This forum is preserved as a permanent archive. The community continues at eMedia Press.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tesla microfilm letters

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeYscnFpEyA

    Comment


    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeYscnFpEyA

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Michelinho View Post
        Hi Ernst,

        That's very nice, somewhat like the original but I can read this and a user can always change the fonts for a different set with LibreOffice Draw, Acrobat, Calibre or which ever PDF Editor he prefers.

        Once formatted, the archive looks totally awesome.

        We will hit 1,000 + when Scherff 2 is done.

        Use different fonts for different protagonist's handwriting; the brain will process the handwritings, identify those involved and make it an enticing read. Something like "Reality TV Show" 1910's style.

        Can you add the fonts, that you are using during the formating, in a folder of the compressed archive. If they are copyright free.


        Take care,

        Michel
        Yes, I was thinking of using different script style fonts as well.
        And, I have already downloaded a few. And one that matches J.P. Morgan's secretary.
        All fonts I am using are (c) free (and so is all software that I am using ).
        First I only had the Tesla-font (downloaded from the Tesla Museum site).
        Now that I think of it, I also found one that looks somewhat like R.U.J.'s writing, but I did not download it...
        For all typewriting I use courier-10 (comes with open office).
        Liberation-sans is also frequently used.

        I can not do anything with the archive dR-green provided. It would consume my entire one month download limit....
        But I can make them available elsewhere. (will do so later)

        The 1000 transcripts mark is call for a celebration.


        Ernst.

        Comment


        • Morgan 159-162

          Morgan 0159 Promissory note

          15000.00 New York, May 20 1913
          _______ Month after date I promise to pay to
          the order of J.P. Morgan & Co.
          Fifteen Thousand 00/100 Dollars
          at the office 15 Broad Street New York City
          Value received 6% interest _________
          N. Tesla
          __________________________________________________ ____
          Morgan 0160

          202 Metropolitan Tower
          May 20, 1913

          My dear Mr. Morgan:

          Please accept my sincere
          thanks for your generous loan. I feel happy
          to have enlisted the interest of so big-
          hearted a man.

          After a careful review of the situation I
          shall make a clear statement, setting forth
          the propositions which I have put before you
          today.

          With renewed thanks and expressions of
          high regard, believe me,

          Faithfully yours.



          J.P. Morgan, Esq.,
          15 Broad Street,
          New York, N.Y.
          __________________________________________________ _________
          Morgan 0161

          202 Metropolitan Tower
          June 6, 1913

          J.P. Morgan, Esq.,
          15 Broad Street,
          New York, N.Y.

          Dear Sir:

          Under enclosure please find statements concerning two
          groups of my inventions, respectively, in the wireless art and
          fluid propulsion.

          As regards the first, I had the great honor of associ-
          ating myself with your father. Needless to state that he car-
          ried out his promise to the letter, generously advancing one
          hundred fifty thousand dollars, but others deserted me. Although
          I managed to raise by personal sacrifices an additional capital
          of over two hundred thousand dollars, it was not enough, to com-
          plete my project and I was compelled to devote myself to other
          inventions which I am glad to say are now perfected and ready
          for commercial use.

          In either of these fields in which I have the good for-
          tune to be a pioneer the possibilities are immense and I can
          vouch for the fullest success, but my appeal for your support is
          on a higher plane.

          In brief, my interest is controlling in the first group
          of inventions; in the second, I have 50% clear and have secured
          by option an additional interest.

          The proposition which I would respectfully submit is to
          organise two companies and to turn over to you my entire inter-
          ests in both, of which you may accord me such a part as you choose
          which, moreover, will be honorably pledged to yours so as to en-
          able you to carry out any plan of policy you may deem best.

          Hoping that you will do me the honor shown by your father
          and assuring you of my gratitude and high regard, I remain

          Yours faithfully.
          __________________________________________________ _______________
          Morgan 0162

          23 Wall Street June 11th, 1913.
          New York

          My dear Mr. Tesla,

          I am greatly impressed by your letter of June 6th,
          but could not, of course, consent to your doing as you suggest,
          that is, turning over to me your entire interest in the two
          companies which you propose to organize. I wish to make a
          counter suggestion in that connection, which is that you should
          proceed to organize your companies, and, if and as they work
          out, repay to Mr. Morgan's Estate, either in securities or in
          cash, the money Mr. Morgan advanced, as may be best arranged
          at that time. It seems to me that you are entitled to the
          profits on these companies, but that Mr. Morgan would, in
          strict justice, be entitled to a return of his money if it
          could be arranged.

          I presume that all this does not have any connec-
          tion with the turbine matter in regard to which we talked the
          other day.

          Yours very truly,
          (signed)J.P. Morgan


          Mr. Nikola Tesla,
          202 Metropolitan Tower,
          New York City.

          Comment


          • Morgan 163-165

            Morgan 0163 (COPY)

            1 Madison Avenue. June 15, 1913

            My dear Mr. Morgan:

            Many thanks for your extremely kind letter
            which I value very much as evidence of your sympathy and appreci-
            ation of my work.

            It is clear to me now that you are moved by the same great
            spirit of generosity which has animated your father and I am more
            than ever desirous of enlisting your interest and support in these
            important advances, knowing that the world will then see their full
            possibilities. Destiny has placed you in a position of great pow-
            or and influence and here is a wonderful opportunity.

            As for myself I contemplate more than financial success. Ten
            years ago I wrote to Mr. Morgan:..."I shall speak your name in
            the telephone and it will be repeated loudly, everywhere in the
            tone of my voice. This I have conceived as a means for acquitting
            myself fittingly of my debt to you." A great monument will no
            doubt be built to Mr. Morgan but none in marble or bronze could be
            as lasting as the achievement which I have proposed to link with
            his memory.

            I must not have been quite explicit in my letter of the 6th inst.
            Permit me to explain that the statements submitted to you deal with
            two groups of inventions in entirely different fields - in "wireless"
            and "fluid propulsion." The turbine is only a special case in the
            latter group. They are of great and already established value and
            I sincerely hope, in a higher interest, that you will look favor-
            ably on my proposition.

            Believe me,
            Ever yours faithfully,
            (signed) N. Tesla
            __________________________________________________ _____________
            Morgan 0164

            23 Wall Street. June 17th, 1913.
            New York.

            My dear Mr. Tesla,

            I have your letter of the 15th instant, an am
            much obliged to you for the offer. I cannot, however, accept
            the proposition which you make, as I have told you, but I hope
            that you will be successful in your efforts, and shall of course
            be very glad if you are able, later on, to return to Mr Morgan's
            estate the money which Mr. Morgan advanced you in connection
            with your "wireless" work.

            Yours very sincerely,
            (signed) JPMorgan



            Nikola Tesla, Esq.,
            1. Madison Avenue, City.
            __________________________________________________ _____________
            Morgan 0165

            Sent to Mr. Morgan the following:

            Letter rec'd from Mr. Lowenstein in re Elec.meeting
            Copy of Century Article,.1900
            Copy of the Electrical World Article, 1905
            and the comment from leading German technical papers:

            "This is a blending of the grandest
            technical accomplishment with the most
            vivid imagination such as perhaps has
            never before manifested itself in the
            human mind."

            June 19th, 1913

            Comment


            • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeYscnFpEyA

              Comment


              • Tesla Correspondence Scherff 2 0236-0237-0238-0239-0240

                Tesla Correspondence Scherff 2 #0236


                COPY OF TELEGRAM RECEIVED FROM CHICAGO


                CHICAGO, Ill. June 17, 1918.


                Tesla Co.,
                8 West 40 St. New York, N.Y.

                Mr scherff your dispatch informing me that action is set for Friday next received. Although there has been improvement in my condition my return to New York will be out of the question for quite a while Since the Court does not accept my physical inability as sufficient cause for granting adjournment there is of no effect now and should have no validity before the Court since the granting of the request would not in any way enhance my labors owing to the fact that I am unable to continue. It seems hard but under the circumstances we must rely on the attorney to make the best of it.

                TESLA


                __________________________________________________ ___________

                Tesla Correspondence Scherff 2 #0237


                POSTAL TELEGRAPH – COMMERCIAL CABLES

                TELEGRAM

                1och n 21 325p

                Fa New York, June 17, 1918.

                Nikola Tesla, Esq.,
                Hotel Blackstone chgo.

                Telegram received cases have been adjourned until next Friday and will go to Trial then unless affidavit from Washington is presented.

                Scherff.


                __________________________________________________ ___________

                Tesla Correspondence Scherff 2 #0238


                POSTAL TELEGRAPH – COMMERCIAL CABLES

                TELEGRAM

                125NY FY 230PM 31

                BA CHGO ILLS 14TH

                TESLA CO INC

                81E 4CST NY

                MR. SCHERFF YOUR LETTER INCLOSING FORSTERS RECEIVED PLEASE BE NONCOMMITTAL HOPE MY NOTE HAS REACHED YOU GLAD TO ADVISE YOU THAT THERE HAS BEEN CHANGE FOR BETTER IN MY CONDITION.

                TESLA


                __________________________________________________ ___________

                Tesla Correspondence Scherff 2 #0239


                POSTAL TELEGRAPH – COMMERCIAL CABLES

                TELEGRAM

                13ch n 11 3p

                Fa NewYork NY June 14, 1918.

                Nikola Tesla Esq
                Blackstone chgo.

                Have delivered affidavit to Foster he believes this will secure adjournment

                Scherff


                __________________________________________________ ___________

                Tesla Correspondence Scherff 2 #0240


                POSTAL TELEGRAPH – COMMERCIAL CABLES

                TELEGRAM

                248NY FY 5PM 26

                BA CHGO ILLS 13

                TESLA CO INC

                MR SCHERFF DISPATCH RECEIVED NO WORD AS YET FROM

                WASHN BUT PHYSICIANS CERTIFICATE WAS MAILED PLEASE
                CASE
                SEND ANOTHER COPY OF WIRELESS WITH ONE HUNDRED

                CLAIMS

                TESLA


                __________________________________________________ ___________
                Last edited by Michelinho; 02-04-2016, 08:44 PM.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeYscnFpEyA

                Comment


                • Tesla Correspondence Scherff 2 0241-0242-0243-0244-0245

                  Tesla Correspondence Scherff 2 #0241


                  POSTAL TELEGRAPH – COMMERCIAL CABLES

                  TELEGRAM

                  New York, June 12, 1918
                  To Nikola Tesla, Esq.

                  Hotel Blackstone, Chicago, Ill.

                  Shocked to learn of your misfortune foster advises affidavit from Washington should be in his hands Saturday If this cannot be obtained suggest you forward affidavit from your physician.

                  Scherff.

                  __________________________________________________ ______________

                  Tesla Correspondence Scherff 2 #0242


                  POSTAL TELEGRAPH – COMMERCIAL CABLES

                  NIGHT LETTERGRAM


                  T1o4ch UT 40NL 3N

                  BA Chicago, june 11-18.

                  TESLA CO INC.

                  8 WEST 40 ST NYC

                  MR SCHERFF FRIDAY LAST SUSTAINED INJURY TO SPINE RENDERING MOVEMENTS PAINFUL AND DIFFICULT. SPECIALIST HOLDS OUT HOPE THAT TROUBLE WILL NOT BE PERMANENT. DELAY IN WORK NEARLY COMPLETED MOST UNFORTUNATE. WILL WRITE AS SOON AS I CAN MANAGE.

                  TESLA

                  __________________________________________________ ______________

                  Tesla Correspondence Scherff 2 #0243


                  WESTERN UNION

                  TELEGRAM

                  RECEIVED AT SI 1450 B'WAY N. Y.

                  J188CH 95 NL

                  CHICAGO ILL 6-7

                  TESLA CO INC.

                  8 WEST 40 ST. NEW YORK CITY NY

                  10 MR. SCHERFF PERSONAL INFORMATION ONLY RECEIVED WIRE FROM A ST-- ASKING FULLER INFORMATION PROBABLY ON ACCOUNT OF CHANGES IN OFFICE MUST HAVE COPY OF DICTATION TO MISS DREWS ABOUT FIFTEEN PAGES ON STATIC DISTURBANCY SHOULD BE BIG CASE WITH ONE HUNDRED CLAIMS YOU WILL FIND IT IN LARGE RED WALLETS OR SOMEWHERE UNDER THERE NEW YORK FRIEND ROBSON THINKS HOWEVER MATTER COULD BE DISPOSE OF THROUGH HIM

                  __________________________________________________ ______________

                  Tesla Correspondence Scherff 2 #0244


                  WESTERN UNION

                  TELEGRAM

                  RECEIVED AT SI 1450 B'WAY N. Y.

                  J188CH ----- 2

                  CHICAGO ILL 6-7

                  ----- THE MAYOR LETTER WILL FOLLOW IN VIEW OF INCERTITUDE MUST ASK YOU TO TAKE CARE OF OFFICE PEOPLE HERE AWAY MOST OF THE TIME.

                  TESLA.

                  __________________________________________________ ______________

                  Tesla Correspondence Scherff 2 #0245


                  POSTAL TELEGRAPH – COMMERCIAL CABLES

                  TELEGRAM


                  212NY FY 44 505P

                  BA CHGO ILLS 7

                  TESLA CO INC.

                  NY

                  MR.SCHERFF YOUR LETTER OF FIFTH RECEIVED MUCH MATERIAL HAS ALREADY BEEN FURNISHED TO FOSTER PLEASE GO CAREFULLY OVER NEW MATTER BEFORE DELIVERING OBLIGE BY MAILING ME IMMEDIATELY COPIES OF THE TWO LETTER HE REFERS TO ALSO OF MY CORRESPONDENCE DIRECTLY RELATING TO THESE.

                  TESLA


                  __________________________________________________ ______________
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeYscnFpEyA

                  Comment


                  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeYscnFpEyA

                    Comment


                    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeYscnFpEyA

                      Comment


                      • Tesla Correspondence Scherff 2 0261-0263-0264-0265

                        Tesla Correspondence Scherff 2 #0261


                        COPY OF
                        WESTERN UNION TELEGRAM


                        New York, May 31, 1918.

                        Nikola Tesla, Esq.,
                        Hotel Blackstone,
                        Chicago, Ill.

                        Foster requires figures and data for Lowenstein action but says such action not helpful at present time. He calls your attention to importance of affidavit requested in his letter May twenty-eight. Bernstein will not proceed without retainer of One hundred fifty dollars. What shall I do? Can you suggest to me other attorney? Foster action not dangerous but answer must be
                        filed.

                        Scherff.

                        PREPAID
                        CHARGE TESLA COMPANY, INC.

                        __________________________________________________ ______

                        Tesla Correspondence Scherff 2 #0263


                        WESTERN UNION

                        TELEGRAM

                        1918 May 31 ------ 3 : 37
                        RECEIVED AT 3 09 SI 1450 B'WAY N. Y.

                        413CH 44

                        CH CHICAGO ILL 213P 31

                        TESLA CO INC

                        8 WEST 40 ST NEWYORK NY

                        FOR MR SCHERFF CHECK WILL REACH OFFICE MONDAY RELATED OWING TO HOLIDAY SORRY TO BOTHER YOU AGAIN AND WOULD NOT IF THERE WAS ANY QUESTION ABOUT REFUNDING YOU WILL KNOW TOMORROW IF PAPER REQUESTED OBTAINABLE HERE PATENT FOR PROTECTOR JUST RECEIVED VERY VALUABLE RUSH
                        TESLA.
                        5.07 -------

                        __________________________________________________ ______

                        Tesla Correspondence Scherff 2 #0264


                        WESTERN UNION

                        TELEGRAM

                        1918 May 31 ------ 3 : 37
                        RECEIVED AT 3 09 SI 1450 B'WAY N. Y.

                        F330CH 1 -- RUSH

                        CH CHICAGO ILL 120P 29

                        TESLA COMPANY INC

                        8 WEST 40 ST NEWYORK NY

                        FOR MR SCHERFF BERNSTEIN WIRES JUST HAVE PERSONAL INTERVIEW ALSO RETAINER PLEASE TELL HIM: KNOW NO MORE OF CASE THAN YOURSELF NO SERVICES WERE RENDERED ANSWER CAN ONLY BE COMPLETE DENIAL AND PERHAPS BILL OF PARTICULARS LATE FOR TIME BEING RETAINING NOT ADVISABLE BUT HE CAN GET FOR SERVICE WHAT IS FAIR IN YOUR JUDGMENTS

                        TESLA.

                        __________________________________________________ ______

                        Tesla Correspondence Scherff 2 #0265


                        WESTERN UNION

                        TELEGRAM

                        1918 May 31 ------ 3 : 37
                        RECEIVED AT 3 09 SI 1450 B'WAY N. Y.

                        Y393CH 53 -- EX RUSH

                        CH CHICAGO ILL 120P 29

                        TESLA COMPANY INC

                        8 WEST 40 ST NEWYORK NY

                        FOR MR SCHERFF MESSAGE ABOUT CASH CQ NOT VERY HELPFUL ---- ONLY ---- PARTY SLIGHTLY PLEASE INFORM FOSTER THAT SUIT MUST BE BEGUN AGAINST LOWENSTEIN FOR SERVICES RENDERED MONEY ADVANCED AND CAPITAL ENLISTED THROUGH MY REPORTS AS WELL AS ----- IMPORTANT HELP GIVEN AT SACRIFICE ALL BY FAR OUTWEIGHING HIS CLAIM.
                        TESLA.

                        __________________________________________________ ______
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeYscnFpEyA

                        Comment


                        • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeYscnFpEyA

                          Comment


                          • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeYscnFpEyA

                            Comment


                            • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeYscnFpEyA

                              Comment


                              • Tesla Correspondence Scherff 2 0281-0282-0283-0284-0285

                                Tesla Correspondence Scherff 2 #0281


                                WESTERN UNION

                                TELEGRAM

                                RECEIVED AT SI 1450 B'WAY N. Y.

                                F288CH 39

                                CH CHICAGO ILL 318P 21

                                GEORGE SCHERFF 1401

                                8 WEST 40 ST NEWYORK NY


                                YOUR TELEGRAM RECEIVED SUBSTITUTION OF ATTORNEY WILL MEAN EXPOSURE TO VICIOUS ATTACKS HOW FAR WILL RETAINING FEE GO IN MEETING EXPENSES OF SUIT X RETURN STILL UNCERTAIN OWING TO MATTERS PENDING PLEASE WIRE SHALL THINK IT OVER MEANWHILE.

                                TESLA.

                                __________________________________________________ ______________

                                Tesla Correspondence Scherff 2 #0282


                                WESTERN UNION

                                TELEGRAM

                                RECEIVED AT

                                FY NEWYORK MAY 20.18
                                T784
                                NIKOLA TESLA
                                BLACKSTONE HOTEL CHICAGO ILLS


                                CONSULTED DAVID BERNSTEIN IS A VERY ABLE ATTORNEY TWO SIXTY ONE BROADWAY REGARDING FOSTER AGAINST TESLA CO INC ADVISES IN VIEW OF FACT THAT FOSTER NOW REPRESENT YOU AND NIKOLA TESLA CO IN MENDING LITIGATION THAT SUBSTITUTION OF ATTORNEYS SHOULD BE MADE IMMEDIATELY ALSO THAT IT IS INCONVENIENT FOR YOU TO BE HERE WITHIN NEXT FEW WEEKS CONFER WITH HIM ABOUT THESE MATTERS THAT HE COME TO CHICAGO TO SEE YOU IN PRESENT SUIT HE WILL REQUIRE RETAINING FEE OF TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY DOLLARS

                                GEO SCHERFF

                                __________________________________________________ ______________

                                Tesla Correspondence Scherff 2 #0283

                                COPY TELEGRAM.


                                Chicago, May 17, 1918.

                                George Scherff, Esq.,
                                Union Sulphur Co.,
                                17 Battery Place, City.

                                Little difficulty in final adjustment with P.N. but think will be amicably
                                settled. They claim that no compensation to me is due. Have nearly completed important business re my turbo blowers. As these matters may drag oblige by advancing the necessary funds to Miss Skerritt to-morrow.

                                Tesla.

                                __________________________________________________ ______________

                                Tesla Correspondence Scherff 2 #0284
                                Orig to Mr. Scherff 5/14


                                TELEGRAM RECEIVED FROM MR. TESLA IN CHICAGO TO


                                Chicago, May 10, 1918.

                                George Scherff,
                                Tesla Co., Inc. 8 West 40th St., N.Y.C.

                                Yours with paper received. Have no knowledge of alleged services; to say that I am amazed is putting it mildly. Please give orders to office for guidance in further correspondence and inquiries, also direct that all records be submitted to you for examination. Letter to follow.

                                TESLA

                                __________________________________________________ ______________

                                Tesla Correspondence Scherff 2 #0285

                                COPY


                                Chicago, April 26, 1918.

                                George Scherff,
                                Union Sulphur Company,
                                17 Battery Place, New York.

                                Owing to illness my usual communication will be late. Greatly oblige by meeting office requirements tomorrow. See you soon.

                                Tesla.

                                __________________________________________________ ______________
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeYscnFpEyA

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X