30, 1917


                    George Scherff, Esq.,
                    #8 W. 40th St.,
                    New York City N.Y.

                    Dear Mr Scherff:

                    Under enclosure please find check for $25. which is due to you for the month of August.

                    Very truly yours,

                    NIKOLA TESLA COMPANY
                    By


                    Enclosures


                    __________________________________________________ _________________

                    Tesla Correspondence Scherff 2 #0115


                    July 31, 1917


                    George Scherff, Esq.,
                    17 Battery Place,
                    City.

                    Dear Mr Scherff:

                    Under enclosure please find check for $25. which is due to you for the month of August and another for $50. to reimburse you for amount advanced last week.

                    Thanking you for the favor, we remain,

                    Very truly yours,

                    TESLA COMPANY, Inc.
                    By
                    2 Enc.


                    __________________________________________________ _________________

                    Tesla Correspondence Scherff 2 #0116


                    July 30, 1917


                    George Scherff, Esq.,
                    17 Battery Place,
                    City.

                    My dear Mr Scherff:

                    I had barely time enough to wire you Friday last to the effect that the tests made with the machine on that day were highly satisfactory. We ran a load of 600 watts for seven hours, and the steam consumption was below the amount we agreed upon.

                    We have been making preparations for exhaustive tests and also carrying out some small improvements, and I am expecting to resume testing tomorrow, or the day after.

                    The prospects of future business are very bright indeed, and there will be undoubtedly other uses for the machine which will prove renumerative.

                    I have had an opportunity to discuss with our friends some matters which we have repeatedly considered and believe that they are well impressed and will be glad to come to some definite understanding with us, which will be mutually satisfactory.

                    At this writing I am unable to say how long this work will keep me here, but as long as I have undertaken the tests I am determined not to leave before every detail is decided upon.

                    With regards,

                    Yours sincerely,


                    __________________________________________________ _________________

                    Tesla Correspondence Scherff 2 #0117


                    July 26, 1917


                    George Scherff, Esq.,
                    17 Battery Place,
                    City.

                    My dear Mr Scherff:

                    I have been so busy since my arrival here that it was not possible to write before and tell you how surprised I was to find the work of our friends so large and well equipped. They have everything up to date, and could do an immense business if all their facilities were exploited to the utmost. They have now orders on hand for three thousand machines, and as soon as the new regulations go into effect the new orders will run into thousands. From this you may see that quite contrary to our impression the possibilities in this special branch are considerable.

                    So far we have only run my machine for a short time, while preparations for exhaustive tests are being made, which I hope will begin in a few days.

                    A this writing I am yet unable to say when I shall get through, but as it looks, I hardly believe to free myself of the duties here in less than a week or ten days time.

                    As soon as I have something definite to tell you I will write. In the meantime, please assist my office force in anything they may need during my absence.

                    Yours sincerely,


                    __________________________________________________ _________________

                    Tesla Correspondence Scherff 2 #0118


                    CORRESPONDENCE

                    MR. SCHERFF AND OFFICE (NEW YORK)

                    “ “ “ MR. TESLA (CHICAGO)

                    “ “ “ MR. FOSTER (NEW YORK)

                    “ “ “ MR. BERNSTEIN (NEW YORK)


                    FROM JANUARY 1918 to NOVEMBER, 1918


                    __________________________________________________ _________________

                    Tesla Correspondence Scherff 2 #0119


                    November 4, 1918


                    Dear Mr Scherff:

                    Enclosed please find check for $716. which you have kindly advanced, also $100. from each Company due to you on salary account.

                    Respectfully yours,


                    3 enclosures


                    George Scherff, Esq.,
                    17 Battery Place,
                    City.


                    __________________________________________________ _________________

                    Tesla Correspondence Scherff 2 #0120


                    17 BATTERY PLACE
                    NEW YORK


                    Oct. 22, 1918.

                    Dear Mr. Tesla:

                    I received your letter of the 19th inst. This morning, and telegraphed you immediately, that I did not believe the plan of obtaining a loan from the Guaranty Trust Company would be successful. However, after your telephone message I called at the Bank and telegraphed the result to you this afternoon. The President, Mr. Sabin, I was told, is in Washington, and I was directed to another official, to whom I explained the situation and requested a loan of three thousand dollars to Tesla Co., Inc.
                    The gentleman that the matter would be considered and that I would be advised later in the afternoon. In due time I was informed by telephone that the condition of the Company's account had not been such as to warrant a loan on a straight note, but that the Bank would be glad to make the loan on satisfactory collateral. That was just about what I expected. Of course, if you know Mr. Sabin personally and I could have seen him, the result might have been different.

                    As regards your claims against the wireless companies, I must confess that I cannot share your faith in the integrity of the German concerns, and I dare say that there is not a business man in the country who would not have long ago taken steps to secure his rights. If the question at issue were one between personal friends, it would be different, but this is purely a business matter, and I cannot see why you should not insist that the contract terms be observed without offending anybody. I do not think that this would necessarily involve a lawsuit, but it would no doubt mean considerable red tape, as I believe your claims would have to be filed with the Alien Property Custodian. If I remember correctly, however, the Atlantic Communication Co. Is an American corporation, I have positive knowledge that they have been doing business right along and there seems to be no reason why they should not pay up. I trust that you will reconsider this matter.

                    I am depositing one hundred dollars in Tesla Company, Inc. Account, and regret that I cannot do better.

                    Hoping that you will bring the new business to a successful conclusion, I remain,

                    Respectfully yours,

                    Geo. Scherff

                    Nikola Tesla, Esq.,
                    The Blackstone,
                    Chicago, Ill.


                    __________________________________________________ _________________

                    Hi Jeff,

                    We do what we can for now and later we can go shopping for a Doc.

                    If there are only 44 texts not processed for now, that is still a great job done.

                    Take care,

                    Michel

                    P.S. : I'm done for today....
                    Last edited by Michelinho; 01-28-2016, 04:58 AM.
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeYscnFpEyA

                    Comment


                    • It was the 25th that I caught up with you guys....
                      Only three days ago....
                      and now I am over 120 files behind again....

                      You sure keep me busy!
                      (but thanks, nonetheless!)
                      Jeff & Michel


                      Ernst.

                      Comment


                      • Morgan 150, 151

                        Morgan 0150

                        (Letterhead)
                        New York April 1, 1913

                        Nikola Tesla, Esquire,
                        1 Madison Avenue,
                        New York City.

                        Dear Sir:-
                        I beg to thank you for your pourteoan
                        not of condolence and to express our gratifien-
                        tion at the tribute which you pay the memory of
                        our honoured and beloved chief and our profound
                        appreciation of your sympathy in our bereavement.

                        Very Truly yours,
                        (signature)
                        __________________________________________________ _____
                        Morgan 0151

                        NEW YORK-PHILADELPHIA
                        April 22, 1913

                        Dear Sir:
                        It is with the deepest regret that we are called upon to announce
                        the death of our beloved senior partner,
                        Mr. J. PIERPONT MORGAN,
                        which occurred at Rome, Italy, on the 31st ultimo.
                        In accordance with the co-partnership agreement and testa-
                        mentary dispositions, the business will be continued without any change,
                        the estate of the late Mr. MORGAN continuing his interest as heretofore.
                        We desire to avail ourselves of this opportunity to acknowledge
                        with warm appreciation the numerous kind expressions of sympathy
                        which we have received from the many personal and business friends of
                        our late partner.

                        J.P. MORGAN & CO.

                        DREXEL & CO.

                        Comment


                        • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeYscnFpEyA

                          Comment


                          • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeYscnFpEyA

                            Comment


                            • Morgan 152, 153, 154, 156, 157, 158

                              Morgan 155 just seems to be a copy of the envelope 153 was sent in.

                              Morgan 0152
                              37 EAST THIRTY-SIXTH STREET

                              (handwritten)
                              Sunday April 13/13

                              Dear Mr. Tesla-
                              I have only three
                              card for the gallery left and
                              take pleasure in sending you
                              one. I am sorry that at
                              this late date, I (have no?)
                              letter sent for you.

                              (signed)
                              Jerry......
                              Herbert L.......
                              __________________________________________________ ___________
                              Morgan 0153

                              219 Madison Ave
                              (handwritten part)
                              Mrs. Morgan and her family
                              beg to thank Mr. Tesla
                              for the sympathy shown by
                              his beautiful gift of flowers!
                              _______________________
                              Funeral Service of the late J. Pierpont Morgan, Esq.
                              ST. GEORGE'S CHURCH
                              Monday, April 14th, 1913
                              Please present this card between 9 and 9:45a.m.

                              GALLERY
                              __________________________________________________ ___________
                              Morgan 0154

                              23 WALLSTREET N.Y., May 14, 1913

                              N. Tesla, Esq.,
                              202 Metropolitan Tower
                              1 Madison Avenue
                              New York

                              Dear Sir:
                              I am directed by Mr. J.P.Morgan
                              to say that he has your letter of
                              yesterday and that he expects to be
                              at the office all next week and will
                              be glad to see you if you call.

                              Yours very truly,
                              (signature)
                              Secretary
                              __________________________________________________ ____________
                              Morgan 0156

                              202 Metropolitan Tower
                              May 13, 1913

                              J.P. Morgan, Esq.,
                              c/o Uessre. J.P. Morgan & Co.,
                              3 Broad Street, City

                              Dear Mr. Morgan:

                              Respect for your sorrow has kept me from
                              writing before this and asking a favor of a short inter-
                              view.

                              I am very anxious to see you in regard to some matters
                              of importance and will be much obliged if you will kindly
                              appoint a meeting at your convenience.

                              Very truly yours,
                              __________________________________________________ _____________
                              Morgan 0157

                              202 Metropolitan Tower, May 19, 1913

                              Dear Mr. Morgan:

                              Realizing the great demands
                              upon your time I am enclosing a few short
                              statements, bearing on the subject of our
                              discussion, for perusal at your leisure.

                              As you may know, it was my good fortune
                              to discover an electrical principle which has
                              been universally adopted in the transmission
                              of power and in which incalculable capitol is
                              now invested. My present invention is, I be-
                              lieve, still more important and valuable.

                              It is my firm conviction that this new
                              principle is destined to work a tremendous
                              revolution and that not one of the present
                              forms of apparatus used in the production of
                              mechanical power will remain. Its application
                              to the manufacture of iron and steel, alone,
                              __________________________________________________ ____________
                              Morgan 0158

                              will yield a new revenue of $100,000,000 a
                              year through the utilization of the waste
                              heat and other economies, and it will have a
                              similar effect on ship propulsion, railroad-
                              automobile, and many large industries.

                              Knowing this as I do, not merely as an
                              expert but as a seer, you may judge how
                              anxious I am, for the sake of the world, to
                              connect myself with a man of your integrity
                              and power to whom I am attracted by sympathy
                              and esteem.

                              Yours very Sincerely,




                              J.P. Morgan, Esq.,
                              3 Broad Street
                              New York, N.Y.

                              Comment


                              • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeYscnFpEyA

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X